KotET - Sith Empire (end game spoilers)

Darth_Tempus

So having just got round to finishing off the currently available story content something is bothering me and I'm hoping there's something I missed. Essentially it boils down to what was the point of including the Sith Empire in the story as a potential ally?

For my part I chose to accept their offer as an ally as it made sense to me to do so. Now up to that point I felt pretty railroaded, for example it wasn't as though I was offered an alliance with the republic as well and had to make a choice. They turn up during Voss and you get introduced to the Empress, there's an entire chapter dedicated to the Sith empire and the empress at the end of which you accept them as an ally (or not). Then there's no further interaction with them or mention of the Sith empire until you get to the stage whereby everyone is getting attacked at which point you have to go after the throne.

So from my perspective it made the whole Sith empire interaction feel very unsatisfying without any actual pay off. What was the point of my alliance with them? Was there something I missed?

Agree, but what bothers me more is that we become the leader of an "Eternal Alliance" (very unfitting name for Dark Side choice btw), and at the end of the story, unless I misunderstood, it is said that the Empire and Republic are planning to attack us?

Throughout the KOTET story, we are treated as if we don't belong to the Sith Empire, which is weird and irritating for a Sith character at least. I thought that making an alliance with the Empire would solve that, and was assuming Rep characters get to ally with the Republic?

This game is built around Sith Empire vs Republic, so it doesn't make sense to make us at war with, or even distanced from, our own faction, unless the whole game were restructured -- which I hope won't happen. I want my Sith Empire back :(.

The ending made me nearly hate the xpac. I always hoped that at the conclusion i would be able to destroy the Eternal Empire and put the Sith in charge. The fact that I seem to have been kicked out of the Sith, and become this leader of Eternal Alliance that I don't care about or want, and might have to fight the Sith is just dumb....

There is another GLARING missing plot point in KOTET - THE SCIONS! Heskal said the remaining scions would seek the outlander out when the time was right. Well in KOTFE we defeat Arcann (what they wanted) without them, KOTET we see nothing of them and we defeat Vaylin and Valkorian. So where did they go?

A guess...

KOTET originally had more chapters with companion recruitment and more plot points filled, but with the reaction to the "filler" chapters in KOTFE, the story was trimmed and therefore certain plot points like the scions and why the Sith Empire can become an ally went incomplete.

There is another GLARING missing plot point in KOTET - THE SCIONS! Heskal said the remaining scions would seek the outlander out when the time was right. Well in KOTFE we defeat Arcann (what they wanted) without them, KOTET we see nothing of them and we defeat Vaylin and Valkorian. So where did they go?

I received a mail from them, afterwards. They said that they would appear before me when I had need of them, in the middle of a maelstrom or something of the sort.

A guess...

KOTET originally had more chapters with companion recruitment and more plot points filled, but with the reaction to the "filler" chapters in KOTFE, the story was trimmed and therefore certain plot points like the scions and why the Sith Empire can become an ally went incomplete.

You receive a mail from them at the end of KOTET, telling you that some **** is going to happen and THEN they'll come and die.

Heskal does tell you that the Eternal Throne will end up destroyed,

yet at the end of KOTET, it hasn't been.

Expect one last story about the Throne.

Essentially it boils down to what was the point of including the Sith Empire in the story as a potential ally?

Personally there isn't much about it in Eternal Throne, other than really a personal choice and probably just giving players the "immersion" of having more flexibility with their alliances. Since the teaser does indicate Pubs and Imps will be significant to the next story, we can only assume (and hope) that this choice will have a little more pay off in the next story. Personally not a huge deal for me. I'm satisfied with the choices we get in this storyline.