Official Turn Ashara Zavros Darkside Thread. (Spoilers)

Chackey

Should there be "spoilers" in the thread title btw?

So...no takers on wanting Thana instead of Ashara? :p

Sure, but she didnt seem to warm up to me.

I have now played several levels with Ashara, and I can almost imagine her being darkside. She doesnt bat an eyelash to any monstrosities I commit in dialog choices (I assume this may have something to do with the initial convos that made her my companion?), and Ive gotten a whole of one case where she got affection from my dialog choice (something to do with liking rational choices).

Overall, it feels like resigning to her fate as a sith apprentice has made her emotionless and hollow. Maybe thats why she doesnt like gifts much? She had a tantrum in the ship once where she said "Im not going to fight you, but I will never respect you", but since she hasnt been anymore "jedi" than before. She just says those "A jedi does not fear death" things in combat, but thats not a huge thing. Killing republics or jedi doesnt seem to be a problem to her.

Edited by Karkais

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a much more interesting character IMO; surprised she isn't a companion in some form or another

Thana would be an awesome companion for the SI.

Unfortunately I had to choose between losing Darkside IV or letting her live... so I killed her even though I wanted to let her live.

Thana would be an awesome companion for the SI.

Unfortunately I had to choose between losing Darkside IV or letting her live... so I killed her even though I wanted to let her live.

Cant you just keep soloing black talon for 200(?) DS points per run if thats what you needed?

I sincerely hope that at some point in the future it will be possible to defect your faction.

Oh definitely. Id want that too.

Edited by Karkais

Please give SI's a companion that has an alignment we can change. It's their MO to manipulate others, turning Ashara would have made for great story content.

Why is it that Sith Warriors are the only class with a companion that can be influenced to dark or light? Sigh. Bioware, this is my only gripe. Please get on it.

In my opinion, we don't really have to turn her to the dark side. She just has to learn to hate me, so she can kill me one day, when I'm the emperor of the whole universe and take over my empire. Thats what Siths do...

In my opinion, we don't really have to turn her to the dark side. She just has to learn to hate me, so she can kill me one day, when I'm the emperor of the whole universe and take over my empire. Thats what Siths do...

Fatal flaw...

She's not a Sith. This is the issue.

Tbh, from questing with her, no, she can't go dark side, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. She becomes very "grey" when you gain more affection with her, adopting parts of the sith code as much as the jedi one, embracing her emotions more, seeing the flaws in the way she was taught. She doesn't become a fully evil char but that shouldn't stop anyone with dark alignment romancing her, in fact, it means those with light alignment can do so too. She's just very logical, and inquisitive, and as long as you are too, as well as being proactively helpful, regardless of how light or dark you are, you won't have a problem with her. I actually play a "grey" char and she fits him perfectly. :p

Ashara's dislikes are "fighting Jedi" and "random acts of cruelty"....the perfect companion for a Sith Lord! I was terribly frustrated by this quest line. They set it up in such a way as to make you believe her pride and ego will be tools you can use to manipulate her into turning to the dark side. I even ignored that little red triangle and opted not to shock her as I thought this was out of character for a SI attempting to turn a new apprentice. Then I got pigeon holed into three choices, all of which gave light side points! This was really frustrating as the intent had nothing to do with the light side, but rather manipulation and deceit.

The fact that she's basically a devoted Jedi who follows you around is clearly meant to cater to those who want to be the "light side" Sith (which is an utter contradicion IMO). I agree that above all the other classes in the game, the SI should be about turning others to the dark side.

Lame, lame, lame.

Ashara's dislikes are "fighting Jedi" and "random acts of cruelty"....the perfect companion for a Sith Lord! I was terribly frustrated by this quest line. They set it up in such a way as to make you believe her pride and ego will be tools you can use to manipulate her into turning to the dark side. I even ignored that little red triangle and opted not to shock her as I thought this was out of character for a SI attempting to turn a new apprentice. Then I got pigeon holed into three choices, all of which gave light side points! This was really frustrating as the intent had nothing to do with the light side, but rather manipulation and deceit.

The fact that she's basically a devoted Jedi who follows you around is clearly meant to cater to those who want to be the "light side" Sith (which is an utter contradicion IMO). I agree that above all the other classes in the game, the SI should be about turning others to the dark side.

