Changes to Gearing through Galactic Command

EricMusco

lol... Think I still have the blue welfare set they used to mail us once you hit 50.

Still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my second Sent. on JC has 47 Valor. But I do vaguely remember being into regs for 3 or 4 weeks at one time.

There's a huge scale with Valor as it gets up to higher levels. You can make level 47 pretty easily playing for a few weeks like you brought up. It actually requires more total valor to go from rank 99-100 than it does for you to go from rank 0-47 valor.

For those interested in this tangent: https://thefanaticalswordsman.com/2013/11/02/valor-ranks-complete-list/

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Please keep all of your feedback coming on Command Crates, Command XP, and Galactic Command. The team is always looking over your feedback and looking for ways we can improve the system! We have been reading everything you sent our way, and there are couple of stand-out points (this is by no means everything):

• There needs to be a way to work towards a specific slot of gear to fill in gaps (especially set bonuses) for people who are unlucky with Command Crates.
  • Gearing your other characters is too grindy.

With this in mind, the team has some important changes planned for Game Update 5.1 coming next month to address the above concerns! We are finalizing those changes now and will walk you through our plans during this Thursday’s Livestream, 12/15 so be sure to tune in. If you can’t make the stream we will be posting a recap on the forums. I just wanted to let you know that along with the changes we have already made in 5.0a and 5.0.1, your voices are being heard. We look forward to talking with all of you about the upcoming changes.

-eric

PS - I will be back on the stream this week so the stream dream team is back together again.

By taking gold mobs from 10 cxp to 1 and then to 2 the NET EFFECT of the changes is still a loss for the players. You did NOTHING to offset it in flashpoints or raids or anything. Good try though lol.

Now you think its a good idea to announce yeah we are going to fix it in like 6 weeks, good luck with that one.

Just wait until a large chunk of the population has T2 and T3 gear and they run into casual, sane player in warzones, that will go well. But I guess that debacle if for another day.

I really don't want to see the game suffer but the system sucks in it's current state, players have been telling you since before it went live and when it all hits the fan it's squarely on you guys.

Remove gearing from the crates, Remove RnG from gearing. Leave the crates as bonus incentive for playing the game and add some things worth keeping to the crates.

Go back to a gear vendor system fro gearing similar to 4.0 crystals. If you must have RnG give a chance for the crystals to drop from crates as added incentive.

That's my suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

I DO NOT care about command rank system, all I care about is CAN YOU BIOWARE PLEASE NERF MERC / MANDO? Because it's just BS that they have higher dps then rest of the classes, they are tougher than tank, nobody can kill, they have 5 CC's. I am fking 240 geared right now and I am no where close to win a solo against 230 geared merc/ mando, I dont care about new OPS because RIGHT NOW TOUGHEST BOSS ARE MERC / MANDOs

this game is BS I can't believe I m still spending money on it.

i am subscriber, i pay and play to gain command level, open crate and desintegrate all i loot, continue to gain CXp and lvl up..and desintegrate all i loot.... -repeat-

:csw_jabba:

THANK YOU BIOWARE !!!

BEST IDEA EVER !

GOD BLESS THE MAN WHO HAD THIS IDEA !

ps : fire this guy, it's a total shame to be so unefficient. :mad:

Edited by Thaladan

This is my final modified suggestion.

The entire command system would remain a subscriber system only.

1) Return top tier armor to all hard content, IE Ops, Hard Mode Flashpoints, PVP, etc., or at least have tokens drop and put a vendor on Odessen for the armor.

2) Remove command level cap, or increase to something like 5000, make it LEGACY WIDE, and offer a .005% increase in secondary stats for every level gained (with a maximum boost of 25% allowed).

3) Substantially increase CXP payout from all sources, and drastically reduce weekly OR daily CXP cap.

4) Have levels decay over time, say a loss of 300 command levels every 30 days of inactivity, or something to that effect.

5) Open up the loot tables for the command system to include ALL ITEMS FROM THE CARTEL MARKET, past and present. So each pack that drops would get a chance for one ultra rare item, one rare item, one standard item and one random low value item, as well as the current armor table (minus the very top tier with set bonus of course).

This means the system would have a chance to drop rare crafting materials (isotopes), cartel certs, rep items, jawa junk, armor sets that come in packs, mounts, dyes, weapons, etc.

By making this change, you essentially create a perfect system for casual players, with a small chance to get entry level hard mode gear, give crafters a source for crafting materials, and an opportunity to get a few rare items from the market without the need to purchase packs, as a reward for their sub.

This would not only ENCOURAGE a sub IMO, it would also likely make most hardcore players happy. A win for the entire playerbase IMO.

I DO NOT care about command rank system, all I care about is CAN YOU BIOWARE PLEASE NERF MERC / MANDO? Because it's just BS that they have higher dps then rest of the classes, they are tougher than tank, nobody can kill, they have 5 CC's. I am fking 240 geared right now and I am no where close to win a solo against 230 geared merc/ mando, I dont care about new OPS because RIGHT NOW TOUGHEST BOSS ARE MERC / MANDOs

learn to play, i am a 240 geared merc and a hm raider, occasional pvper. i get stunlocked and killed often in pvp even with my nice gear. mercs arent op, theyre fixed and viable for once. they never have been.

learn to play, i am a 240 geared merc and a hm raider, occasional pvper. i get stunlocked and killed often in pvp even with my nice gear. mercs arent op, theyre fixed and viable for once. they never have been.

