Finished KOTET. *spoilers* what's next?

GrimmjowLover

First off let me start by saying this probably my FIRST ever post in the forums since I started playing SWTOR...5 years ago...

I have managed to avoid the forums cause all I ever heard from people was how the doom-sayers ran rampant in the forums. As it is in almost every forum for every game that has Internet connectivity...

But I digress, I have not come to scold the community. Your opinion is your own and I will not take that from you.

But what I have come to say is that to me personally, the KOTET ending was well done. Finally seeing an end to Vitiate/Valkorion/tenebrae/etc was extremely satisfying. I really enjoyed the dynamic range of missions these episodes had from becoming a tiny mouse Droid to a monstrous bipedal mech that made me think of liberty prime...

I think KOTFE and KOTET are very good expansions for swtor. I do regret that I am making this post before actually diving into the other things KOTET brought with it. I usually like to complete story content first because I always love a good story and KOTFE was a damn good one.

But the ending left me quite saddened. It felt like it was the last expansion for SWTOR. Like anything that comes after this won't be able to top KOTFE/ET. I know I'm being a bit paranoid but still.

I guess I shouldn't really worry though cause the galaxy and star wars universe is infinite. More things can pop up like a alien civilization invading from another galaxy? Or maybe Something happens on Lokath...

The future looks bright.

I never understood why people think this is the last expansion or feels like it.

There's still malgus who was cut out of the sacrifice trailer, well probably see him again. And the ending of kotet didn't exactly make it seem there wasn't going to be anything else.

Then when they answered my question if we'll get to kiss Arcann's kissable lips someday,:rak_03:

They said not in this expansion but maybe in the future.

Kind of seems like there will be a future.

Not saying that things can't go sour, but nothing exactly points to a complete ending as of now. Certainly not the story.

Glad you liked Kotet! I liked it too.:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

I never understood why people think this is the last expansion or feels like it.

There's still malgus who was cut out of the sacrifice trailer, well probably see him again. And the ending of kotet didn't exactly make it seem there wasn't going to be anything else.

Then when they answered my question if we'll get to kiss Arcann's kissable lips someday,:rak_03:

They said not in this expansion but maybe in the future.

Kind of seems like there will be a future.

Not saying that things can't go sour, but nothing exactly points to a complete ending as of now. Certainly not the story.

Glad you liked Kotet! I liked it too.:rak_03:

hahaahahha You are probably right I did actually forget that Darth Malgus was reintroduced. I guess we do have things to look forward to, besides a super angry pale white sith lord.....

hahaahahha You are probably right I did actually forget that Darth Malgus was reintroduced. I guess we do have things to look forward to, besides a super angry pale white sith lord.....

Oh man. I completely forgot about Malgus and how he was cut out of the trailer.

He's gonna be piiiiiiiiiissssssssed.

Yep. There you have it, folks. That's what's coming next.

First off let me start by saying this probably my FIRST ever post in the forums since I started playing SWTOR...5 years ago...

I have managed to avoid the forums cause all I ever heard from people was how the doom-sayers ran rampant in the forums. As it is in almost every forum for every game that has Internet connectivity...

But I digress, I have not come to scold the community. Your opinion is your own and I will not take that from you.

But what I have come to say is that to me personally, the KOTET ending was well done. Finally seeing an end to Vitiate/Valkorion/tenebrae/etc was extremely satisfying. I really enjoyed the dynamic range of missions these episodes had from becoming a tiny mouse Droid to a monstrous bipedal mech that made me think of liberty prime...

I think KOTFE and KOTET are very good expansions for swtor. I do regret that I am making this post before actually diving into the other things KOTET brought with it. I usually like to complete story content first because I always love a good story and KOTFE was a damn good one.

But the ending left me quite saddened. It felt like it was the last expansion for SWTOR. Like anything that comes after this won't be able to top KOTFE/ET. I know I'm being a bit paranoid but still.

I guess I shouldn't really worry though cause the galaxy and star wars universe is infinite. More things can pop up like a alien civilization invading from another galaxy? Or maybe Something happens on Lokath...

The future looks bright.

