Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Champion mobs in operations nerfed from 20 CXP to 5 CXP with no patch note.

DakhathKilrathi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They NEVER include every change made in a patch in the patch notes. Never have, never will.

If they did.. the patch notes would be many many pages longer and many do not even read them now... except to come back to the forum and call them liars and deceivers.

While that may be true for certain issues, but a nerf to CXP at a volatile point in this new expansion, not include it on the patch notes until after the patch is a deliberate move. That wasn't an omission because it was negligible, or just an oversight. With all the talk about CXP going on any changes are going be scrutinized. All they did was buy themselves a day of turmoil, but it was kept hidden intentionally.

Oh yeah they did it deliberately to troll the 20 or so who are so worked up over CXP!!! Those evil bastards lol

That change was intentionally omitted from the patch notes, I agree with you on that point. Now you may believe that it was to troll, but that is your opinion. I wish you wouldn't call BW trolls though, its really unbecoming. and to call them names too....shame, shame on you for being so anti-BW.

That change was intentionally omitted from the patch notes, I agree with you on that point. Now you may believe that it was to troll, but that is your opinion. I wish you wouldn't call BW trolls though, its really unbecoming. and to call them names too....shame, shame on you for being so anti-BW.

No silly...not Bioware, the obvious troll in this thre....oooooh....I get it ;)

So funny.:rolleyes: People all week have been saying on fleet that if you wanted to take advantage of this that you better do it before patch hit.I knew they gonna adjust it,you knew they were gonna adjust it and just about everyone i talked to yesterday knew they were gonna adjust it.My question is,why are you ************ about something you knew was helping boost a single aspect of the game,but destroying most of the rest? Ive been here since launch and i have never seen something in this game that needed to be fixed so bad.I mean,you couldnt even do the daily op for conquest when KP came up because noone wanted to burn their lockout and that makes something not good for the game.Be thankful they just nerfed that part and not all champs like they did the elites.:cool:

So funny.:rolleyes: People all week have been saying on fleet that if you wanted to take advantage of this that you better do it before patch hit.I knew they gonna adjust it,you knew they were gonna adjust it and just about everyone i talked to yesterday knew they were gonna adjust it.My question is,why are you ************ about something you knew was helping boost a single aspect of the game,but destroying most of the rest? Ive been here since launch and i have never seen something in this game that needed to be fixed so bad.I mean,you couldnt even do the daily op for conquest when KP came up because noone wanted to burn their lockout and that makes something not good for the game.Be thankful they just nerfed that part and not all champs like they did the elites.:cool:

I knew the nerf was coming. I nearly hit the cap and a friend of mine actually did hit the cap. Doesn't mean I'm happy about this.

once again we get accurate and timely information from datamined sources as opposed to BW.

All they do is cry...its why the majority of players never step foot in these forums. It doesnt matter what they release xpac, patch, livestream, an update there are 20 or so on here that will spam every thread in an effort to make it look like a serious issue and claim the end of SWTOR because of it...They have been at for 5 years they are not going to stop now.

It's ok. You've still got a total of XXchamps in the hallways of XX, start the XXfarm until they nerf that.

Don't think they are going to like it when this is reported...you are not supposed to pass exploits on here. Or spam the same post like you did on the other thread.

Edited by Furh

It's ok. You've still got a total of 27 champs in the hallways of DP, start the DP farm until they nerf that.

That was our thinking as well. Since bw made sure to boil swtor down to nothing more than what gives the best CXP for you time, it seems DP is another place to look at as the best value for efficiency and time in game for cxp gains.

Of course like KP and general mobs it will get nerfed. Its not an exploit or anything AS BW SAID but I'm sure bw will nerf that grind to the ground because they want you to do a different grind. :rolleyes:

Edited by Quraswren

why in the world would anyone run a full KP at this point? not at all worth doing.

You (or anybody else) do not 'control' how the game is played, maintained, made, or developed. Stating that the KP Op isn't worth doing after the CXP grind has been nerfed is your opinion (and if you are ftp, your opinion really doesn't matter to me at all, anyways). :D

Edited by JepFareborn

That was our thinking as well. Since bw made sure to boil swtor down to nothing more than what gives the best CXP for you time, it seems DP is another place to look at as the best value for efficiency and time in game for cxp gains.

