Instead of unnerfing Gold NPCs, add Command XP to heroic completion

Vandicus

no. the mobs affect too many things

No they don't. 1 CXP is an insult and you know it. Who cares if people decide to go out and have a South Park style grind fest. That is the system that Bioware created with this bs. They should encourage people to play other content by making it worth their time not by punishing people for trying to get geared to play the same damn content over and over again.

No they don't. 1 CXP is an insult and you know it. Who cares if people decide to go out and have a South Park style grind fest. That is the system that Bioware created with this bs. They should encourage people to play other content by making it worth their time not by punishing people for trying to get geared to play the same damn content over and over again.

If they're doing it in an instance, I don't care.

If they do it out in the open, taking mobs that people need for quests, that's a big deal.

Thread title.

How do we feel about this as an alternative?

I am in favor of them:

1) unnerfing it and putting it back to 10 (maybe a bit higher or lower) depending on what results they see.

2) Keep the global cap... but ALSO put a weekly cap on each major segment of content (elite kills, heroics, etc. etc.) so that you limit grinding to exploit any particular segment. Players hit a cap on one segment but want more xp... need to move to a different segment until the weekly resets kick in. [this change would require more effort, and so it would not happen overnight.] ** Note: individual caps per segment would total up to be greater than the global cap.... simply because you want to give players the latitude to mostly pursue their preferred content segment, just not to radical extremes.

The core issue here.. which will continue, even when they make specific changes in xp payout is that players are going to continue to move from content to content to grind it to cap as it stands now. The net effect being.... a repeat of this kind of nerf... following the players around the content in a reactive manner and pissing everyone off. They need separate caps, by content segment. You hit the cap... move to something else or wait for the weekly reset.

Edited by Andryah

I am in favor of them:

1) unnerfing it and putting it back to 10 (maybe a bit higher or lower) depending on what results they see.

2) Keep the global cap... but ALSO put a weekly cap on each major segment of content (elite kills, heroics, etc. etc.) so that you limit grinding to exploit any particular segment. Players hit a cap on one segment but want more xp... need to move to a different segment until the weekly resets kick in.

The core issue here.. which will continue, even when they make specific changes in xp payout is that players are going to continue to move from content to content to grind it to cap as it stands now. The net effect being.... a repeat of this kind of nerf... following the players around the content in a reactive manner and pissing everyone off. They need separate caps, by content segment. You hit the cap... move to something else or wait for the weekly reset.

So I can grind heroics, afk in warzones, flail ineptly in uprisings- all so I can play the RNG lottery with its atrocious loot table? I bet players will just LOVE people who have no interest in a particular type of content dropping in and dragging everyone else down just to get their 'cxp' for the week.

I did it for easy set gear in 4.0, now with that avenue closed I would have to do it far longer for far less reward. Hello PVPers, enjoy faster queues with worse players!

Edited by CorellianWannabe

So I can grind heroics, afk in warzones, flail ineptly in uprisings- all so I can play the RNG lottery with it atrocious loot table?

Separate issue dude... take it to the appropriate thread and stop hijacking other peoples comments just so you can rant off-topic. I get it.. you hate RNG. This thread is NOT about RNG. You have plenty of threads for that already.

I bet players will just LOVE people who have no interest in a particular type of content dropping in and dragging everyone else down just to get their 'cxp' for the week.

THIS has been a issue in MMOs for a long time now.. as players have no issue doing a half-assed job working content for a reward and not caring about the other players in the encounter. Welcome to MMOs.

Edited by Andryah

Separate issue dude... take it to the appropriate thread and stop hijacking other peoples comments just so you can rant off-topic. I get it.. you hate RNG. This thread is NOT about RNG. You have plenty of threads for that already.

It is about RNG, since the 'command' system is tied to it (since otherwise command levels would be even more meaningless than it is now).

Besides, you're the one advocating the stick of getting players to grind every type of content to reach their caps- I'm just saying why that idea is moronic.

What? No. Let people play what they want to do. I don't agree that there should be a cap, if people want to grind, let them, it isn't hurting you or the studio. The only thing I see them trying to do with this cap is see where the best ways to farm CXP is obtained.

It is about RNG, since the 'command' system is tied to it (since otherwise command levels would be even more meaningless than it is now).

NO.. this thread topic is about the nerf to xp on elites as of this morning (read the thread title and OP), and players discussing how to mitigate it in a more positive manner. And you know it.

You are just crying for attention over your hatred of RNG.. I get that.

Edited by Andryah

NO.. this thread topic is about the nerf to xp on elites as of this morning (read the thread title and OP), and players discussing how to mitigate it in a more positive manner. And you know it.

You are just crying for attention over your hatred of RNG.. I get that.

What is the point of command xp if not to get more RNG crates? Without the crates would it matter if golds gave 0, 1, 10, 1000 command xp to add to a meaningless level?

