Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one has asked a simple question: why is it that each class only has ONE single romance interest per gender? Where is the choice Bioware? So far this so-called fourth pillar seems more like a train ride where I can pick which seat to sit in, but have no say on where the train goes.

The lack of diversity is... disturbing.

So I just played the mission where you aquire Ashara today and I am pretty shocked that we cannot corrupt her. She has all the qualities a sith needs to corrupt a force user and the fact that she outright states that she will be keeping to the jedi teachings in a conversation is is even worse. Since the sith consider the jedi and the light side heretical. Sigh I wonder if bioware has even looked in the topic. Edited by lokdron

I honestly find this matter ridiculous. I thought "Choice" was a key factor in Bioware games yet this restriction kind of ruins part of the Inquisitor experience.

If I wanted to be a Light Sided jar-head I would roll a Jedi, but I don't.

Not only is she our only female companion, but we as inquisitors are meant to be deceitful and cunning, and generally mean. It's great you can choose to be good or bad, but if you're going to give us that option, also allow us to choose how our companions can be.

This is a real bummer. :|

Its so sad that SW can corrupt one of their companions yet the so called class thats based on darth sidious and is meant to be the darkest class and a master manipulator cannot corrupt a prideful/naive jedi. I wonder who the heck wrote the SI story in the first place because while playing the SW story it had elements of what the SI story should of been in the first place. It seems the hype that went on about the class from bioware is false. Lets not forget that SI can only get 500 dark side points by the end of korriban. :( Edited by lokdron

Male (me) and female (my g/f) SI's would like to see Ashara able to turn. Her story and reactions make it plausible (not so with a multi-centennial Sith like Lord Scourge).

Bioware has not shied away from a great turning story before (Bastila Shan was epic as an evil sidekick in KotOR).

Bioware pushed their limits with Lucasfilm agreements before (all but fulfilled romance with Juhani ONLY as a female Jedi in KotOR).

Boiware dug their own hole with 100% voice acting (I love it, but the financial issues are worrisome).

However, I would agree to adding Thana Vesh as a DS romance option if Ashara MUST stay LS. She could be shoehorned in even after somone was beyond her, I guess.

Add: Why SHOULDN'T all the companions for the Sith be dark side/corruptable? (re: Sith have enough DS companions already).

Edited by NedrudRelyt

I'm a little lost here.....we are Dark Lords of the Sith, at war with the Republic and basically attempt to kill any and every Jedi we see on sight.....how the hell do we end up with a Jedi companion?

This seems utterly ridiculous to be honest. As a Sith I would never even remotely consider teaming up with a Jedi, to say nothing of allowing it on my ship.....this just seems like an hilarious design/development error/oversight by the devs - anyone able to explain this nonsense to me?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Needless to say she will be left on my ship and utterly ignored. What a joke.

Edited by Darth_Sinistor

I think its kinda lame that some classes have multiple romance options and other do not. If they want to give into the silly notion of being a light side sith, they should offer both light and dark side options for romance. Also, it makes a lot of sence that you should be able to corrupt light siders. It's just what they do >.>

One question: Are we absolutely sure it's not possible? I've spent the morning buying her gifts and doing her quests. I just kissed her at just over 5k points, and shes starting to constantly mention how she's questioning things, studying sith ideology, exhibiting emotions such as anger (when the jedi said she wasnt a jedi) it seems like she's slowly going down that road, has anyone done every quest to 10/10k affection to be sure that it's not something that happens eventually?

Any particular type of gifts you're finding she likes? I've a collection of gifts in bank but seem a bit hit and miss.

Can't be the only one planning to spoil her rotten while playing the darkside :)

Edit: and yes I felt it would have made sense if she was "swayable" with careful choices - very much the sort of Sith activity. Maybe in future development.

Edited by Fredbob

One question: Are we absolutely sure it's not possible? I've spent the morning buying her gifts and doing her quests. I just kissed her at just over 5k points, and shes starting to constantly mention how she's questioning things, studying sith ideology, exhibiting emotions such as anger (when the jedi said she wasnt a jedi) it seems like she's slowly going down that road, has anyone done every quest to 10/10k affection to be sure that it's not something that happens eventually?

The thing is once you get her affection high enough it seems that she is at just the tip of the iceberg. Right now as it is she is just staying there what people here are asking is to have the choice to either push her off and make her fall into the darkness and finally embrace the dark side or make her jump herself. Of course a LS SI would pull her back before she falls into darkness.

Yeah im not even going to bother looking into any of my companions unless they're willing to play ball in some way.

Its like, if youre light side you certainly wouldnt look to hook up with a sith, at worst you'd go find yourself a dark jedi who does what necessary but isnt about greed power and complete domination.

How about you guys spend less time trying to get laid with a fictional character? You can deny it all you want but that is the real reason this thread exists.

Ashara is an amazing DPS companion and she's quite well developed in her storyline.

Edited by Rade_Harkin

I was really annoyed when I heard that you cannot turn her to the Dark Side. That makes absolutely NO sense for a max Dark Side Sith Sorcerer to have a goodie goodie Light Side Jedi as a companion. Yes, you can jam trinkets down her face if you care about the romance option, and leave her on the ship the whole time... but it ruins the entire point. The fun of the character should be in slowly corrupting her until she is as evil as you are.

I am mostly annoyed that there wasn't an option to kill her. You can clearly try to let the Ghost do it, but then you get no follow up. If I wanted her to die two lines of dialogue ago, I probably still do when I'm forced to say yes and have her on my crew.