Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i got Ashara last night and I am disappointed that it seems she does not change to the dark side. I was really looking forward to getting this companion, as the idea that i could convert a Jedi to DS seemed like fun, and the questing part on Taris was fun then the end dialogue happened :mad:

I chose the option to set a trap for her and then run and save her. I thought this would be more in line with an SI way to manipulating the situation. When i got the option to tell her to become a Sith i thought this was it, but then she spews out some garbage about not giving up the Jedi ways.

I truly think that having a companion that is not turned to the Dark Side is a problem for the entire SI story line; Not only that, she is the only female companion. I hope they add some changes to the story to bring more in line with the SI story it self.

There is no redemption for me, i am evil, I want my companions to be evil and if they cannot, they should die.

Thana seemed like a nice one to try and subjugate. I would like to see a story develop with her.

Totally agree with this thread. I got Ashara earlier tonight and i am sad to see that it is currently impossible to turn her to the Dark side. Now she just annoys the crap out of my generally Dark side SA. He does make some LS choices every now and then..but the ratio is like 400 LS compared to 5500 DS currently lol

Since she is the only romanceable companion for a male SI it is rather unfortunate in my opinion. Especially when Sith Warriors have a female companion that can be swayed to either Light or Dark,if i am not mistaken.

It feels like such a missed opportunity aswell..being able to corrupt a jedi padawan to the darkside would have fit so well into the overall vibe of a dark side SI,all the treachery and manipulation etc

I guess we cant have it all =) Perhaps this is the price Bioware is making SI's pay since we have the Chuck Norris of SWTOR in Khem Val lol

I feel betrayed by the fact that we can not corrupt our own apprentice. :(

I am in support of this topic. Ive not even gotten Ashara yet as a companion, but I recognize the discrepancy of having an evil sith inquisitor with a jedi as companion. I guess it made sense to somebody in Bioware, but it doesnt make sense to me. The rule is: all force-sensitives must either become Sith, or die. We need to be able to convert her, and possibility of killing her should also be there.

Edited by Karkais

SPOLIERS

I have found that Ashara can be a pretty naughty girl...

On Voss I chose the darkside option to bind the ghost +40 affection for Ashara

I chose to KEEP him bound after promising to release him +40 affection

I chose to free the mother mahcine on Belsavis +40 affection

I chose to kill the Voss attacking the contact on Voss +40 affection

There are numerous other occurances of me chosing the darkside option AND getting affection gain for Ashara.

Screw Ashara. After i got her and looking at her stats/personality, i was like this isnt going to work out. But Thana on the otherhand from Taris, now there is a chick steeming of the dark side who i would glady have as a companion. Sure we would probably have to keep her attitude in line until we gained enough affection with her. But come on after playing through all the quests with her, even though she often failed and got caught, she has so much potential and a hot dark baddy chick, who i'd glady have tank for me.

I have her maxed at 10k affection, she's approved of me choosing dark side options, she doesn't mind me killing people, she hums the Darth Vader marching tune after we have sex, wants to marry me and through all of this she still can't be turned dark or be willing to marry without some crappy Jedi consuls consent? Seriously?

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. First of all, the game has been out a couple weeks. Give the story some time to progress! Second, Ashara is one of the most well written characters in the game and I've enjoyed maxing affection with her. Since I got her she's the only companion I've taken along.

To say that you have to leave her on the ship shows a lack of effort and interest in character development. As time goes on she starts to let the dark side options and conversation pieces grow on her. I've had +40 gains for saying I'd do awful things to republic soldiers while she was standing there. She slowly comes around. No, she doesn't become a sith but she fills a fantastic story role.

She's the young, confused Padawan who was never given options. She grew up being trained to become a Jedi, and you expose her to another point of view. You don't corrupt her view of the force, but you do severely manipulate her opinion of the Empire. It's a rich and extremely well crafted sub-plot to the game that you're missing out on simply because it's not as easy as force shocking every NPC you speak to. Bioware would be doing an extreme disservice to the writers and the character by changing it.

