Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

5yr Veteran Anniversary Gift...a joke?

CaptRogue

Fine print:

**To qualify for the “Galactic Alliance Statue” 5-Year Distinguished Veteran Reward, players must have become a SWTOR Subscriber within 90 days of the game’s official launch on December 20, 2011 and remained a continuous Subscriber as of Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 11:59PM PST / Monday, December 12, 2016 at 7:59AM GMT. Qualifying Subscribers include players who have purchased a product subscription or redeemed a pre-paid game time code.

lol That's some stiff restrictions for a dumb looking decoration.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice!! I haven't seen the statue but I'm glad they're recognizing founders on the anniversary of the game. I can't believe it's been five years already. I can still remember rolling my first toon and first starter planet. Here's to five more years!

founders who stayed subscribed continuously. which means unless they use rewards as their tracking method? if you let your subscription lapse even for a few days across these 5 years? no statue for jooo.

Read it again.

players must have become a SWTOR Subscriber within 90 days of the game’s official launch on December 20, 2011 and remained a continuous Subscriber as of Sunday, December 11, 2016

tell me what is it that I'm misunderstanding about continuous subscriber here? if you let your subscription lapse, say a year ago for a week or two. that makes you NON continous subscriber. and given that apparently they HAVe figured out how to track it during KOTFE, what with the whole "you get until next day to resubscribe (not even 24 hours, if your subscription lapses at say 6pm, you still needed to renew it by midnight), or you get no acess to HK chapter)

this statue may end up being rarer than those original Correalis mounts that are no longer in game

So, just because I wasn't sub for few months during those 5 years I won't be getting the statue. Even though I was in early access.

yep. pretty much.

I'm now curious to find out just how many people will be eligible for this statue.

you know, since its currently popular to excuse Bioware's choices, because they did something similar in WoW... at least Blizzard gave their veterans actual physical statues :p

(incidentally - unless they track rewards and not actual subscription.. this will be the first subscription reward that I won't qualify for. oh well. just another reason to not bother so much..)

Edited by Jeweledleah

So, just because I wasn't sub for few months during those 5 years I won't be getting the statue. Even though I was in early access.

Thats how Bioware sees paying customers. There is no denial anymore...

Edited by Divona

Oooh, I expect EAWare is going to get a lot of static about this.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice for them to give out a little token to their loyal subscribers. That said, I know people who have been in TOR since the beta who have had problems with their credit/debit card at one point and slipped into Preferred for a day or two, totally outside their control. Or who lost their jobs and unsubscribed for a while to save money. Or who just took a break from the game and didn't pay for it during the break. I'm sad those people won't get the statue, even though they were there at the very beginning.

Oooh, I expect EAWare is going to get a lot of static about this.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice for them to give out a little token to their loyal subscribers. That said, I know people who have been in TOR since the beta who have had problems with their credit/debit card at one point and slipped into Preferred for a day or two, totally outside their control. Or who lost their jobs and unsubscribed for a while to save money. Or who just took a break from the game and didn't pay for it during the break. I'm sad those people won't get the statue, even though they were there at the very beginning.

As long as anything has criteria attached, there will always be those with issue with it.

Example: Must have subbed for 20 out of 24 months to be eligible

Post: "Thats BS I'm 19 months out fo 24. It's jsut one month, you suck, not fair, etc"

Edited by Jamtas

Same here, my subscription only lapsed 3 or 4 months during those 5 years. The game is about to die over Galactic Command anyway, and now they're adding this as a slap in the face to the founders.

Same here, my subscription only lapsed 3 or 4 months during those 5 years. The game is about to die over Galactic Command anyway, and now they're adding this as a slap in the face to the founders.

Slap in the face?

I disagree. I'm a founder. I think it's good they're doing this.

I wish the reward was better. A deco item, even if it is cool (no idea if this one is or not) is still a deco item.

I'd rather have some sort of mount that has much higher visibility.

I think my lapse was a total of about a month and a half? maybe 2 and a half. one being about a week maybe at a tail end of SoR, and most recent being during LvD drought, oh. I bet you, I bet you that's their subtle dig at people who took a break during this non event .

Should have just been for anyone still playing since Launch... probably not that many people. And free to play brought in a huge crowd that wouldn't have been around at launch since everyone left by then.

Oh well, it's just a statue which is kind of junk. Nobody is ever going to see it

I unsub for a month over the summer but don't see it as a slap in the face even though I was here at launch.

As long as anything has criteria attached, there will always be those with issue with it.

Example: Must have subbed for 20 out of 24 months to be eligible

Post: "Thats BS I'm 19 months out fo 24. It's jsut one month, you suck, not fair, etc"

Oh, I know. But those are some pretty heavy restrictions, and I'm sad more people won't be able to get it. I mean, it's just a decoration; even though I'm one of those people who do qualify for the statue, I'm sad various people I know who were in the game even before I was won't get it for various reasons.

Oh, I know. But those are some pretty heavy restrictions, and I'm sad more people won't be able to get it. I mean, it's just a decoration; even though I'm one of those people who do qualify for the statue, I'm sad various people I know who were in the game even before I was won't get it for various reasons.

yep. I mean its pretty arbitrary if you think about it. someone who, say.. subscribed 8 weeks in and stayed subscribed - qualifies. while someone who was in early acess and let their subscription lapse for one week, so mathematically they were subscribed longer - do not qualify.

but.. like you said. its just decoration. so. meh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.