"All gold NPCs now grant 1 Command Experience point (down from 10)."

DakhathKilrathi

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet again one person ruins something for everyone... specifically, the one person who found an efficient/exploitative way to farm gold mobs and hit Command Rank 100 within three days, who then had to go brag about it to everyone on the forums. Then all the white knights picked up that example and threw it in the faces of everyone critiquing the CXP system. That made EAWare do one of their trademark kneejerk reaction 'nuke from orbit' nerfs (a la the Contraband Slot Machine nerf). Now everyone else has it worse.

You made a difference, bragging guy! Bravo! /sarcasm

You were looking forward to killing gold mobs for hours on end were you?

The devs don't want you to feel you're being forced to do something you don't want to do.

What an absolute load of tosh. The devs are deliberately forcing players to grind, to gear, to run content they want to run.

I don't want to grind, I don't want a stupid RNG system for gearing that is outdated and below par for industry standards. One which excludes me from running content I want to do. You really should go work for BioWare and come up with more systems if that's how you view things, they'll be on par with this one at least.

You know what makes the whole system more asinine? In 4.0 I could run the content I wanted to earn the gear to run the content I wanted. In 5.0 the developers are trying to force players to run content they don't want to run, to run the content they wanted.

That's backwards thinking.

Oh, so finally the troll arrived? Use ignore, it's quite effective :)

It's only effective if everyone ignores them. If everyone keeps quoting the troll's argument to respond, it completely defeats the purpose of having them on your ignore list because you still have to read the BS the troll is spewing :mad:

What an absolute load of tosh. The devs are deliberately forcing players to grind, to gear, to run content they want to run.

I don't want to grind, I don't want a stupid RNG system for gearing that is outdated and below par for industry standards. One which excludes me from running content I want to do. You really should go work for BioWare and come up with more systems if that's how you view things, they'll be on par with this one at least.

You know what makes the whole system more asinine? In 4.0 I could run the content I wanted to earn the gear to run the content I wanted. In 5.0 the developers are trying to force players to run content they don't want to run, to run the content they wanted.

That's backwards thinking.

What's stopping you from running the content you want, to earn the gear you need to run the content you want in 5.0? What content is Bioware forcing you to do in 5.0?

Edited by Swtorevolution

It's only effective if everyone ignores them. If everyone keeps quoting the troll's argument to respond, it completely defeats the purpose of having them on your ignore list because you still have to read the BS the troll is spewing :mad:

Whenever I see the post is from him I skip it. Learn to ignore posts on internet this way, it is more effective :)

getting back on topic. in the past bioware have gone back on a few things they did, one was the companions in 4.0, they got buffed so much it was impossible to die even with 10 mob groups attacking you, star fortress h2 runs were very easy. bioware nerfed them hard no long after and when the community said it was enough bioware found a compromise between the really buffed and the really nerfed, the end result is what we have today.

i am hoping that bioware realize how silly this GC nerf is and try find something in the system and find something reasonable for everyone. i am really hoping on it. i would prefer not to leave the game if it can be helped but as i wrote in my last reply: i won't come back if nothing is done.

however considering it is december, i expect Bioware to go dark over the remainder of the month as they have done in the past and not do anything until janurary. but by then it could be too late.

not a very generous pagan gift considering how many celebrate it at this time of year.

Whenever I see the post is from him I skip it. Learn to ignore posts on internet this way, it is more effective :)

No, I mean they're literally on my ignore list, so the forum collapses their posts. But when someone (who is not on my ignore list) quotes them to respond, I still see what the troll is saying because it's in the other poster's post. See what I mean?

getting back on topic. in the past bioware have gone back on a few things they did, one was the companions in 4.0, they got buffed so much it was impossible to die even with 10 mob groups attacking you, star fortress h2 runs were very easy. bioware nerfed them hard no long after and when the community said it was enough bioware found a compromise between the really buffed and the really nerfed, the end result is what we have today.

i am hoping that bioware realize how silly this GC nerf is and try find something in the system and find something reasonable for everyone. i am really hoping on it. i would prefer not to leave the game if it can be helped but as i wrote in my last reply: i won't come back if nothing is done.

however considering it is december, i expect Bioware to go dark over the remainder of the month as they have done in the past and not do anything until janurary. but by then it could be too late.

not a very generous pagan gift considering how many celebrate it at this time of year.

I predicted this a few pages back, right down to people accepting 5CXP as a good "compromise" because at least it's not 1CXP. And then attention will be successfully diverted from the real problem at hand which is the RNG gearing.