Agreed,

Isn't this as unlikely as the head of a concentration camp openly courting or even just befriending a Jewish woman? Sith and Jedi do not coexist… I thought that was a basic fact everyone took from the 6 movies.

the one force using companion you have until the very end of the story and she hates when I do Dark things… I am a freaking SI, I can't turn a little Palawan who I only approached because she exhibited un-Jedi like traits in the first place? she calls a Sith her lord and master, and kills who ever I want her to kill… these actions hardly seem to match up with her getting upset every time I threaten someone.

You utilize her weakness as a jedi padawan in order to bend her to your will and achieve your goals. Sounds pretty Sith to me.

…and then don't strike her down when she refuses to abandon the teachings of the Jedi not very Sith like. and besides she betray me and had two masters their waiting for me...

People say Ashara is very LS but Ive seen otherwise. Ive gained 100+ points picking DS options with her.

yes that happens a few times but hardly makes up for the hundred or so -81 you get for sticking to the DS, I find myself deciding what I am going to do to a person based on what the reaction of my APPRENTICE will be, it is stupid.

You guys are looking at this the wrong way. First of all, the game has been out a couple weeks.

No, she doesn't become a sith but she fills a fantastic story role.

She's the young, confused Padawan who was never given options. She grew up being trained to become a Jedi, and you expose her to another point of view.

but it has been in development for years… and beta'ed. I remember seeing the video of the Sith attacking the Jedi temple ages ago.

She does not become Sith, and so why would an SI keep her around? I AM a Sith and I kill people for far less then rejecting my POV.

It was clear from the 3rd recording of her she could fall to the DS with a little effort (that is why you contacted her) yet she remains light, and rejects the ways of the Sith? I have killed countless people in the game for doing less. It is inconceivable that as SI would tolerate her continued living let alone allow her on his ship. I had 2 DARK apprentices and left them to rot and be murdered while I drag around a my 'Padawan for life' companion. it is ridiculous. if I cannot turn a "young, confused Padawan" then I am a failure as a SI, or do you think I am to worried about her feelings to press the issue?

I was really disspointed that you cannot turn her to the dark side espically when I made her murder someone herself without forcing her it seemed like she was falling but the story said NOPE SRY she staying true to the light. Lets not forget she says it right to your face that she is sticking to the jedi teachings in a conversations and sith npcs refer to jedi ways as tainted and heretical. It seems rather dumb that the class described as being a darth sidious fantasy is not doing what darth sidious was quite well known for corrupting anakin skywalker and making him darth vader it seems the sith warrior has the job of coverting jedi to the dark side in their story the SI should be the one doing things like that >_>.

Plus Ashara has all the traits there for corruption yet our character cannot pounce onto that and finally make her fall? Some times I wonder who the bloody hell wrote the SI story cause right now after finishing chapter 1 of the SW story I felt more like darth sidious in the sith warrior story than the SI one.

Edited by lokdron

I still dont have her as companion (class quest is currently +3 levels to me :S) , but I did the first convo with her, and in the dialog she seemed to gain darkside points judging from the dark miasma she emitted? I wonder if theres more to Ashara than people make it sound like. I was very satisfied with the convo and how I manipulated her. I hope something comes of it.

This may be a somewhat tangential question towards this threads topic, but having just gotten Ashara, I am having a quite difficult time increasing her rep.

The two problems I am running into is that I get incredibly minimal amounts of affection for companion gifts (I've been using republic memorabilia of the correct rank) and when I complete dialogs with her in the cantina/ship despite receiving 40x3 (120 total) affection, I am only seeing her "affection" bar increase by 30-40 affection.

I'm currently @ 2612 affection.

Help on raising it would be much appreciated!

