So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

What if the bodies not dead but wounded?

what do you mean ? If a body is wounded...it mean the person is still alive usually . Vaylin has no way to return to her body . Those who are capable to do so...are often Sith lord who made preparation before hand and did some kind of ritual in case something happen . Even with her high level of power , I don't know if that is possible (and we don't know if she would want that either ) . If she cling to life , she may want to stay a force Ghost where she will be more free then with a body .

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do you mean ? If a body is wounded...it mean the person is still alive usually . Vaylin has no way to return to her body . Those who are capable to do so...are often Sith lord who made preparation before hand and did some kind of ritual in case something happen . Even with her high level of power , I don't know if that is possible (and we don't know if she would want that either ) . If she cling to life , she may want to stay a force Ghost where she will be more free then with a body .

<Sobs> Just like Darth Marr!!

Edit: Nevermind. I'm not sure where I was going with this.

How does Senya get involved in the fight if she dies on Voss? (DS)

Edited by Paulsutherland
Confused myself.

Well..., Vaylin is already dead, and what became of her spirit - is unclear, but here is what I was talking about if the developers can expand the choice in KotET,, if you give the option to save the changes ( would for example the save function of choice, when preprohormone heads optional) of your choice... indeed, over time, even on difficulty veteran be bored. If they did more the plot moves, it would be much more interesting... Personally, I saw only one choice that mattered was to kill Senya and Arcann or help them - in other cases, the particular choice did not matter and the course of events is not affected, only the dialogues were varied, even with Lana did not really flirt((( so I say, maybe we should create a suggestion for the developers so they can extend KotET?

Go for it. :)

Well, Revan survived getting either shot or impaled by four Imperials, and Calphayus survived(at least initially) a full blown assault on the Dread Palace. Anything can happen. :p

Don't forget Vitiate, the father of Vaylin. She has potential to live on in some form.

What about a different approach? I'm starting to linger towards redeeming her would be next to impossible.

What about the option to side with her? Going back to chapter 8, you've just defeated Vaylin in a fight, instead of blindly listening to Valkorian, what of instead we give her what she wants? (This would only work with Senya and Arcaan) Why not side with her and turn against Senya and Arcaan?

Valkorian could then arrive at the end and smack the pair around leaving Vaylin injured allow Valkorian to leech onto her mind while simultaneously demoralising Vaylin's troops and sending the fleet back to Zakuul.

Chapter 9 could then proceed as it does with Theron and Lana but before your speech you have Vaylin approach you asking is her father is truly dead.

I think Vaylin is trapped inside the holocron. Since she's powerful force creature and she's still crazy, I think there's a possibility she could still be alive. There's no closure to her relationship with Senya too.

I rather not have her spirit inside my head. Not again.

What about a different approach? I'm starting to linger towards redeeming her would be next to impossible.

What about the option to side with her? Going back to chapter 8, you've just defeated Vaylin in a fight, instead of blindly listening to Valkorian, what of instead we give her what she wants? (This would only work with Senya and Arcaan) Why not side with her and turn against Senya and Arcaan?

Valkorian could then arrive at the end and smack the pair around leaving Vaylin injured allow Valkorian to leech onto her mind while simultaneously demoralising Vaylin's troops and sending the fleet back to Zakuul.

Chapter 9 could then proceed as it does with Theron and Lana but before your speech you have Vaylin approach you asking is her father is truly dead.

It may be worthwhile to try to do so:

1 (Senya and Arcann If still alive) to give 2 choices -

LS - Stun Vaylin , and to offer her to surrender or something like that, say it about the manipulation Valk and that everything is going according to his plan, and Arcann had to kill, because it wanted Valk to be less of a problem with his re-ascension to the throne (here it would be possible brother and mother to connect to the conversation, they explained to her).

DS - Just to kill her (as was intended)

2 (If Senya and Arcann were killed earlier) to give 2 choices -

LS - to Offer Vaylin to unite to destroy Valkorion and share the Eternal reign of the Empire (seriously, Vaylin said it does not need a throne, but only the power that it deserves)

DS - to Kill her (since dead brother and mother, she will join them)

Maybe if Dramath was released , he would explain that if Vaylin could kill the alien, then Valk would still like to reclaim the throne

it would be nice if it influenced the development of events is more than just a temporary companion helper in the end

Edited by Blackvinils

Hey people, I'm going to write a suggestion to the developers regarding the expansion of choices and diversity in KotET. I'm sure not only I would like to see the addon more varied (of course there are epic and pretty funny moments, but also have something to add) since we are talking about Vaylin, I will write about a way to save her, or kill her, but please write what you would like to add in KotET. After some time, I'll try to write this suggestion (I hope the developers will consider it) Thanks for understanding

(many of you know, where you can send a suggestion to the developers noticed, if you know, please write) ;)

Edited by Blackvinils

Hey people, I'm going to write a suggestion to the developers regarding the expansion of choices and diversity in KotET. I'm sure not only I would like to see the addon more varied (of course there are epic and pretty funny moments, but also have something to add) since we are talking about Vaylin, I will write about a way to save her, or kill her, but please write what you would like to add in KotET. After some time, I'll try to write this suggestion (I hope the developers will consider it) Thanks for understanding

(many of you know, where you can send a suggestion to the developers noticed, if you know, please write) ;)

I think the biggest counterargument you'll come across is why would she listen to the player? Dark Side if you back stab Arcaan and Senya to her I imagine would be easier than anything light side related.