Oh, they have many threads that they could follow up on, all of them being potentially interesting topics. However... If I recall correctly, they mentioned something about these expansions being a trilogy. Not to mention all of the loose ends that KOTFE and KOTET have. Such as:

- Scions

- Marr/Shan

- Iokath (definitely not done with that place...)

- Rep/Imp rebellions

- Moff Pyran

- Darth Malgus

There is plenty even just with stuff introduced in these last 2 expansions that they could do with, let alone the bits that they could expand upon from the other expansions or even vanilla. That said, based on what the Scions say in a mail after chapter 9... I am sure I am wrong, but something about it made me think of the Yuuzhan Vong. Crazy, I know... Then I thought about how Canderous and other Mando's had fought a Vong scout ship back in KOTOR. Then how the Chiss, who have been known to defend their territory fiercely, have not really been seen in ages. Honestly, all things considered, the galaxy and goings on is starting to resemble the Post-Endor EU state of the galaxy, right before the Vong invaded. That said, there are other ones that they may have hinted at, but of course could take them some place sooo different. Such as:

- Darth Maglus (Ultimate Baldy)

- Galactic Three-Way

- Developing the Alliance farther, squashing resistance

- Rishi Maze Exploration

I mean, really... This is Star Wars! There is ALWAYS a story to be had!

Oh, they have many threads that they could follow up on, all of them being potentially interesting topics. However... If I recall correctly, they mentioned something about these expansions being a trilogy. Not to mention all of the loose ends that KOTFE and KOTET have. Such as:

- Scions

- Marr/Shan

- Iokath (definitely not done with that place...)

- Rep/Imp rebellions

- Moff Pyran

- Darth Malgus

There is plenty even just with stuff introduced in these last 2 expansions that they could do with, let alone the bits that they could expand upon from the other expansions or even vanilla. That said, based on what the Scions say in a mail after chapter 9... I am sure I am wrong, but something about it made me think of the Yuuzhan Vong. Crazy, I know... Then I thought about how Canderous and other Mando's had fought a Vong scout ship back in KOTOR. Then how the Chiss, who have been known to defend their territory fiercely, have not really been seen in ages. Honestly, all things considered, the galaxy and goings on is starting to resemble the Post-Endor EU state of the galaxy, right before the Vong invaded. That said, there are other ones that they may have hinted at, but of course could take them some place sooo different. Such as:

- Darth Maglus (Ultimate Baldy)

- Galactic Three-Way

- Developing the Alliance farther, squashing resistance

- Rishi Maze Exploration

I mean, really... This is Star Wars! There is ALWAYS a story to be had!

you know, when i made this post i was thinking and after reading your response im hoping that they do a vong invasion. Cause we are in legends so i wouldnt put it past them to bring that portion into SWTOR. It would make an interesting expansion OR they can continue with what we have, the Darth Malgus story, a 3 way war and all that other stuff lmao. But its interesting to think whats coming next and how SWTOR will evolve and change. I am looking forward to it all!

you know, when i made this post i was thinking and after reading your response im hoping that they do a vong invasion. Cause we are in legends so i wouldnt put it past them to bring that portion into SWTOR. It would make an interesting expansion OR they can continue with what we have, the Darth Malgus story, a 3 way war and all that other stuff lmao. But its interesting to think whats coming next and how SWTOR will evolve and change. I am looking forward to it all!

In all fairness, if the Vong did happen to come into play, they do have unique qualities that nullify the "Protag too OP now, force god-killer!" I mean... They are invisible in the force, are highly capable warriors, and due to this they could weave a very nice non-forcer narrative in with the OP force user narrative. Basically, while the force users may be strong enough to contend with a force god... That is kinda meaningless if your foes are not part of the force.

ok...someone explain this to me..but didnt that egghead Malgus get stumped on Ilum flashpoint ? :confused:

When KOTFE was teased with the Sacrifice trailer, they showed a short trailer with Darth Malgus being brought to Valkorian, in Carbonite. Was only like 30 seconds long, but considering how expensive CGI like that is...

Side Note: Sith have come back from the dead (Sion), grabbed new bodies (Valk), and even endured unbelievable pain (Maul). Not to mention Darth Malgus originally was only able to be defeated by pushing him down a shaft. Many times when you can't loot a body in a mmo... They shall return! They ofc changed that.