Lame, lame, lame.

I took the assassin approach I simply convinced her to murder the last assassin it was neither light or dark and at the end telling her to become sith was the dark option at the end of that little scrap you see the dark aura on her and everything! hell she even said the darkness felt great! I did not even shock her once during that conversation. After all that it seemed that she was going to fall but nope never happend it feels like a cop out to me. ; /

I agree as well. I was very frustrated by the quest line and the overall outcome of this companion. SI is the master of manipulation and deceit, and turning a Jedi to the dark side should be a key component of the story line.

Bioware should revisit this Jedi companion because as it stands now it isn't true to the class and frankly isn't fun.

I took the assassin approach I simply convinced her to murder the last assassin it was neither light or dark and at the end telling her to become sith was the dark option at the end of that little scrap you see the dark aura on her and everything! hell she even said the darkness felt great! I did not even shock her once during that conversation. After all that it seemed that she was going to fall but nope never happend it feels like a cop out to me. ; /

Oops, thought I was in a different thread and double posted :/ That's cool you got that effect with those choices. I was going the deceptive route of endearing to her and playing to the ego similar to Palpatine's approach w/ Anakin. I think I over-thought it. Either way, the fact that after all that you still didn't get her to go ds is disappointing.

@OP agree.

What is a light sides Jedi doing on my Inquisitor ship when I'm dark V??? The way you meet her as a dark sided sith is trying to turn her to the dark side. You even say quote: 'Now you become Sith'. As a dark side sith you say alot of these things. Trying to convince her. But what happens??? She is just staying the way she is and theres nothing you can do about it...because shes a mad lady. Why do I want her in my team when she is Light side when I am Dark V and cannot make her turn dark side??? BioWare where is your moral in this.

Edited by DeathHenk

@OP agree.

What is a light sides Jedi doing on my Inquisitor ship when I'm dark V??? The way you meet her as a dark sided sith is trying to turn her to the dark side. You even say quote: 'Now you become Sith'. As a dark side sith you say alot of these things. Trying to convince her. But what happens??? She is just staying the way she is and theres nothing you can do about it...because shes a mad lady. Why do I want her in my team when she is Light side when I am Dark V and cannot make her turn dark side??? BioWare where is your moral in this.

I was shocked when I found out you cannot corrupt her considering how conflicted ashara is then I played the sith warrior.... i was gob smacked that the sith warrior does a better of job of manipulator than the inquisitor HELL the sith warrior can be even MORE manipulative in their story they can mess with jedi's heads and they make jedi fall to the dark side left right and center. It seems that the person who wrote the sith warrior story is simply a better writer than the person who wrote the SI one.

We need the person who did the sith warrior story to help with the expansion story of the SI I said HELP with the story not write it cause overall I have to say even the bounty hunter story is better that the SI story overall.

As I said, she's not light. She's grey. Very grey. Many of the things she -does- approve of are quite horrific really. Hell, recently it's even become the case that on a few light/dark choices, -both- will give me positive affection.

Fact of the matter is, over time she does get more and more grey, trying to hold onto her Jedi beliefs while she slowly but surely has to concede how stupidly and blindly most of them are followed. I think it's really well done, no sudden fall but a gradual corruption over time, if you can call it that. I'm currently around 7k affection and she's now pretty much convinced that the Jedi are just as stupid as the Sith, she's in a complete middle ground, and frankly I haven't actively tried to make her darker, the option could be there.

To be honest, she fits both alignments really well, and all this crying about not being able to fully convert her is just plain silly in my honest opinion. You can still be very evil without random acts of cruelty, it's the difference between lawful and chaotic evil, if you're familiar with D&D. She doesn't like fighting Jedi, fine, you can exclude her from that. Rational thought and secrets of the force, the things she likes, can fit into an evil character just as well as a good one, it just means you need to be less of a mindless tyrant and more of a methodical, intellectual killer, who uses logic and reason to justify his motives. It's not hard, and considering we're inquisitors, we're meant to be the cunning, intelligent, forward thinking ones.

Fact is, there's plenty of ways to work her into your story whichever alignment you choose, and if you're not willing to do that, well, sucks to be you. But don't blame Bioware for a lack of compatibility, because it's frankly not true. Best advice I can give is to start thinking of yourself as an agent of the Empire rather than a purely self-serving git and she'll love you. If your RP doesn't fit that, well, you're screwed, but it's not written -anywhere- that she -has- to love you regardless.

