Star Fortress Heroics - 5.0 Question

Jinook_Phi

In all the threads I read before 5.0, it was stated that to do SFH mode, you needed to be in 216 or higher gear and have a companion with some decent heals. Is that still the case? Although I noticed a slight uptick post 5.0 in story mode difficulty, I still easily walk through those in 50% 216 and 50% 208 gear. Last night, I began the LONG and expensive process of upgrading my Sentinel, he's now 50% 216 and 50% 228 gear, 35% crit rate, 109.85% accuracy, about 98K in health. Good enough to do solo heroics on SF?

Thanks! Appreciate your time

Jin

So with the star fortress there is a solo mode and a heroic mode. I haven't run a SF since the 5.0 update but I think this advice is still valid. With the solo mode, what you have you should be fine. With the heroic mode it may be much more difficult depending on how well you know your rotation and use you defensive CDs. Also, you can get alliance buffs by getting each of the four alliance members up to rank 10. This does help some, plus having you comp at rank 50. With heroic mode you do have to pay attention to the mechanics and use your interrupts when applicable.

Edit: Ignore what I said about solo mode, I see that you've ran it. Also, I assume that you are level 70.

Edited by acidburncpt

As with the heroics pre 5.0, some Exarchs are easier with certain classes. I find the Voss and Nar Shadaa exarchs the hardest to solo because their casted self heal needs to be interrupted each time when soloing, and some classes lack an interrupt on a short enough cool down.

That being said, loot is completely screwed up right now. Paladins haven't dropped the conquered exarch legacy shells since 4.1.l, and the paladins, prototype skytrooper, and the exarchs don't drop ANY LOOT WHATSOEVER post 5.0. I wouldn't bother doing them until the loot is fixed. Too much time and not enough benefit.

That being said, loot is completely screwed up right now. Paladins haven't dropped the conquered exarch legacy shells since 4.1.l, and the paladins, prototype skytrooper, and the exarchs don't drop ANY LOOT WHATSOEVER post 5.0. I wouldn't bother doing them until the loot is fixed. Too much time and not enough benefit.

Anything after SoR doesn't seem to drop anything since 5.0

Been running them on Heroic 2 on my new Warrior, as it's part of the content I want to get done before going into the last chapter of KotFE and into KotET with her (did all the FPs/Planet Story Lines, none of the OPs, not sure if Sector X is really worth doing).

There was one extremely hard one, just kept healing, can't remember which one it was, Nar Shaddaa I believe. That was with a 50 Companion (I knew common crystals were going to be junk after 5.0 so I bought all the Companion Gifts I could

Noticeable difference in difficulty since I last soloed them. :p

Man, didn't know the loot was garbage. You still get the perks loot I assume, for the various achievements? There are four specific loot items and then the big generator once you do all the Exarchs? My toon highest level companion is 35 and that took forever. Sigh. So Its sounding like I got to get her to 50. Im about 75% done with all the Paladins via solo mode, want to finish that before diving into Heroics. And now hearing this with the loot, which I have noticed game wide, maybe thats a good thing. I want to do the Heroics for my decor fetish- LOL. I really like those items.

I would also like to know what a reasonable gear level would be. I tried taking an alt in to finish up his recruitment missions before continuing his chapters, but despite being bolstered he was hitting like a wet noodle so I didn't bother trying to finish it.

Yep, specifics here would be helpful, in my case, for my Watchman Sentinel. I do a rather decent job with my interupts, I have a very set rotation. But unclear what the minimum stats need to be

I've done them in 228/230 with few 216 armorings. Though companions I have used are rank 50.

It just takes time. Though not as time consuming as heroic mode was in 4.x.

You don't really need that much healing until the last part before boss + actual boss fight. Should be easily doable with rank 30+ companion. Some of the paladins hit really hard so good healer companion is needed for them or you just have to improvise.

My stats when I did heroic mode runs (not accurate)

~110,50 % accuracy, 35% crit (though you should aim at least for 40% in 228/230 w/ 228 augments), ~8% alacrity

Edited by Halinalle

Based on the post-5.0 boost ops mobs have gotten I think your gear is fine. Make sure you use the alliance terminal at the start to get the buffs and also collect all of the clickables through out the map. There are four total and they can help a lot in the exarch fight. Edited by acidburncpt

35->40 is 710k with correct gift type. 40->50 is around 2,2 million. So going from 35 it shouldn't cost too much. Just make sure you buy the correct gifts. Also 30% influence boost to companion gifts from legacy character perks is mandatory. Edited by Halinalle

Yep, I have all the legacy perks, thanks for the info. Some blues give me +416, and the so called epics only give like a 100 north of that, so what you're saying makes sense.

I read on Dulfy about the Heroics but I am confused with those four Alliance things are, exactly? Are they like the shield in the Arcann fight or are they buffs you can pop whenever you chose?

Thanks for all the great feedback! Good stuff.

The alliance buffs you can get by clicking a terminal at the beginning of the mission after you drop down from the vent shaft. I don't exactly remember what each does but there are four buffs that reduce damage received, reduces accuracy of skytroopers, ect. The clickables are four alliance items that you can find throughout the SF map. They appear on you temp quick bar where you heroic moment icon appears. As you collect an item you get a new icon, one is a sentry turrent (very helpful), one heals you, one is a grenade that stuns skytroopers, and one produces a repeating force shockwave. Those are rough descriptions, I don't remember exactly. They have cooldowns but can be very useful with the final exach fight. Edited by acidburncpt