Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ben - "RNG is exciting"

ScottishDrunk

You actually said this on the stream

80-90% (I'm feeling generous) of the time people open a box they get junk that they scrap

That's not exciting, it's dissappointing.

You are making your players dissappointed 80-905 of the time.

You utterly missed the point of what chat was saying about RNG, and cherry picked question about changes to it, ignoring the calls for removal

Are you so fond of your baby that you can see no evil in it?

Is pride blinding your judgement?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These *****s are totally out of touch. They have no clue how angry we, their paying customers, really are.

They don't get that we simply don't want RNG gearing for endgame players. What we want is straight forward. Get rid of RNG gearing. Period.

Those two *****s need to be fired and replaced by someone with a clue.

Edited by DanNV

These idiots are totally out of touch. They have no clue how angry we, their paying customers, really are.

They don't get that we simply don't want RNG gearing for endgame players. What we want is straight forward. Get rid of RNG gearing. Period.

Those two idiots need to be fired and replaced by someone with a clue.

You need to calm down, realise its a game, an entertainment and stop calling for people to lose their livelihoods. Look at yourself for a moment.

These idiots are totally out of touch. They have no clue how angry we, their paying customers, really are.

Just a thought. Ever consider that they do not care because EA has handed down a shutter date and they were told to milk as much from those left as possible? It certainly seems to bear the hallmarks of an EA tactic.

80-90% (I'm feeling generous) of the time people open a box they get junk that they scrap

You utterly missed the point of what chat was saying about RNG, and cherry picked question about changes to it, ignoring the calls for removal

Live was supposed to be about addressing community concerns

Addressed community issue on RNG

Didn't give the community what they want, didn't understand why we want it, gave us the answer they want us to like

sound familiar ??

Expansions = don't give the community what they want, don't understand why we want them, give us what they want us to like.

They are playing from the same playbook and script. Someone needs to put that play book through the shredder or drill it into their head it doesn't work. I hear water boarding or force lightning is used by the Empire to get a point across

Yep ... there's two things. You pointed out #1. #2 is the anti-alt / anti-legacy nature of GC.

I want to play my alts NOW ... not months from now when they come up with a legacy "perk". Make the stupid CXP legacy-wide and at least one problem is solved.

You need to calm down, realise its a game, an entertainment and stop calling for people to lose their livelihoods. Look at yourself for a moment.

It's a business and they can't get it right. A business terminates idiots who directly hurt the bottom line. Michael has lied to me directly at a Cantina. Ben is obviously clueless. So, yes, I believe they should be looking for work outside the game industry. I have no tollerance for utter incompetence.

Yep ... there's two things. You pointed out #1. #2 is the anti-alt / anti-legacy nature of GC.

I want to play my alts NOW ... not months from now when they come up with a legacy "perk". Make the stupid CXP legacy-wide and at least one problem is solved.

They can't make it legacy wide. But they can give perks and we may see that soon.

I do get excited with new rng boxes lol

It's a business and they can't get it right. A business terminates idiots who directly hurt the bottom line. Michael has lied to me directly at a Cantina. Ben is obviously clueless. So, yes, I believe they should be looking for work outside the game industry. I have no tollerance for utter incompetence.

Yep, just a game, man, it's just a game.

They can't make it legacy wide. But they can give perks and we may see that soon.

I do get excited with new rng boxes lol

They can do whatever want ... they could make it legacy-wide in a figurative blink of the eye.

Edited by Sportiva

I am now 100% ok with this thought process.

Run a business like bw has in this case and you would be forced to look for other work.

Its very clear bw has little to no clue what to do at this point in an mmo. They should have stuck with with some single player stuff because there getting worse and worse at this game.

They clearly don't understand the MMO market...thankfully, I'm confident this games replacement is nearing completion.

The problem here is that devs do not let us play the way WE want to, but force us to play the way THEY want us to play. CXP nerf because "God forbid that someone wants to grind gold mobs all days long" (when most of us dont). 20 cxp per heroic because "**** those solo players, they should start doing flashpoints and ****". Quite good CXP for pvp because "heck pvp is dying we should do something". They have no ideas for this game anymore, they dont want to reward players, they just want grind and money. Well with that attitude you will get no money.

I agree. In any business run in a rational way around the world, if you are so bad at your job that you drive droves of customers away by your actions, you end up demoted or fired. Businesses do not like losing paying customers. Businesses like to make profits. No paying customers, no profits.

Ben deserves to lose his job over this. I'm not saying he's a terrible person, I don't hate him and I don't wish him any personal harm, but he is terrible at his job and should face the consequences of driving paying customers away from EAWare en masse.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.