Edited by Dionius

It does not matter if she is grey or not if you knew of the sith teachings and the sith religion all force users who don't covert to the dark side fully are to be destroyed. All those jedi that you captured at the end of balmorra? Darth lachris hands them over to darth marr to be converted to the dark side NOT GREY NOT LIGHT they are going to be converted to the DARK SIDE.

If you are playing a character that serve's the will of the dark side or sticks with the sith religion and teachings having her grey is not good enough and having her as she is when your character is dark 5 does not make much sense since dark 5 characters are pretty much immersed themselves in the dark side fully and I don't think those kind of people would keep around someone who is still wavering they would make sure she falls competely.

Lets not forget even zash herself says that ashara can hardly be considered a sith as she is now people here want to change that. Thats just how I see it you are free to disagree. Remember we are asking for the CHOICE to allow us to make her fall to the dark side thats all.

Edited by lokdron

Ya know, I kind of like here the way she is...having just finished her storyline...she is an interesting character and probablymy favorite companion. I really hope they add more storyline with her later on....actually I'm waiting for her to end up with a "Hey, i don't know how to tell you this....I'm pregnant"...

It does not matter if she is grey or not if you knew of the sith teachings and the sith religion all force users who don't covert to the dark side fully are to be destroyed. All those jedi that you captured at the end of balmorra? Darth lachris hands them over to darth marr to be converted to the dark side NOT GREY NOT LIGHT they are going to be converted to the DARK SIDE.

If you are playing a character that serve's the will of the dark side or sticks with the sith religion and teachings having her grey is not good enough and having her as she is when your character is dark 5 does not make much sense since dark 5 characters are pretty much immersed themselves in the dark side fully and I don't think those kind of people would keep around someone who is still wavering they would make sure she falls competely.

Lets not forget even zash herself says that ashara can hardly be considered a sith as she is now people here want to change that. Thats just how I see it you are free to disagree. Remember we are asking for the CHOICE to allow us to make her fall to the dark side thats all.

ya exactly, and in addition if she is grey and I mean very grey, why is she still Light side when I check her stats when she is on MY ship?? Just burn that witch already.

Ya know, I kind of like here the way she is...having just finished her storyline...she is an interesting character and probablymy favorite companion. I really hope they add more storyline with her later on....actually I'm waiting for her to end up with a "Hey, i don't know how to tell you this....I'm pregnant"...

Nice start. You are a good boy. Great fabbing material there bro. awww yeaahh.

Edited by DeathHenk

Personally, I think everyone needs to chill.

We have more coming with these characters. Not everything has to happen -now-. :D

They need to leave themselves somewhere to go, after all!

Edited by Tendrin

i too was terribly dissapointed when i learned ashara could not be turned...

i was about to spend a fortune to upgrade her clothing and lightsabers but now she is stuck on the ship to do missions and i will keep andro with me .. as i level my sis with my hubbies sw jugger i dont need khem to tank for me.. though granted if i was questing and leveling alone i would have khem fully tanked out etc :) .. anyways

we can live in hope that they wil do more with ashara cause for me personally it was like * ok give ashara this awesome lead up to get with the sith and then close th ebook and leave it at that.. With the sw being able to twist their companion ya would have thought the Sith Inq would be able to do the same .

I am with the rest that say please make ashara *turnable* for those that want it to happen .. fairs fair to both sides..

i'l probably get flamed but meh it happens in forums

Edited by Mastersdiamond

We had a similar thread on the Beta forums and I'm sure many with me still think it's a sad part that our only Apprentice is not turnable to the dark side.

Running around with a Lightside crybaby when you are "Darkside 5" yourself is annoying and laughable, hardly think it's fair. Either give us an option what side she will belong to or make her turnable in some way.

Maybe that she gains Darkside points the same time we do? (Perhaps at a lower rate?)

Well i personally hope they add it both ways , im a light side character and also wants to be able to turn my companions light side.

I don't know why people would want thana she is bloody dumb and gets in your way during the taris quest line I will kill her every single time. After looking at Ashara various companion conversations if we can turn her to the dark side I imagine she will be like darth vader.