Edited by Silenceo

ok...someone explain this to me..but didnt that egghead Malgus get stumped on Ilum flashpoint ? :confused:

Yes he did. But do you remember the KotFE trailer? Know where the twins come in to present the lightsabers wrapped in Pub/Imp flags to their father? Well there was a cut out part to it that they showed at a cantina last year:

(quality is blurry because this was a recording on someone's phone).

But it was rendered, which costs money. So speculation that Malgus will be making his eventual return has been running rampant. And why wouldn't those rumors be going around? Why would BW even bother making this if it wasn't going to lead somewhere?

But Malgus..was....so lame.....:D

I mean , when you think of Valk...how is some Egghead like him gonna be more awesome ?

After Valk, I'm sure most everyone will agree that ANYONE is more awesome.

Edited by AngFour

After Valk, I'm sure most everyone will agree that ANYONE is more awesome.

More awesome look ? more awesome hair do ? more awesome in speech (No wait , Saresh beat everyone there )...? more awesome in power ?

Muh..I never though he was awesome . Heck he couldn't even take the Throne.....so....that's lame in my book .

More awesome look ? more awesome hair do ? more awesome in speech (No wait , Saresh beat everyone there )...? more awesome in power ?

Muh..I never though he was awesome . Heck he couldn't even take the Throne.....so....that's lame in my book .

I'm happy with ANY new bad guy. Valkorion/Vitiate has been around WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. Should have stayed dead at the end of the knight story and they should have just came up with a new guy instead of doing literary gymnastics to make it the same guy. Dunno why they even connected Vitiate and Valkorion they so easily could have made him an entirely different character. The ONLY benefit to having him also be the former Sith Emperor is that finally killing him outright feels soooooo damn satisfying as a Knight after chasing him throughout your class story and the expansions. But for everyone else they had zero real connection to the Sith Emperor anyway.

I myself have been thinking that they might do a Vong invasion.

I remember a small possible reference to it when Lana talks about possible origins to the Eternal Fleet. She mentions "Droid Races from outside the galaxy". While we know that isn't true anymore, If I remember correctly the Vong left their own galaxy due to two droid races annihilating it, and each other.

• 2 weeks later...
But Malgus..was....so lame.....:D

I mean , when you think of Valk...how is some Egghead like him gonna be more awesome ?

With enough followers any of them could be 'awesome' even if on their own they are lame.

Valk had the singular power.

Arcann was only really scary because of the eternal fleet at his disposal and endless skytroopers.

Vaylin had the singular raw power, when unleashed.

I guess it's time for the next one to have the troops and fleet to be scary. :D

Please, let us not have to deal with Malgus, again. Having to work for him on the Imperial side all the way up to Ilum was obnoxious enough, and getting to finish him off was profoundly satisfying. I think we'd be much better served by a new villain, entirely, or else by just somehow getting solidly back into the Empire versus Republic stuff upon which the game was initially based.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have/had more in mind for Malgus. At launch, in the FP you had to draw him over to a ledge and knock him off when his health got low; you couldn't just outright kill him. As a newbie I found that quite tricky! They added grenades you could pick up before the fight (to be used if you didn't have a knockback, I guess), but then just removed that requirement altogether.

And as others have said, it is hard to "run out" of stories to tell in the Star Wars universe! :)

Edited by Gwena

I still need to kill satele shan...

Yes, let's turn Satele into the new villain. We already got to finish off Saresh and were teased with a 'kill Satele' option in CH12 of KOTFE so why not! :D Would be nice if the bad guy for once came forth from the Republic side instead of the Empire, no one's immune to flaws and falls from grace.

• 1 year later...
I'm happy with ANY new bad guy. Valkorion/Vitiate has been around WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long. Should have stayed dead at the end of the knight story and they should have just came up with a new guy instead of doing literary gymnastics to make it the same guy. Dunno why they even connected Vitiate and Valkorion they so easily could have made him an entirely different character. The ONLY benefit to having him also be the former Sith Emperor is that finally killing him outright feels soooooo damn satisfying as a Knight after chasing him throughout your class story and the expansions. But for everyone else they had zero real connection to the Sith Emperor anyway.

Right!? It pissed me off so much at the beginning. Then they kept changing his name to new eloborate V words that kept getting slightly more confusing. It was really satisfying to end him though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.