I guess you are the one needs to learn, or quit playing merc like a pu**y

The important part of PvP is pitting skill against skill. Instead this terribad system puts gear over all.

This (should be) easy enough to fix: Set the Bolster so that everybody is bolstered up to the highest ilvl. Sell ilvl 204 armorings with set bonuses for credits. Bam, PvP is back to where it should be before this brain damaged idea got foisted on us.

You just described how it is currently working. 208 currently bolsters as well as 230 and it looks like 240+ is still bolstering UP. There's a few people experimenting with this and an excellent thread in the PvP forums about it.

tl;dr, for at least tier 1 and 2 gear, there is little advantage at all to upgrading gear, except hilts and barrels (and armorings for tanks). Everything else, 208 bolsters nicely up through at least 240 and maybe higher, in some cases *better* than the higher level gear.

Edited by stoopicus

I've seen mercs and mandos die to pretty much every class barring sorc/sages. Hell, I've killed them myself on my jug.

If you can't kill one then the issue is with you and you not knowing how to negate their defenses.

I've seen mercs and mandos die to pretty much every class barring sorc/sages. Hell, I've killed them myself on my jug.

If you can't kill one then the issue is with you and you not knowing how to negate their defenses.

I've killed a merc with my Sorc. A lightning Sorc, no less. And I am a bad with my Sorc.

Lots of very, very bad Mercs in the WZs right now. And other players that try and beat their way through TR, which is the big time derp of the current meta.

Edited by stoopicus

As a returning player who just completed the new chapters the Command system seems daunting to say the least at this juncture in the game. The rewards for doing most of the grind are too meager and things like PVP already feel locked out due to lack of obtainable gear to participate. Looking at the charts for decent points the only thing I can possibly do is GSF as my ships would be on an equal playing field with others. Unfortunately, I'm on a server where there are very few queue pops. Operations would be a no go as my gear is 4.0 and would be a hindrance to the folks who have better. In a nutshell I'm locked out because I'm not as far along as those who started the grind day 1.

As a returning player who just completed the new chapters the Command system seems daunting to say the least at this juncture in the game. The rewards for doing most of the grind are too meager and things like PVP already feel locked out due to lack of obtainable gear to participate. Looking at the charts for decent points the only thing I can possibly do is GSF as my ships would be on an equal playing field with others. Unfortunately, I'm on a server where there are very few queue pops. Operations would be a no go as my gear is 4.0 and would be a hindrance to the folks who have better. In a nutshell I'm locked out because I'm not as far along as those who started the grind day 1.

If you have 4.0 set pieces, SM ops are ok. You'll do fine.

The 5.0 gearing is a disaster. Many have left and many more are waiting for subs to run out, like I am. I do wihs you luck and hope it works for you.

My command rank is 271 and I have been getting nothing for past week (about 50 crates). I realized that this is so pathetic, I wasted my whole week farming and get nothing, all my effort, my time spent, are worth absolutely nothing, cuz it is no fun, no practice, and no gear even though I farmed so much. I wasted my life while playing this game

This is the problem with this game, gearing is purely chance, if you got the gear you want, it might be worth your effort, but if you unlucky and didnt get anything it's absolutely worthless and just total disappointment

my english is bad but you get my point?

I have to quit and stop wasting my life on this game because it is worthless to play

Edited by royren

Ahh, RNG. Exciting!

You made it a lot farther than I did. I started having EQ1 post-traumatic flashbacks somewhere around rank 50 and now I completely DGAS about command crates. I look forward to the PvP weekly crates much more.

1999 wants its loot system back. I'll see how things look in 5.1 but at this point, no.

Last meaningful piece in a pack came out 30 levels ago, my heart is losing the will for this **** and I hate PVP but because it gives a better cxp rate than any PVE content atm and as you said the weekly gives a better reward it is soul destroying.

Hope the devs are proud of their awesome cluster**** they dropped because really I am starting to wish another Star Wars MMO would come out to just slap this lot into realizing they are making the game bad

You just described how it is currently working. 208 currently bolsters as well as 230 and it looks like 240+ is still bolstering UP. There's a few people experimenting with this and an excellent thread in the PvP forums about it.

That's awesome news and I've been meaning to check that threat out.

Awwwwwwh... somebody can't get a free kill anymore. Pity. You might want to check your facts. IO spec'd mercs are #4 (but who the heck plays IO anyway), Arsenal is down at #9 which is pretty much dead center.

well raiders are better off, PvP maybe but after that no

Really? So far all I see is more RNG in RNG on top of RNG for ops. It's a smoke screen to try to keep everyone from quitting and still force GC on us. Unless they really fix something, I'm out. From the server populations now compared to last year, I'd say i have a lot of company, too.