Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will the stream trio admit that cxp was a failure?

Forren-Midosea

They don't have to admit jack sh*t just so you can feel good. I'd much rather have them talk to us and work out a compromise rather than make a witch hunt stream where the community can **** off to the sentence "I told you so."

They don't need to admit anything. I didn't require Blizzard to apologize for WoD. I didn't require SquareEnix to apologize for the initial Final Fantasy 14. I didn't require Ubisoft to apologize for The Division. Live and let live is a good concept that way.

For 1 post about cxp is good, there are 1000 that say its bad. THIS MEANS SOMETHING! Admit that it was a failure.

eee you might want to count exactly how many people post those 1000+ posts, you know the community of these forums is really not that big lol. and mostly people ***** about RNG in gearing, not the cxp itself, it's actually not a bad system for those players that do not participate in raids or pvp.

i will say though G.C. would be much better received if there was actually a good amount of new content to do / explore to go along with it =) but you never know. maybe they're planning something huge for the next expansion that will blow our mind away lol..... :D:D ..... ofc that might not be the case, but one thing for sure - sure there has to be a reason why they do the things they do lol.... now if i believe if it's a good reason i can't say, cause dunno what the reason is, but at the end of the day, the changes coming in 5.1 in january should really things much better... if they balance it right lol:D:D

I'd rather see a positive change than hear sorry.

I'd take both. Nothing wrong with saying hey we made a mistake here and misread the situation and then presenting ideas for a sutable change that doesn't revolved around keeping what your gamers currently dislike in the first place.

I'd take both. Nothing wrong with saying hey we made a mistake here and misread the situation and then presenting ideas for a sutable change that doesn't revolved around keeping what your gamers currently dislike in the first place.

This is about a business and a product not the junior high playground. Nobody's mom was insulted. let's all work together and create a solution. I could care less about an apology. We just need to change the path. And not all the gamers here felt what they did was a wrong move.

I wouldn't say that gaining CXP, or the Galactic Command system, were failures. Really, the only thing that needed to change was the gearing piece which does not make up the entire GC system. These changes seem to be on point with what needed to happen. We told them pre PTS, and on the PTS, that a type of universal token exchange was the way to go to make this work to its full potential. Now, they have instituted the universal token exchange.

If we look at content played: GSF has seen an uptick of play due to CXP gains (myself being one of the recent entries into GSF and loving it). PVP has had a higher level of que pops. Flashpoints of both difficulties are popping. Uprisings are pretty much an instant pop on story. Content is being played at a higher rate than before so you can't say that the Galactic Command system or by extension the rewarded command experience points and ranks received from it are failures. It was simply tied to a gearing path that wasn't appropriate. Now, it should be closer to what we should have had from the beginning.

They have. Not in the words you wanted, but their actions admit it was.

And just to correct this a little bit...RNG gearing was the mistake...CXP, as a posterity level, achievement, or random loot enhancer, would have been fine...not the RNG gearing though.

I wouldn't say that gaining CXP, or the Galactic Command system, were failures. Really, the only thing that needed to change was the gearing piece which does not make up the entire GC system. These changes seem to be on point with what needed to happen. We told them pre PTS, and on the PTS, that a type of universal token exchange was the way to go to make this work to its full potential. Now, they have instituted the universal token exchange.

If we look at content played: GSF has seen an uptick of play due to CXP gains (myself being one of the recent entries into GSF and loving it). PVP has had a higher level of que pops. Flashpoints of both difficulties are popping. Uprisings are pretty much an instant pop on story. Content is being played at a higher rate than before so you can't say that the Galactic Command system or by extension the rewarded command experience points and ranks received from it are failures. It was simply tied to a gearing path that wasn't appropriate. Now, it should be closer to what we should have had from the beginning.

+1

/5char

They have. Not in the words you wanted, but their actions admit it was.

And just to correct this a little bit...RNG gearing was the mistake...CXP, as a posterity level, achievement, or random loot enhancer, would have been fine...not the RNG gearing though.

This. Getting the occasional RNG box full of stuff for doing nothing more than playing the game could be nice enough. When you use it as a supplement, then it's a fine idea. Making that the ONLY way to get set bonus gear was the rotten apple in that particular bushel. That's the part EAWare are starting to back down on.

Don't get me wrong, the GC system needs a ton of work... it needs better CXP balancing based on time spent on different activities, for one thing. And I really wish it would stop dropping rep tokens (since a lot of people playing endgame already have a lot of those, if not all, reps maxed and so those tokens are useless and grant only 10 CXP when disintegrated). But at least they've taken the first step in trying to fix their screwup in shoving it down all our throats.

As others have said, this is a business we're talking about. They're not going to admit in words "This was a terrible idea, we're sorry." They will give marketing speak and spin how they're making an EXCITING! system even better! But as long as the end result is that gearing will not require reliance on a RNG mechanic alone, I don't need a verbal mea culpa from EAWare.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.