5yr Veteran Anniversary Gift...a joke?

CaptRogue

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A patronizing thanks defeats the purpose of a thanks ya know :confused: Tho I suppose the rules are different in opposite land. :cool:

You would be the one to know, since you live there. :rak_03:

Let me remind you how Opposite Land logic works:

When one is presented an entertaining short cut and yet they choose to toil away mindlessly completing their task the long & mundane way, one has no right to whine nor the right to sympathy for doing so. Spend a few hours doing 5 20 min chapters or spend near half the day spamming storm & resetting instances? Decisions, decisions...
Edited by AscendingSky

So, just because I wasn't sub for few months during those 5 years I won't be getting the statue. Even though I was in early access.

Yep I missed 1 day of subscription when I was switching banks a few months ago and didn't get the HK Helmet or the HK bonus chapter. Because of that mistake, because of a single day, actually because of about 6 hours, I will not be getting this statue...

Who cares, I barely play this game anymore, am rarely in my stronghold when I do and decorations are pretty much just meaningless fluff anyway.

I'm cool with it.

If it's so dumb looking, the restrictions aren't worth complaining about.

....Do you ever have anything constructive to even add to the topics or do you just look to make any sort of statement opposite of the general sentiment of said threads??

Complaining about what? A decoration they don't even desire? Or rather secretly desire but would rather not say in some misguided attempt to depreciate the value because they think it'll be deemed as worthless junk anyone can claim? Carry on I say. If nothing else, at least their tendons will be getting some exercise.

You sure assume a lot Aeris. Although it's not nothing new from you. lol

I normally try to get the anniversary decos, so was just glancing when I read the small print. It is a very dumb looking deco to be such a "status" thing for the requirements. Hence my OP. Like Andryah & others have actually stated, it would make more sense to have been a mount, or something displayable instead of a decoration that most won't ever see, or even use.

don't mind them - "constructive" commentary is pretty much their specialty.

IS that what you CALL it?! :eek: rofl

....Do you ever have anything constructive to even add to the topics or do you just look to make any sort of statement opposite of the general sentiment of said threads??

You sure assume a lot Aeris. Although it's not nothing new from you. lol

IS that what you CALL it?! :eek: rofl

I seem to vaguely recall Aeris once saying she was studying psychology or something along those lines. Perhaps we're all just test subjects for a thesis of sorts. :rolleyes:

founders who stayed subscribed continuously. which means unless they use rewards as their tracking method? if you let your subscription lapse even for a few days across these 5 years? no statue for jooo.

We finally get to find out how many people who brag about being a sub since beta really have been. :)

That statue is not for everyone!

Exactly it is a gift to those of us that have remained for 5 years and kept a subscription, since they never seem to give us anything else that sets us apart from everyone else.

CE edition got the VIP area only to the wristband sold by a vendor for 1m credits. The vendors up there have dont seem to get updated at all either.

Personally, I have no problem with them giving a reward to 5 year subs. I started in the beta weekends, was subbed at launch, but let my sub lapse for a few months here and there. Because of this, I don't qualify. However, I also don't begrudge anyone who does qualify getting the reward when I don't. :-)

Personally, I have no problem with them giving a reward to 5 year subs. I started in the beta weekends, was subbed at launch, but let my sub lapse for a few months here and there. Because of this, I don't qualify. However, I also don't begrudge anyone who does qualify getting the reward when I don't. :-)

I don't think anyone begrudges those who qualify. It just could be less strict to qualify and make many more founders feel appreciated.

It is pretty meh looking though.

Edited by Radzkie

I'll say it so someone doesn;t have to.

They get a fancy title and bragging rights when they post to the forums.

That's right we have titles and get to be douchebags level 4 on the forums, not sure how it means we wont feel appreciated if we get more.

Edited by Radzkie

Cool something for people who did the hard yards ... I didn't .... but GRATZ to who did :rak_03:

Hard yards lol. I can't help but laugh at people who sub for this long and act like it was a chore.

It's meant to be a game ffs.

Nice that continuous subs are getting something for showing their support to the game but a shame it's not something you can actually parade around in game.

That's right we have titles and get to be douchebags level 4 on the forums, not sure how it means we wont feel appreciated if we get more.

Because the 20-30+ mails we get in game, each new character we make, don't make us feel like we got "enough" free stuff and that one missing reward will make us feel totally unloved and appreciated. :p