Dragon's Maw (Chapter 6) Party - Getting Bergula, Brick, Lil' Jwizzix and Rompy

TarotMage

Greetings!

I haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd share this.

When fighting "Junior" (the Rancor in the beast pit), there are 4 smaller beasts that will fight you -- Bergola, Brick, Lil' Jwizzix and Rompy. However, if you cure one of them earlier in the chapter -- Bergola -- you will instead have 4 pets that will help you defeat the rancor and will stay with you until chapter's end. Here's how:

**THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE PLANTING THE CHARGE ON THE LAST SECURITY RELAY!**

1) While running around planting the charges on the security relays, you will go to the kitchen to get food for the guards. You will hear a Head Chef yell at a kitchen droid about the quality of the Krell. Behind the droid is a garbage can full of cooked Krell (named "Culinary Abomination"), Click on it and you will get a message. You can't take one of them -- yet.

2) Further on in the mission, you will enter the Beast area. You will hear the beast master tell one of the workers about taking care of one of his sick 'kids' -- Bergola. Go to Bergola's stall and you will see a glowing plate in front of her. Click on that - it contains the medicine to make her better but she won't take it because it smells terrible.

3) Go back to the kitchen and click on the garbage can from step 1. You can now take one of the Krell.

4) Open your mission inventory, right click on the Culinary Abomination. It will combine with the medicine to form a "Medicated Culinary Abomination."

5) Go back to Bergola's stall -- there should be a glowing trough at the opposite side of the stall. Click on it -- this puts the cocktail in the stall. Bergula will walk over and eat it (you will see her health bar go from half to full). You should then get a message saying "Bergula seems grateful. She will remember this".

6) When it's time to fight Junior, all the beast pens will open and the 4 beasts will come out as well. But rather than attack you, they will now be part of your fighting force and help with any mobs -- including the Chapter 6 final battle.

**Thanks to Zasszz for bringing up the Vaylin holostatue: don't forget to pick it up from the table in the grand foyer (it turns into a Stronghold decoration once the chapter is complete) - and for catching I had listed the wrong chapter number (see what happens when you forum post after playing 6 chapters back to back?) A forum mod was kind enough to correct it. (Muchas gracias!!)

**Thanks to SerraShar for the title change suggestion -- hope it makes more sense now! :D

Enjoy! :)

Edited by TarotMage
Corrected errors and clarified title
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Each of the doggies gives you a buff icon with descriptions, too. I thought it was cute. Bergola's doesn't really say anything interesting but here are the other ones:

Rompy - Always full of boundless energy, the rest secretly suspect that he's the favorite.

Brick - Strong as any of the rest, but kind of a lazy lump.

Lil' Jwizzix - A long way from home, but the legacy lives on after an improbable journey. (I think maybe Lil' Jwizzix is offspring of Jwizzix'Xthor from Sparky in Ravagers?)

I wish you could keep them. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Question.

Doing master mode, guardian tank (230 gear, no bonus), Theron Shan lv5, stuck on Junior. Is it possible to kill him on master geared as i am now or should i revert to veteran? I did manage to get him to 50-ish %, but after that everything is on cd's and Shan is trigger happy healer. Though he cant outheal rancors dmg without my cd's (defensive and cc's).

Question.

Doing master mode, guardian tank (230 gear, no bonus), Theron Shan lv5, stuck on Junior. Is it possible to kill him on master geared as i am now or should i revert to veteran? I did manage to get him to 50-ish %, but after that everything is on cd's and Shan is trigger happy healer. Though he cant outheal rancors dmg without my cd's (defensive and cc's).

As a Guardian you should be able to Intercede and Blade Rush away from Junior when your DCs are on CD.

Also, Influence Rank 1-10 are really quick and cheap. Just buy some 5k/10k gifts from the vendor on fleet and get Theron up to at least Rank 10. It should only put you back +80k to get those extra 5 levels.

As a Guardian you should be able to Intercede and Blade Rush away from Junior when your DCs are on CD.

Also, Influence Rank 1-10 are really quick and cheap. Just buy some 5k/10k gifts from the vendor on fleet and get Theron up to at least Rank 10. It should only put you back +80k to get those extra 5 levels.

Thanks for tips. Manage to kill it, praise the Emperor of Mankind!

Most likely that more levels on Theron (18, better safe than sorry) helped. Though, i still was able to die to 3 hits if rng wasnt in my favor (65k Quick Slam, 2 swipes 35k each connected). Theron still wont outheal that.

So, if anyone interested how to kill rancor.

Dont use Guardian Leap or Force Kick to to avoid or interrupt unless you have really low latency and Flash's reaction time. Quick slam is 0.5 sec cast, so you have to "fly into" cast to stop it. On all tries (about 40min of gameplay) i manage once to FKick him for stop. Ofc, he cast Snack after that and since all cc abilities was on cd and i was lazy for GLeap/FLeap to interrupt he went after prisoner (there were about 10 of them) and ofc he eated that guy that have to survive. Hair pulling moment.