5CXP is not acceptable. 10 CXP was hardly acceptable.

RNG GEARING IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I predicted this a few pages back, right down to people accepting 5CXP as a good "compromise" because at least it's not 1CXP. And then attention will be successfully diverted from the real problem at hand which is the RNG gearing.

I accept RNG gearing. Hell I've accepted RNG gearing since the dawn of RPG's.

Edited by Swtorevolution

and there is lies the problem, what is a compromise everyone could accept. of course a compromise is something neither side likes but finds acceptable.

I accept RNG gearing. Hell I've accepted RNG gearing since the dawn of RPG's.

Did you accept Battlemaster roulette back at launch too? They changed that for a reason. And now this system is a complete regression. Only somehow even more grindy.

Gearing is not hard to nail. Get reliable source of currency by consistently running such and such flashpoint, operation, heroic or other content. Spend the appropriate tier of currency on the appropriate tier of gear.

Someone needs to tell BW to get off of Overwatch and stop with the lootbox fetish. First the Cartel pack "opening experience", now this.

Did you accept Battlemaster roulette back at launch too? They changed that for a reason. And now this system is a complete regression. Only somehow even more grindy.

Gearing is not hard to nail. Get reliable source of currency by consistently running such and such flashpoint, operation, heroic or other content. Spend the appropriate tier of currency on the appropriate tier of gear.

Someone needs to tell BW to get off of Overwatch and stop with the lootbox fetish. First the Cartel pack "opening experience", now this.

Battlemaster bags were removed before I got to 50 because I was too busy enjoying the game to powerlevel to endgame. But I don't imagine I would've had any problems with them.

and there is lies the problem, what is a compromise everyone could accept. of course a compromise is something neither side likes but finds acceptable.

Jesus, at this point I'm sure everyone would accept 10CXP as a good compromise, because before they were complaining that THAT was not enough. They wanted more.

this troll dont even play the game he post all the time the game is unplayable because bioware changed an animation on BH stop trying to argue with this guy lol

Battlemaster bags were removed before I got to 50 because I was too busy enjoying the game to powerlevel to endgame. But I don't imagine I would've had any problems with them.

Heh, if only you actually needed to powerlevel to hit 50 back then. You just needed to play a lot (which is not the same as powering). Or I guess as you'd put it, be REALLY busy enjoying the game.

It was certainly harder to hit than it is now, what with all the XP boosts and centralized heroics, but it was no CXP grind.

They removed the BM token system that quickly for a reason, though. It didn't sit well with just about anyone and they soon replaced it with a much more decent system that allowed for at least some consistency in gearing on the PVP side of things.

This is a downgrade. Except it's not just PVP players that are getting shafted this time.

this troll dont even play the game he post all the time the game is unplayable because bioware changed an animation on BH stop trying to argue with this guy lol

I dunno man. I miss my spine rockets. He's got a point. Literally unplayable. :mon_rolleyes:

Edited by GhostDrone

Heh, if only you actually needed to powerlevel to hit 50 back then. You just needed to play a lot (which is not the same as powering). Or I guess as you'd put it, be REALLY busy enjoying the game.

It was certainly harder to hit than it is now, what with all the XP boosts and centralized heroics, but it was no CXP grind.

They removed the BM token system that quickly for a reason, though. It didn't sit well with just about anyone and they soon replaced it with a much more decent system that allowed for at least some consistency in gearing on the PVP side of things.

This is a downgrade. Except it's not just PVP players that are getting shafted this time.

I dunno man. I miss my spine rockets. He's got a point. Literally unplayable. :mon_rolleyes:

So Bioware changed the Battlemaster Bag system due to forum outcry. Perhaps they didn't really want to change the RNG system and are now bringing it back because that's what they've wanted all along.

Let me think. Maybe, bringing back token system for ops and ranked PVP, and then tuning RNG ******** to bearable amounts? This way people who want to play high-end content have opportunity to gear up on their own terms, while casuals get gear through alternative, less effective but less challenging way? Like, what this retarded system claimed to try and achieve?

Comment on Dulfy about the newest patch notes:

"Charles: Subscriptions aren't faling at the rate we were hoping for.

Ben: ****. What can we do?

Charles: Give less CXP, a really offensive low amount, like 1 CXP.

Ben: Hahaha! That's grat. Let's do this. They'll get mad.

Eric: Patchnotes are already ready! Let's see if the subscriber will cancel faster.

Ben: I hope so, I'm so sick of this job."

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.