Stop hating on the devs!

Lordgrimley

The white knights need to realize there's a difference between hating a person and hating a product. A lot of people hate a lot of aspects of a product (TOR), and are expressing themselves appropriately. Many are threatening to quit using the product However, no one is threatening the devs; the worst I've seen people say about them is that they are incompetent at their jobs, and that is directly related to the fact they're putting out a crap product.

If anyone was actually threatening the devs, or directing personal hatred or harassment at them, then I'd be the first to condemn it. But all anyone is doing right now is criticizing what they see as a shoddy product. If a game developer can't handle negative feedback about their game on a forum, they should find another line of work.

Negative is fine when it's CONSTRUCTIVE.

The negativity about command crates boils down to judgment based on one week of playing and the mandatory usage of "I am unsubbing" or "White Knight" every time someone disagrees with it.

How's it that helping the dev team?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The negativity about command crates boils down to judgment based on one week of playing and the mandatory usage of "I am unsubbing" or "White Knight" every time someone disagrees with it.

Just how good do you think rng is going to get with 2 weeks of playing or a month? Or when people see Musco opening a few crates at level 90 and still getting poor loot?

People were being constructive at a point but got ignored, they had concerns and they got brushed off with, "if its really bad we'll do something about it"

How about doing proper testing before you introduce something new and that changes a lot of vital aspects of the game?

I remember when people were concerned how the boxes were going to give a random set bonus pieces at first, before all the clutter got added...

Just how good do you think rng is going to get with 2 weeks of playing or a month? Or when people see Musco opening a few crates at level 90 and still getting poor loot?

People were being constructive at a point but got ignored, they had concerns and they got brushed off with, "if its really bad we'll do something about it"

How about doing proper testing before you introduce something new and that changes a lot of vital aspects of the game?

I remember when people were concerned how the boxes were going to give a random set bonus pieces at first, before all the clutter got added...

Do you know? Do all the hatemongers know?

That's what I have been saying. People are complaining about something that didn't even happen yet. In a month if people still have crappy gear (provided they do now, because my drops were pretty decent, so maybe I was lucky) then we can all complain all we want.

But 1 week in? come on?

I'd rather complain about how Arcann isn't romanceable! :p

Edited by Yyrmega

I may have missed something here and there in that case. I've seen anger, I've seen people say the devs need to get their act together (though less politely) but I don't think I've spotted pure hatred or if I did, simply didn't perceive it as such.

I've personally been rather annoyed with Charles' responses where Companions are concerned but I do not actually hate the man; I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy out in the real world.

I just cannot fathom any normal and decent human being actually being hateful over this, towards other human beings. Aggravation, upset, frustration, that much I can understand but actual hatred? Guess I'm naive.

I encourage you to pay a bit closer attention to the rhetoric right now then. :)

Not to belabor the point, or single anyone out... here is one example from today, and this is by no means an isolated example of some of the stuff that is going around in the forum right now:

see you have got it all wrong i dont hate the devs because of the rng system of gear i hate the devs becuase their fckn stupid *** fixes to exploits somone exploits the roll back the entire fckn server cause of a few pple ...

No way, under any circumstances, this is justified.

Edited by Andryah

I encourage you to pay a bit closer attention to the rhetoric right now then. :)

Not to belabor the point, or single anyone out... here is one example from today, and this is by no means an isolated example of some of the stuff that is going around in the forum right now:

That was very brave and obviously true.

You do realize you are going to be crucified for that, right? :D

People were telling the developers the RNG gearing system was a bad idea MONTHS AGO. People in the closed beta were quite verbose in their commentary on the subject. It's not like any of these critiques are new. Our frustration is in the fact that the EAWare devs didn't listen to all of the constructive criticism over all those months and all that playtesting and pushed forward with a terrible system ANYWAYS. And now EAWare is SELLING us a boost to slightly ease a problem THEY CREATED. That adds insult to injury.

Edited by AscendingSky

Do you know? Do all the hatemongers know?

That's what I have been saying. People are complaining about something that didn't even happen yet. In a month if people still have crappy gear (provided they do now, because my drops were pretty decent, so maybe I was lucky) then we can all complain all we want.

But 1 week in? come on?

I'd rather complain about how Arcann isn't romanceable! :p

Don't distract me with Arcann, this isn't the time and place.....

But yes, he should be a romanceable companion:rak_03:

People were telling the developers the RNG gearing system was a bad idea MONTHS AGO. People in the closed beta were quite verbose in their commentary on the subject. It's not like any of these critiques are new. Our frustration is in the fact that the EAWare devs didn't listen to all of the constructive criticism over all those months and all that playtesting and pushed forward with a terrible system ANYWAYS. And now EAWare is SELLING us a boost to slightly ease a problem THEY CREATED. That adds insult to injury.

I unfortunately don't know what happened during closed beta but a critical factor is the length of it.

I would love to see if someone did some statistics on rng gearing during at least a couple of weeks.

And that's all I am saying, I would like more time with the system before calling it a failure.

I do understand the frustration with the grind of the cxp. It is a bit too slow for my taste but I don't pay attention to it and play what I want to play. The crates and gearing are secondary to me. For people who see gear as their number one priority, then yes, it's probably too slow but you can't blame the devs because a part of the community plays with their eyes attached to the cxp bar.

So maybe you are right and someone during closed beta had a statistics based critic of the system but there's no way for me to know it. I can only base my judgment on ONE week

That was very brave and obviously true.

You do realize you are going to be crucified for that, right? :D

The only one nailing you and other white knights on crosses are yourselves. People disagreeing with you and thinking you're wrong is not the same as being abused and persecuted. Get some perspective. :)

I unfortunately don't know what happened during closed beta but a critical factor is the length of it.

I would love to see if someone did some statistics on rng gearing during at least a couple of weeks.

And that's all I am saying, I would like more time with the system before calling it a failure.

I do understand the frustration with the grind of the cxp. It is a bit too slow for my taste but I don't pay attention to it and play what I want to play. The crates and gearing are secondary to me. For people who see gear as their number one priority, then yes, it's probably too slow but you can't blame the devs because a part of the community plays with their eyes attached to the cxp bar.

So maybe you are right and someone during closed beta had a statistics based critic of the system but there's no way for me to know it. I can only base my judgment on ONE week

So let me get this straight... the developers deliberately gated ALL END GAME GEARING--PvE and PvP both--behind a single Command experience bar, and yet somehow we're not supposed to blame them when everyone with max level toons (most of the players, I'm betting) focuses on increasing that Command experience bar to play the Loot Lottery? Seriously?

The devs created this problem. They are the ones to be blamed for it, not the players.

Edited by AscendingSky

We can, and will. They ****ed up. We know it, they know it.

Oh give it a rest dude, you have been crying about SWTOR for FIVE YEARS!!! What is it like to live a life so miserable you spend FIVE YEARS crying about a video game??

Fair enough, never did see that comment among all the other gal out there but on the same note.. person sounds just pissed off and frustrated throwing a bit of a tantrum. No the words are not acceptable but at the same time I cannot take them seriously either and I doubt Eric would curl up and cry over seeing that. In my eyes there's also a difference between saying that you hate someone and truly actually hating them.

Give them a break and give them time to fix it without your constand threats! ALSO! give them time to actually do their live stream tomorrow and in January before you start shouting insults once again.

I don't know how to put this calmly.

THEY STILL HAVEN'T FIXED STUFF FROM LAUNCH!!! WHY IN GOD'S NAME ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GIVE THEM EVEN MORE TIME!

Actually, I was going to wait until January , but YOUR post made me hit the unsubscribe button, good job.