What? No. Let people play what they want to do. I don't agree that there should be a cap, if people want to grind, let them, it isn't hurting you or the studio. The only thing I see them trying to do with this cap is see where the best ways to farm CXP is obtained.

One player ground the hell out of elites this week and hit the cap in three days.... and reported it to the studio. A cap the studio thought nobody would hit. But this player looked at the xp payouts and quickly devised a method to farm the crap out of elites. This studio is not good at anticipating and designing for the clever nature of players to path to the lowest hanging fruit. They need to get better at this.

The studio responded immediately by nerfing said elites 90%. THAT INDEED DID HURT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS as it has made one clear segment of content now irrelevant to gaining Cxp.

Clearly, the studio does not intend for players to be able to hit Cxp cap by mega-grinding any single type of content. They anticipated players to continue to play a variety of content in 5.0, and again failed to account for the clever nature of players to chase the easiest piece of cheese in the box. So a global cap simply will not work effectively. The studio blew it here, and needs a more robust set of checks and balances then just a global cap.

Peter, you really need to up your analysis skills on what is done, why, and are their better ways.

As for the RNG nature of Command crates, separate issue for a different thread. THAT has to be addressed in a different line of thought completely. Yeah.. yeah.. I know.. you guys don't want RNG.. but this thread is not about RNG.

Edited by Andryah

One player ground the hell out of elites this week and hit the cap in three days.... and reported it to the studio. A cap the studio thought nobody would hit. But this player looked at the xp payouts and quickly devised a method to farm the crap out of elites.

The studio responded immediately by nerfing said elites 90%. THAT INDEED DID HURT EVERYONE WHO PLAYS as it has made one clear segment of content now irrelevant to gaining Cxp.

Clearly, the studio does not intend for players to be able to hit Cxp cap by mega-grinding any single type of content. So a global cap simply will not work effectively. The studio blew it here, and needs a more robust set of checks and balances then just a global cap.

Peter, you really need to up your analysis skills on what is done, why, and are their better ways.

So because EA is upset that ONE player dared to gain 100 levels of their command system and now has a chance to get tier 2 junk instead of the measly tier 1 they hurt everyone, and the answer is to nerf the command xp from golds. I'm not sure how a player choosing to grind chaps EA's butt so much- he might get tier 3 before anyone else and do what exactly to the game? The paucity of content will exist regardless of how long it takes players to gear up with this hamster wheel.

Your idea is to cap EVERY sort of content so that instead of just grinding golds, these players will now afk in warzones and drag down flashpoints/uprisings as well.

So because EA is upset that ONE player dared to gain 100 levels of their command system and now has a chance to get tier 2 junk instead of the measly tier 1 they hurt everyone, and the answer is to nerf the command xp from golds. I'm not sure how a player choosing to grind chaps EA's butt so much- he might get tier 3 before anyone else and do what exactly to the game? The paucity of content will exist regardless of how long it takes players to gear up with this hamster wheel.

Your idea is to cap EVERY sort of content so that instead of just grinding golds, these players will now afk in warzones and drag down flashpoints/uprisings as well.

The OP invited discussion on mitigating this bad nerf. I shared my view on the question. YOU.. did not even consider it.. you just went to your favorite talking points yet again.

Don't like it.. don't read it. But stop trying to derail the discussion over your hatred for RNG.

I'm going to put you on ignore now, because you offer nothing productive in discussion, just the same old gripe for griping sake. I don't need to read it and it's a waste of space in this thread. bye.

Edited by Andryah

The OP invited discussion on mitigating this bad nerf. I shared my view on the question. YOU.. did not even consider it.. you just went to your favorite talking points yet again.

Don't like it.. don't read it. But stop trying to derail the discussion over your hatred for RNG.

I'm going to put you on ignore now, because you offer nothing productive in discussion, just the same old gripe for griping sake. I don't need to read it and it's a waste of space in this thread. bye.

The nerf could be mitigated by scrapping the entire system- but that won't happen either, will it?

Oh, no! How will I go on if the white knight won't listen to me?

The nerf could be mitigated by scrapping the entire system- but that won't happen either, will it?

Oh, no! How will I go on if the white knight won't listen to me?

Oh dear! Nobody wants to be ignored by the All-Seeing, All-Knowing Andryah ;)

But if you're brave and keep trying, I'm sure you'll get over it eventually, and be a better person for it.;);)

I wouldn't mind some command xp added to heroics myself. Its about the only activity besides general PVE that I do from time to time.

So yes I think this nerf to the little cxp I might have gotten from some golds is a bad choice..

I don't really care for this whole rng based loot crates anyway. Would much rather have a token I can take some place and get a piece of gear I want.

Last thing I want is even more random loot bits , I have nearly 10 cargo bays stuffed with duplicate gear set bits from odessan , and I think I have only fully gotten two or 3 sets completed.

i think u misunderstood what i meant