Of course like KP and general mobs it will get nerfed. Its not an exploit or anything AS BW SAID but I'm sure bw will nerf that grind to the ground because they want you to do a different grind. :rolleyes:

EAWare are going to nerf every way people choose to grind CXP--I'm waiting to see how long they allow the snowballs to keep awarding CXP--in their attempts to make the miserable grind even more miserable and grindy. How else will they sell people on the idea of spending real money to speed up the roulette wheel of their pay to win RNG gearing system? They're making a gearing treadmill so horrible and tedious that people will be willing to pay them just to make the grind go a little bit faster!

You (or anybody else) do not 'control' how the game is played, maintained, made, or developed. Stating that the KP Op isn't worth doing after the CXP grind has been nerfed is your opinion (and if you are ftp, your opinion really doesn't matter to me at all, anyways). :D

Psst... if he's posting here, it means he has paid subscription days on his account. :D

EAWare are going to nerf every way people choose to grind CXP--I'm waiting to see how long they allow the snowballs to keep awarding CXP--in their attempts to make the miserable grind even more miserable and grindy. How else will they sell people on the idea of spending real money to speed up the roulette wheel of their pay to win RNG gearing system? They're making a gearing treadmill so horrible and tedious that people will be willing to pay them just to make the grind go a little bit faster!

I have no doubt that is correct.

Any change to push the cartel market. Even after such a massive nerf to mobs from 10 to 1 CXP. It got the tiniest bit of change to 2 CXP now. WHY? Because at a value of 2, the real money CXP boost works. That is the only reason it got changed at all because such a small change doesn't benefit the gamer enough to matter.

It didn't get changed as a benefit to gamers even though we knew it was a knee jerk reaction to the most extreme small number of grinders (which was a poorly designed nerf anyway). It was changed for the real money boost to work.

If you are not doing bws particular grind, bw will nerf the grind you actually choose to do. They are desperate to show positive numbers to whoever will listen that this expansion and the watered down FPs called uprisings are great and people are doing them. The only way that was going to hapen is to "push" players to them byt making the CXP watering holes. I can see it now, "Just look at the numbers. we're doing so well!" (of course after they nerf nearly everything else and raised uprisings cxp gains.)

It's all about what the swtor turkey looks like in it's presentation. Doesn't matter that on the inside its a dried out, tasteless old bird.

Edited by Quraswren

I have no doubt that is correct.

Any change to push the cartel market. Even after such a massive nerf to mobs from 10 to 1 CXP. It got the tiniest bit of change to 2 CXP now. WHY? Because at a value of 2, the real money CXP boost works. That is the only reason it got changed at all because such a small change doesn't benefit the gamer enough to matter.

It didn't get changed as a benefit to gamers even though we knew it was a knee jerk reaction to the most extreme small number of grinders (which was a poorly designed nerf anyway). It was changed for the real money boost to work.

[sNIP]

2 * 1.25 = 2.5, which rounds to 2, so I think it doesn't work.

They are desperate to show numbers to whoever will listen that this expansion and the watered down FPs called uprisings are great and people are doing them. Just look at teh numbers. (of course after they nerf nearly everything else and raised uprisings cxp gains.)

The numbers tell a very chilling story. KotET has only caused a minor improvement in the population trends. At only two weeks after an expac launch that's disastrous.

With nothing new to keep folks around and the new emphasis on being grindcore I suspect January or February populations are going to thin out to their worse levels ever. Of course that'll be hidden by the mergers. (New UltraServer technology!)

The numbers tell a very chilling story. KotET has only caused a minor improvement in the population trends. At only two weeks after an expac launch that's disastrous.

With nothing new to keep folks around and the new emphasis on being grindcore I suspect January or February populations are going to thin out to their worse levels ever. Of course that'll be hidden by the mergers. (New UltraServer technology!)

You mean worse than the worse times ever in 2012,2013,2014,2015, and 2016??? How many times can we have such incredible predictions from you guys?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.