Anyway, get feeling for fight and predict when he will start cast Quick Slam. I was using Hilt Bash, Force Stasis, Blade Blitz and defensive cd's to stop or lower dmg. But main ability is Saber Reflect. This reflect QuickSlam, though dont know why. Its aoe and melee, so it shouldnt. But thats your opening sequence. Saber Throw, Saber Reflect, Force Leap. Have fun.

Edited by graycrow

I hate to sound like an idiot, but which table in the Grand Foyer has the Vaylin hologram? I hovered over several and it didn't show on any. I'd really appreciate any help, especially in a photo.

It's the main table in the center when you walk in through the front.

The hologram is available only during a certain time. Listen for the "Don't forget to pick up your Vaylin hologram" announcement over the loudspeakers.

• 11 months later...
Greetings!

I haven't seen this posted so I thought I'd share this.

When fighting "Junior" (the Rancor in the beast pit), there are 4 smaller beasts that will fight you -- Bergola, Brick, Lil' Jwizzix and Rompy. However, if you cure one of them earlier in the chapter -- Bergola -- you will instead have 4 pets that will help you defeat the rancor and will stay with you until chapter's end. Here's how:

**THIS MUST BE DONE BEFORE PLANTING THE CHARGE ON THE LAST SECURITY RELAY!**

1) While running around planting the charges on the security relays, you will go to the kitchen to get food for the guards. You will hear a Head Chef yell at a kitchen droid about the quality of the Krell. Behind the droid is a garbage can full of cooked Krell (named "Culinary Abomination"), Click on it and you will get a message. You can't take one of them -- yet.

2) Further on in the mission, you will enter the Beast area. You will hear the beast master tell one of the workers about taking care of one of his sick 'kids' -- Bergola. Go to Bergola's stall and you will see a glowing plate in front of her. Click on that - it contains the medicine to make her better but she won't take it because it smells terrible.

3) Go back to the kitchen and click on the garbage can from step 1. You can now take one of the Krell.

4) Open your mission inventory, right click on the Culinary Abomination. It will combine with the medicine to form a "Medicated Culinary Abomination."

5) Go back to Bergola's stall -- there should be a glowing trough at the opposite side of the stall. Click on it -- this puts the cocktail in the stall. Bergula will walk over and eat it (you will see her health bar go from half to full). You should then get a message saying "Bergula seems grateful. She will remember this".

6) When it's time to fight Junior, all the beast pens will open and the 4 beasts will come out as well. But rather than attack you, they will now be part of your fighting force and help with any mobs -- including the Chapter 6 final battle.

**Thanks to Zasszz for bringing up the Vaylin holostatue: don't forget to pick it up from the table in the grand foyer (it turns into a Stronghold decoration once the chapter is complete) - and for catching I had listed the wrong chapter number (see what happens when you forum post after playing 6 chapters back to back?) A forum mod was kind enough to correct it. (Muchas gracias!!)

**Thanks to SerraShar for the title change suggestion -- hope it makes more sense now! :D

Enjoy! :)

Best hint I've ever seen for SWTOR.

• 2 years later...
Just an FYI, but I was able to get the pets on my side AFTER i did the last relay. I had already gotten the medicine, and when i passed by the kitchen before i triggered the cinematic, i got the meat, went down to the pens and the kids were gone, but i combined the med and meat and put it in the bin, and even tho there was no kid there, i got the "will remember" message anyway. When I went into the battle with junior, the kids were on my side.

• 4 weeks later...
Just an FYI, but I was able to get the pets on my side AFTER i did the last relay. I had already gotten the medicine, and when i passed by the kitchen before i triggered the cinematic, i got the meat, went down to the pens and the kids were gone, but i combined the med and meat and put it in the bin, and even tho there was no kid there, i got the "will remember" message anyway. When I went into the battle with junior, the kids were on my side.

Good to know! It might have something to do with the order you place the charges on the nodes. It's been a while since I've played the chapter but I seem to recollect that once the cinematic plays, certain pathways are blocked off as you're making your way back to the ballroom.

I've actually never done the stuff with the "kids" to change their side, do you get an achiev for this? I know I finally got around to doing the bonus server room part, and omg it makes running around there 100x easier after the chaos.

I've actually never done the stuff with the "kids" to change their side, do you get an achiev for this? I know I finally got around to doing the bonus server room part, and omg it makes running around there 100x easier after the chaos.

It's not for a cheevo, but for the point that they are well 'ard and will take down almost anything you fight along the way to Vaylin almost before you've drawn your weapon. It makes some of the fights significantly less fussy, including the one with the Horizon Guard on the rooftop.

They’re overkill for story mode, but I suspect they are intended to be extremely helpful if not essential for beating master mode. Many of the KOTET chapters have something like that, something designed to help out in MM.