Making command experience/levels legacy wide

SOULCASTER

Pretty sure this has been requested before already. And i see the forums up in arms about this CXP grind...

Just don't understand why this game (especially the DvL event) was aimed at players playing multiple alts, but now it changed to focusing on 1 toon. You still get command crates after max level 300, so I think the system really needs to be changed to a legacy wide command level now, not per character/toon.

I'd be more interested in them sc****** the RNG grind entirely. Nobody asked for this game to become a massive grind fest.

Edit: why is scrap-ing censored?

look at the word more closely. note the letters immediately following the "sc". "Crap" is still not filered... but the word formed by the letters following "sc" is, and for good reason.

The forum filters for profanity within a word. You can thank all the people trying to cutely sneak profanity through the filter system. It will just keep getting tighter over time I'm sure, as people keep trying to fool the filters.

Edited by Andryah

They said they would most likely put in a catch up system for alts in order to get cxp faster for alts. Wow did the same thing with artifacts and grinding artifact power by putting in a catch up system.

No, WoW has a gear system and a separate artifact system.The catchup mechanic was included at launch, SWTOR keeps all of it locked down and has vague promises of doing something in the future.

They said they would most likely put in a catch up system for alts in order to get cxp faster for alts. Wow did the same thing with artifacts and grinding artifact power by putting in a catch up system.

Yes they did, and I believe they will do so. It may be a while.. like well after the holidays, as I am sure it will require more then just changing a lookup table.

Rather then trying to blast through with alts right now, people should just focus on one or two main characters and wait for the catch-up mechanism.

I don't think Legacy wide is the right answer here, but a catch-up mechanism is, and/or some adjustments to GCxp rewards across the content.

I know why they have been a bit stingy about GCxp on initial release. Given past behavior trends in the player base....they were concerned about what clever players can and will do in finding the path of least resistance. We have a perfect example of this in the player that reported yesterday that they reached the weekly cap for GCxp in only three days, by specifically "overworking" one type of content that rewards GCxp ***.

*** If I were the studio, I would have a small group of beta testers in the stable who have a particular affinity for breaking/distorting intended design. I believe they draw beta testers out of the actual player base (if not, they certainly should) .... so all they need to do is to test for those that are really good a breaking stuff. Give them incentives to actually break or exploit stuff and report it during beta ... and I'm sure new systems like GC and GCxp could be refined better before launch.

Edited by Andryah

It is like EAware totally forgot the fact that everyone has 10+ alts now. People do not stick to single characters. There is a legacy system in the game...EVERYTHING should hook into it and make use of it. We have legacy bound gear, legacy wide perks, honestly all credits should be shared, and the command rank should also be shared.

Here is my proposed solution. For every character that reaches command lvl 100/200/300, you get a 5% boost on CXP on your legacy character gaining CXP. Capped at 100% increase max.

This way, if you first character grinds to 300, the next character gets a 15% boost. If you grind 2 character to 300, your next character get a 30% boost. This way you get a legacy boost but not as extreme as making everything legacy wide.

It is like EAware totally forgot the fact that everyone has 10+ alts now. People do not stick to single characters. There is a legacy system in the game...EVERYTHING should hook into it and make use of it. We have legacy bound gear, legacy wide perks, honestly all credits should be shared, and the command rank should also be shared.

All but two of my alts will be in full 228s by next week, and that is all they actually need for the content they play. In reality for some of my alts... it's more then they need.. but since I'm a self sufficient crafter.. why not.

My main and two alts will be as well, but will be playing and progressing (at whatever pace comes) for higher gear from crates. No big hurry except for my main and even for my main.... it's really no hurry.... I'll get there when I get there. I'm here to play the game, not dog it for 12 more points in gear and some set bonus for all my characters.

People need to stop pretending that they need every alt in max level gear. But.. if you insist anyway.... keep in mind... 4.0 made it TOO easy in my view. Groups and guilds could easily, and did, set up farm teams and would farm the heck out of ops for tokens and pass down items to their alts. It was nice while it lasted... but the studio spoiled you with this approach (which honestly is not a common approach in MMOs)... and so change feels like a burden to you.

Pretty sure this has been requested before already. And i see the forums up in arms about this CXP grind...

Just don't understand why this game (especially the DvL event) was aimed at players playing multiple alts, but now it changed to focusing on 1 toon. You still get command crates after max level 300, so I think the system really needs to be changed to a legacy wide command level now, not per character/toon.

So... what exactly does Legacy Wide mean? People are asking for it, but not providing specific suggestions as to methodology for how to go about it. Do you mean pooling GCxp and given all characters in a legacy points in parallel? I think that is too generous a move.

I don't think we need legacy wide. We DO need a catch-up lever of some form for alts though, and the studio has acknowledged this. It won't come until well after the holidays though is my guess.

And to walk my own talk.. by catch-up mechanism for alts... I mean that once you reach level X in GC on one character... all other characters receive crates at an accelerated rate. Perhaps something as simple as alts only need 10-20% of GCxp to rank up in GC. That way.. the alt still has to do the core effort, but only a fraction of the effort for the same level of progression in GC. This simply means they need two GC leveling tables... one for the 1st character in a legacy, and one for all subsequent characters in the legacy AND coding to point the characters to the correct table. That approach should be fairly easy for them to do.... and significantly improves pacing in GC for alts, while not giving alts an "I-win" key.

Edited by Andryah

And to walk my own talk.. by catch-up mechanism for alts... I mean that once you reach level X in GC on one character... all other characters receive crates at an accelerated rate. Perhaps something as simple as alts only need 10-20% of GCxp to rank up in GC. That way.. the alt still has to do the core effort, but only a fraction of the effort for the same level of progression in GC. This simply means they need two GC leveling tables... one for the 1st character in a legacy, and one for all subsequent characters in the legacy AND coding to point the characters to the correct table. That approach should be fairly easy for them to do.... and significantly improves pacing in GC for alts, while not giving alts an "I-win" key.

I think your idea is good too but I don't think the legacy version is bad either. No system is going to give us an "I-win" to alts as the random chance nature of the system prevents it. One players could grind 700 crates and still not get a complete set bonus, while another does 50 and get a complete set.

So... what exactly does Legacy Wide mean? People are asking for it, but not providing specific suggestions as to methodology for how to go about it. Do you mean pooling GCxp and given all characters in a legacy points in parallel? I think that is too generous a move.

Yes this would make all command levels your current 1 toon has, the same for all of your toons (ie: legacy command level now) is what i'm suggesting. The reason this suggestion (legacy command) would be a good is because EVEN if you hit 300 command on your legacy, you would still need to be grinding boxes (essentially ''levels'' still) to get the gear you want for a specific class or toon. And since you'd be 300 command for this example, it would still take a long time to grind that level to unlock that next box, essentially for each gear set for each toon.

Edited by SOULCASTER

So... what exactly does Legacy Wide mean?

It means the command level is a legacy perk. Make it a legacy level 50 perk, since legacy level 50 gives you nothing.

What happens is all characters of level 70 in your legacy that are getting cxp share that cxp meaning they all work together gathering cxp to get your legacy to level 300. You do not grind to level 300 on each different toon, you do it one time with all toons.

Does that make sense?