Though I'll admit I want to go back to the Dyson Sphere.

I think the biggest counterargument you'll come across is why would she listen to the player? Dark Side if you back stab Arcaan and Senya to her I imagine would be easier than anything light side related.

Though I'll admit I want to go back to the Dyson Sphere.

How about these options?:

If Senya and Arcann alive:

LS - to Kill Vaylin

DS - to Kill Senya and Arcann

If Senya and Arcann dead:

LS - Not to kill Vaylin (to stun her, so she stopped using force

DS - Kill Vaylin

I thought depending , alive or not Senya and Arcann Senya and Arcann, it would be possible to see 2 variations - light and dark Vaylin (change the eye color, and maybe hair)

Edited by Blackvinils

how about?:

If Senya and Arcann alive:

LS - to Kill Vaylin

DS - to Kill Senya and Arcann

If Senya and Arcann dead:

LS - Not to kill Vaylin (to stun her, so she stopped using force

DS - Kill Vaylin

okay next part ... If we do indeed save Vaylin. Why would the Eternal Fleet go into rampage mode? I could get behind her losing her rage upon killing her mother/brother. She might be 'happy'.

Edited by Paulsutherland

okay next part ... If we do indeed save Vaylin. Why would the Eternal Fleet go into rampage mode? I could get behind her losing her rage upon killing her mother/brother. She might be 'happy'.

Perhaps the Fleet can be related to the fact that it has been modified after Iokath, Vaylin to use a droid from the planet in order to change the leadership of the fleet, but initially the droid was hostile.. maybe he has somehow changed the behavior of the Captain's GEMINI? What if SCORPIO keep alive - she uploads his consciousness into the Eternal Fleet and decided to use it?

Thus, you could leave Vaylin alive provided that Arcann and Senya were killed, and SCORPIO was left alive and "free" and , the selection associated with SKORPIO on Iokath would have more significant implications...

Thus, it would be possible to have a unique companion, depending on the decisions ( Senya can be resurrected through the terminal on Odessen :) )

LS - Arcann

DS - Vaylin

What do you think about this?

Edited by Blackvinils

Anyone got any ideas on how Vaylin's conditioning ('Kneel before the Dragon of Zakuul') spread to Valkorian if she cured herself from said conditioning the chapter prior to the fight?

It didn't spread.

Valk was tired from us fighting him and we managed to take control of our mind back, once we had control "in here, I make the rules. In here, I am God!" pretty much took effect.

Perhaps the Fleet can be related to the fact that it has been modified after Iokath, Vaylin to use a droid from the planet in order to change the leadership of the fleet, but initially the droid was hostile.. maybe he has somehow changed the behavior of the Captain's GEMINI? What if SCORPIO keep alive - she uploads his consciousness into the Eternal Fleet and decided to use it?

Thus, you could leave Vaylin alive provided that Arcann and Senya were killed, and SCORPIO was left alive and "free"

Thus, the selection associated with SKORPIO on Iokath would have more significant implications...

what about ... if you kill her it would continue as it does. If she survived Valkorian is furious with you/her and does some space magic that takes her by surprise injuring her enough the Eternal chair thinks she's gone.

It didn't spread.

Valk was tired from us fighting him and we managed to take control of our mind back, once we had control "in here, I make the rules. In here, I am God!" pretty much took effect.

Oh okay... so it had nothing to do with Valkoran absorbing Vaylin? okay .. that makes sense. So it was just a battle of the minds with Senya/Arcaan and Vaylin jumping in?

Edited by Paulsutherland

As to Vaylin being redeemable, her wanting to be redeemed is irrelevant. With all the psychological damage, it's highly unlikely that she would ever consent to it herself, regardless of whether your in combat or not.

The comparison would be a real life crazy person. They're so broken that they're incapable of seeing that their broken, and thus will not seek out any psychological help. They're a danger to themself and others. At that point, were fully justified in locking them away in an psych ward (a good one, not that ******** on nathema) and forcing therapy on them regardless of their consent.

Where it gets different is that with a normal person, they can be restrained. Vaylin has the force and is exceptionally strong with it, and is also leading armies in conquest and destruction. So killing her, while unfortunate, is justifiable to even a jedi. She's not beyond redemption, but considering the situation, it would be foolish to try.

(For the record, I hope she sticks around as a ghost for a while so you can actually help her get better before passing on).

Well..

Are there any suggestions that you would add to KotET?

On the subject of Vaylin as a companion. The only way I could see her joining us is if we back stab Arcaan and Senya and grant her, her sole goal since we've met her. We help her kill Senya (and Arcaan).

You can only get Senya and Arcaan through making a LS choice. Vaylin could be the DS equivalent.

As for KOTFE itself ... More Lokath!

Edited by Paulsutherland

So they work on a story and a player doesn't like it, and you'll think they'll rewrite it because fans want them to?

Now that I saw Vaylin was going to be able to be saved im sad it got cut out, but yeahhh.... Fat chance!

Yes, I like options. How did they do it for mass effect?

They went back and extended upon the final battle/endings of Mass Effect 3.

(Edit: I wasn't among the mob who played it when it first came out, so I don't know what the original ending was like)

Edited by Paulsutherland