What happens if I get reported?

ricetomeetya

I followed forum guidelines posted by Customer Support: "Before making a new thread, search and see if there is already an existing thread" and I got reported for necroing as I used an existing thread without creating new one about same subject. Nothing bad happened to my account except that annoying infraction they marked me with for following their rules.

Far out! I didn't realize you'd get a warning for it.

nothing really. i have been "reported" many times and nothing has happened.

a few months ago i beat these two guys in a duel and they decided to kick me from the stronghold say i cheated then have nar shadaa general chat turn against them and then proceed to spam the chat with "YOUR'E ALL REPORTED SCREENSHOTED AND RECORDED"

that's kinda hilarious actually

You have to use common sense when doing that.

If it's been more than a couple of months since the discussion ended in that thread, you're necroing it and you should probably just start a new one since many issues in the old thread may have long since been dealt with and popping them back to the top of the stack just causes unnecessary confusion.

Maybe so, but I did not know what "necroing" means, that word does not exist on my native language, and rules specifically tell you to use existing thread and not make new one, it does not say anything about how old can they be before using it. I think that common sense lacks on their side, they should not warn or punish players for following the guidelines set by them. Necroing is in direct opposition of what their rules tell us to do. You can't tell people to use existing thread then warn then and punish them for doing so, with a "Rule reminder" infraction. Where is common sense in that?

Maybe so, but I did not know what "necroing" means, that word does not exist on my native language, and rules specifically tell you to use existing thread and not make new one, it does not say anything about how old can they be before using it. I think that common sense lacks on their side, they should not warn or punish players for following the guidelines set by them. Necroing is in direct opposition of what their rules tell us to do. You can't tell people to use existing thread then warn then and punish them for doing so, with a "Rule reminder" infraction. Where is common sense in that?

I suspect it was someone being a jerk and reported you. I doubt bw did it. If you only received the rules then it's probably automated.

Edited by americanaussie

• 3 years later...

I'd be curious to know how many times I've gotten reported. I've had an active sub since launch (I think the longest I had it turned off was like 6-months if even that) and I've... uh... taken part in a few Fleet conversations I probably shouldn't have.

I do curse and call people names but never anything that's bigotted or racist, so I got that going for me at least.

Yeah... I should probably stop.

What happens if a friend of still all this guilds money a guild harassed wemon. What will happen to him if takes all 20mil away from them and leave the guild ?

It depends on what you mean.

Did the Guild harass women, or the guy in the guild. Do you have proof, screen shots, etc.

As for the money, if he had permission to take the money, there's not really a lot they can do, the money was there, he had the rank to take it. /shrug.

OP: What happens if I get reported?

Response: you get sent to Disney prison, where you are tortured with "It's a small world", with vocals by the Mouse and Duck families, on infinite repeat.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo, send me to hell, but not that!!!!!

What happens if a friend of still all this guilds money a guild harassed wemon. What will happen to him if takes all 20mil away from them and leave the guild ?

From what we do in our guild:

(1) Harassment-Doesn't matter the sex- First offense-Officers or guild leaders (we have two) will warn you not to do it again.

Second offense-Kicked from the guild and put on the guild's ignore list.

(2) Removing money

Not really possible in our guild. We do not give permission to our guild bank lightly. As of right now, only long time members (meaning those that have been with us for a while (1 year or more) have access to the guild bank so taking 20 million out of our guild bank not very likely.

Note: Yes a year is a long time but considering how people have been discussing people taking money we figured it is best to have that stated up front. While we could change our policy it is not likely as of right now.

Are you sure? I understand that in Hell, Greedo shoots first... forever.

Isn't that still better than what disney will do.....

As of right now, only long time members (meaning those that have been with us for a while (1 year or more) have access to the guild bank so taking 20 million out of our guild bank not very likely.

Was in a guild, where the gm and his friends had a falling out, even though they were long term players. 20 million was a small amount to what actually happened, sadly one of the 'council' screwed the pooch, took everything, and eventually the guild imploded :( Length of time in the guild, doesn't always mean they won't do it :/

Edited by DarkTergon