Empress Acina Armor (and weapon)

SerraShar

It look so awesome ! Please ! the full Armor ! + Lightsaber while you are at it !

Can you release it ? Hopefully with dye options . Cose that's half the fun , so we don't look alike :D

Thank you !

For the lightsabre, open the companions/contacts window ("N"), and scroll down to her, and you will see a little button that allows you to reclaim her gear, meaning her weapon.

But yeah, it's a nice armour set. Want. Please.

For the lightsabre, open the companions/contacts window ("N"), and scroll down to her, and you will see a little button that allows you to reclaim her gear, meaning her weapon.

But yeah, it's a nice armour set. Want. Please.

whatta mean ? like when you have her as a companion ? Hum.......and her weapon is only used by assassin .

I try that when I play mine , Thanx !

For once, this is one of those armor sets that I hope the player base doesn't ever get their hands on.

Maybe I'm weird that way, but I feel like I appreciate an NPC more when they're unique. Besides, it's nice to have things you want but can't have, in a weird way.

Yeesh, I'm not making much sense. I suppose It's hard to explain.

For once, this is one of those armor sets that I hope the player base doesn't ever get their hands on.

Maybe I'm weird that way, but I feel like I appreciate an NPC more when they're unique. Besides, it's nice to have things you want but can't have, in a weird way.

I get it..but just cose you feel that way , you shouldn't ruin everyone fun :p GIMME THAT ARMOR! IT look soooo goood !

I wouldn't mind an Acina companion too (you technically can get her as one if you leave Chapter 2 during the middle of it). But that would probably go the way of the Satele Shan companion request (who I also want as a comp).

They'd both make good subscriber rewards as comps, like Shae Viszla, IMO.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I wouldn't mind an Acina companion too (you technically can get her as one if you leave Chapter 2 during the middle of it). But that would probably go the way of the Satele Shan companion request (who I also want as a comp).

~ Eudoxia

I don't see why they couldn't make Satele a comp now (what is she even doing now?). I mean, we now have Mandalore running around with us (I kind of want to level a BH and use Shae the whole time for the lolz).

I think Acina would have to be dethroned before she joined the Alliance as a companion. It could happen as I'm sure there are plenty of Sith/Imperials that don't like her, especially more conservative ones. I do really like Acina but I don't think I want her as a companion simply because I think she makes a more interesting Sith Empress. I think the storyline will go back to focusing on conflicts between the Sith Empire and Republic with the 'Eternal Alliance' (I hate that name) either trying to mediate and bring peace or dominate them both (or maybe you can favor one over the other). Acina would play a big role in that but not so much if she's just another companion.

I do like her armor, but would never wear it since I don't want to look like other NPCs.

Edited by stuffystuffs

I don't see why they couldn't make Satele a comp now (what is she even doing now?). I mean, we now have Mandalore running around with us (I kind of want to level a BH and use Shae the whole time for the lolz).

I think Acina would have to be dethroned before she joined the Alliance as a companion. It could happen as I'm sure there are plenty of Sith/Imperials that don't like her, especially more conservative ones.

Whatever's going on with Satele Shan, I'm positive it's something to do with the "will of the Force." I feel like she and Marr are going to henceforth be the heralds of "whatever expansion comes next."

As to Acina, as I've noted elsewhere, it feels like the only person in the Sith Empire with the right combination of charisma, patience, personal power, and political influence to dethrone her is Darth Vowrawn (though, honestly, I'm really happy with her being in charge - I think she was a very solid pick for the new ruler of the Empire).

I also hope that they will release it sooner or later, WITHOUT the usual simplification and ugly addons.

Was really disappointed that the Vaylin-inspired armor set got so much modified that it barely resembles to the original one.

So yeah, would be nice to have, especially those above-thigh-high boots with the black base and armoring.

Getting a bit bored with Satele's boots on many of my female toons and no alternative since ages. :D

• 1 month later...

I felt the same way about Satele Shan's armor set, I mean she is the leader of the Jedi, why should anyone look as awesome as her? Then they came out with it, well a "version" of it. The one we can wear is an ugly green you definitely need to use a dyte mod on but you can never get it to look like the beautiful brown armor she actually wears.

le sigh!

~ Eudoxia

You can do that?? I did the same thing with Darth Marr..he is now The personal slave of my Healer Sage FOREVER! HAHAHA!!!

