Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

RNG is perfect for SWTOR and I'll explain why.

Aowin

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you cry about other people's post being "moot" but all you do is run around posting pointless things about posters who don't agree with your crusade...there is a word and a meme for that I'm sure you can find.

I find that your posts tend to ring hostile toward most forum members on a constant basis Furh....is this intended, or do you just find that the forum community generally deserves this level of derision?

I find that your posts tend to ring hostile toward most forum members on a constant basis Furh....is this intended, or do you just find that the forum community generally deserves this level of derision?

Not most just the couple of dozen that have been spamming every thread with die RNG.

Not most just the couple of dozen that have been spamming every thread with die RNG.

Ok, well, I can see that you are a passionate supporter of the current command system, and I commend your firm stand on the issue.

I suppose that I would only ask that you attempt to remain within forum rules when posting...naturally you do not require my approval nor need it, but it is in your best interest to operate within the forum guidelines. You can still passionately defend the command system as it stands without personal insults.

Naturally it is entirely up to you how you proceed. I think it IS important to have folks that support the system as it stands speak up and be counted.

Ok, well, I can see that you are a passionate supporter of the current command system, and I commend your firm stand on the issue.

I suppose that I would only ask that you attempt to remain within forum rules when posting...naturally you do not require my approval nor need it, but it is in your best interest to operate within the forum guidelines. You can still passionately defend the command system as it stands without personal insults.

Naturally it is entirely up to you how you proceed. I think it IS important to have folks that support the system as it stands speak up and be counted.

Artemis, i sense a potential for a bright diplomatic future for you. you are VERY good with words :D:D

oh come on, that's so an elephant and a fat one at that lol:D:eek::eek:

They won a "golden globe" for over-nerf on that item, and forever cemented their reputation of not understanding the terms "misleading communications, "proper balance", and "proper analysis". Which frankly was pretty much the whole early theme with 3.0 from the day they launched it.

Which bears consideration in these discussions ---> be careful what you ask, demand, or wish for. You might hate the results worse then the original release.

Personally, I think they just got tired of all the drama around an otherwise good idea wrongly tuned... and over-nerfed it to effectively shoot it and let it die. We have never seen another slot machine that gives out reputation for the galactic market faction vendors.. ever again.

They won a "golden globe" for over-nerf on that item, and forever cemented their reputation of not understanding the terms "misleading communications, "proper balance", and "proper analysis". Which frankly was pretty much the whole early theme with 3.0 from the day they launched it.

Which bears consideration in these discussions ---> be careful what you ask, demand, or wish for. You might hate the results worse then the original release.

Personally, I think they just got tired of all the drama around an otherwise good idea wrongly tuned... and over-nerfed it to effectively shoot it and let it die. We have never seen another slot machine that gives out reputation for the galactic market faction vendors.. ever again.

i'm pretty sure u can get some in the GC crates actually. unless i read the one i got wrong >.>:D:D

Oh how I hate to do this but he does have a point there, but ONLY there. Sure lowering or raising some numbers they can do quickly but as far as any significant changes to the system itself so that you can target specific gear pieces as they mentioned in the livestream for example, that will likely take months.

Of course how many months is probably subject to heavy RNG as well...

In actuality the OP is still wrong given his statement that I quoted and reality.

"BioWare isn't the kind of studio that makes sweeping and rapid changes without first considering all of their options."

We know thats simply not true. As I said about the CXP change and the slot machine. We also know bw does not look at other options when those rapid changes are being made and they make knee jerk reactions without plan.

bw is in such bad shape when it comes to this game and player retention it amazing we got what little we actually did.

RNG is not and will never be good for this game. Combine the deplorable RNG gearing, with the massive grind of really old content and throw in no reason to do alts in a game that has been encouraging alts for years and the whole game just starts falling apart.

Lol, still salty after almost 2 years? :)

In actuality the OP is still wrong given his statement that I quoted and reality.

"BioWare isn't the kind of studio that makes sweeping and rapid changes without first considering all of their options."

We know thats simply not true. As I said about the CXP change and the slot machine. We also know bw does not look at other options when those rapid changes are being made and they make knee jerk reactions without plan.

bw is in such bad shape when it comes to this game and player retention it amazing we got what little we actually did.

RNG is not and will never be good for this game. Combine the deplorable RNG gearing, with the massive grind of really old content and throw in no reason to do alts in a game that has been encouraging alts for years and the whole game just starts falling apart.

Oh thank you, now I can fully disagree with him again :D

Nope.. I moved on long ago. If I had not, I would not have come back to the game. Just acknowledging the horribad reality that was 3.0 and the immediate months afterwards. Do enough bone headed things at a fast enough pace and even I will take a break from the game. :cool:

Thanks for asking though.... :)

Edited by Andryah

I know I am.

1/16 "It's working just as intended. Go ahead buy one off GTN, buy packs to get one"

1/16-1/20 players start buying packs or buying these off GTN.

1/21...and then nerfed into oblivion. And the sweet sounds of silence on the issue from BW ever since.

Edited by Jamtas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.