Personnaly I agree with the notion of corrupting your "apprentice" as an inquisitor, it seems self evident that, as the major role of the class is subtlety, such a mechanic would be a major part of the story line, providing such an option is certainly in-keeping with the theme of the class. For the most part her story line seems to hint at the whole Vader style corruption scheme, and as a personal story line suggestion, while I find the idea of some major piece of backstory being the motivator behind Asharas fall interesting, I personally think recieving your two "apprentices" at more or less the same time and then pitting them off against one another, with the survivor becoming your official apprentice (said victor being the one you personnaly support) and having that be the path to Ashra's dark side much more interesting and class accurate.

the above non withstsnding i am no proffesional and am willing to accept what verdict is to be had.

I cant believe that inquisitor cant turn there only force competent companion to the Dark Side!, it is all most a waste of good Story line, as a fellow Sith i was excited to mold a young jedie into a sith but as i see so far only failure, i wood of exactitude her from the beginning if knew she cant be turned, from what i hear the Sith worrier has to alinement changeable companions, well there is some thing wrong with that as we sith inquisitors gets none, why don't they just switch the companions around it wood make more sense then this an inquisitor that fail at his work.

ok not the only one force companion i was wrong on that, but still if you cant manipulate your owe to be dark side that was the point,

for Now i am going too play a sith worrier who dose not fail at his work and i wont look back until they fix the this crucial part of the this story.

Thank you Bioware for false representation of this class!, Good day.

Edited by Lord_Chrono

You're a slave "froced" to be a sith. What could possibly turn you to decisions of good? Ashara? she is ment to represent innocence. If you play it right she is neither light nor dark but more grey. She will question and reject some Jedi teachings IE she will embrace emotions and understand sometimes you have to do bad things to further a grander vision ( like vader/anakin.) through her she allows your charecter ( if your playing a lightside sith) to explore true freedom. Since the Sith code is the only one to actually push for individual freedom as a philosophy. Nope they got her just right. Besides she is not your true apprentice anyway.

Agreed,

Isn't this as unlikely as the head of a concentration camp openly courting or even just befriending a Jewish woman? Sith and Jedi do not coexist… I thought that was a basic fact everyone took from the 6 movies.

the one force using companion you have until the very end of the story and she hates when I do Dark things… I am a freaking SI, I can't turn a little Palawan who I only approached because she exhibited un-Jedi like traits in the first place? she calls a Sith her lord and master, and kills who ever I want her to kill… these actions hardly seem to match up with her getting upset every time I threaten someone.

…and then don't strike her down when she refuses to abandon the teachings of the Jedi not very Sith like. and besides she betray me and had two masters their waiting for me...

yes that happens a few times but hardly makes up for the hundred or so -81 you get for sticking to the DS, I find myself deciding what I am going to do to a person based on what the reaction of my APPRENTICE will be, it is stupid.

but it has been in development for years… and beta'ed. I remember seeing the video of the Sith attacking the Jedi temple ages ago.

She does not become Sith, and so why would an SI keep her around? I AM a Sith and I kill people for far less then rejecting my POV.

It was clear from the 3rd recording of her she could fall to the DS with a little effort (that is why you contacted her) yet she remains light, and rejects the ways of the Sith? I have killed countless people in the game for doing less. It is inconceivable that as SI would tolerate her continued living let alone allow her on his ship. I had 2 DARK apprentices and left them to rot and be murdered while I drag around a my 'Padawan for life' companion. it is ridiculous. if I cannot turn a "young, confused Padawan" then I am a failure as a SI, or do you think I am to worried about her feelings to press the issue?

Honestly, you couldn't have said it better. The best post in this thread. It's just sad nobody is listening, or will listen.

Agreed,

I agree when I made her murder people out of own free will it looked like she was falling I getting really happy that I am corrupting someone but at the end of all that she does not fall I was like WHAT!? I am pretty suprised that the SI cannot press the issue for her to fall to the dark side it seems like a wasted chance for some juicey story bits.