Edited by CrownofGold

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I actually have a Darth Acina page too, in addition to my Zash page, there you can find my take on in game armor that looks near what her proper armor looks like

"The Adventures of Darth Acina" in FB search

In saying that, you remember the Dread Master briefing that "Darth" Acina gives you ? That armor she wears in that, I understand you can now get that from a fleet vendor ? As I saw a pic from a cut scene the other day, and the player was wearing the armor

My basic attitude is that I'd rather see unique looks for PCs than simply giving them looks from NPCs. I'm far more likely to spend CC or accumulate and spend millions of creds for something original, than to look like a character I met in a quest specifically... unless there is some compelling reason why there might be overlap. There are a few cases like say a "Red Blade" set being worn by an Imp agent where it makes a weird kind of thematic sense.

I DO have some NPC-based armor like the Thana Vesh set, but the weird thing is my characters don't use it to cosplay as her or anything, I simply wanted specific pieces in trying to accomplish more unique looks, in the case of that one it was about the footwear.

Oh and a couple of weird points for those who want to praise the Omnimessiah for this great wall of text:

#1: I think the SWTOR artists need to spend more time on creating good looks for male characters. I won't say there are none, but I think the artists spend far more time on "Space Barbie" than "Space Ken". It seems to me that almost all the good male looks usually involve some pretty heavy armor and such. If you want to make a Sith Inquisitor who is a real pretty boy but still looks like one it's much harder to do IMO than with the female version.

Pretty much all of my favorite male characters, including my inquisitor, all look like walking tanks. The exception being my sage healer who wears the Enigmatic hero set (which I used straight up), I love all the details on that one, and it amuses me to have a mask while being extremely non-Sith-like. I switched over to him using it at an appropriate plot point as well (coming out of nowhere to fight the Eternal Empire after being rescued on Zakuul).

#2: Conversely I think SWTOR needs to just bite the bullet in making some outright sexy costumes, beyond the dancer outfits and such which I think are fairly ridiculous in many cases. At this point its pretty obvious what people do in this game, and nothing is going to get around it, as the game will need to do more and more to remain financially viable and survive I think they need to produce what people want rather than abiding by whatever weird code was holding the artists back so far.

Now I am not going to get into what I may or may not do, but I will say even most of my Sith tend to be good guys (though obviously I've played bad to see things from that side). That said just walking around fleet I can't go a day without seeing examples of "companion humiliation" with people dragging around slave girls or whatever. Love it or hate it, does fit the setting (especially on imp side), and I've seen it done with both male and female characters, and even male and female players. This is part of your player base.

At this point I think there would be a market for some late game "companion emotes" allowing people to say make their companion submit, perhaps some kind of modified tuning to put them on a leash, or given the fascination with Vette's shock collar, maybe even a buyable "shock companion" emote or something. We can all guess what would happen here but it would bring in money, and to be honest I don't think you'd notice much difference with what's already going on, it would just be a bit flashier at times.... and yeah, it should be co-ed, because I've noticed female players (unless they fake really well on voice chat) who seem to be amused by the same stuff.

I guess the point of the glorious holy text wall is, that as nice as Empress Acina's stuff is, if it's not obtainable already (I get the impression it is right now) I don't think it should be a priority. I think as dev winds down (even if there are going to be more expansions) there should be some focus on what will sell, so the game can go out on as high a financial note as possible and perhaps one day lead to another Star Wars MMORPG, and at the same time give some of the core player base what they obviously wanted in the 11th hour where it will have minimal impact on the perception of the game itself.

If what I've heard about the licensing for the game is true, I expect it to be arouind roughly another 2 years (10 year run) I'm not sure if it will survive after that even if it's making money due to the ownership of the rights. I seem to remember when the game was being developed discussions about how the game was not set up to run eternally, when the subject of possible lifetime subscriptions (which never manifested obviously) was brought up. I expect it to be even messier if some of the rumors about Disney selling Star Wars are true (apparently they made money on ticket sales, but actually wanted the merch sales, and have lost even more on that... which is why there is so little swag in mainstream stores, even their own Disney Stores, despite a successful TV show and an upcoming movie... while regional managers of retail stores don't know anything, I found it interesting to hear someone like that say his bosses are telling them that they are moving away from Star Wars and that's why I couldn't find anything)