The worst looking ship in star wars history.

Teriaon

Now we can all agree I think that starwars has some hits and misses when it comes to ship design. But is there really anything that tops the Gravestone? its just a huge monolith of ugly, and somehow maneges, in starwars to look so impractically designed as to pull you right out of the story

Speak for yourself, the gravestone is one heck of a warship on the outside. The inside however is just a random crappy mess. The bridge and lounge are cool but the rest of it is all these random hallways & sealed rooms. reminds me of that ghost ship darth sion was controlling in kotor 2.

Now we can all agree I think that starwars has some hits and misses when it comes to ship design. But is there really anything that tops the Gravestone? its just a huge monolith of ugly, and somehow maneges, in starwars to look so impractically designed as to pull you right out of the story

Yep, i agree with you. It would have even looked better if it just looked like an eternal empire warship but with some changes. it would also make sense.

Yep, i agree with you. It would have even looked better if it just looked like an eternal empire warship but with some changes. it would also make sense.

It only makes sense if you assume the same race that build the Eternal Fleet built the Gravestone. The internal halls have a completely different look as well.

I don't think they were

The Fairwind from "Jedi vs. Sith"

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d9/Woodenbattleship.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20071205061200

There's nothing worse as far as I'm concerned.

The whole Jedi Vs. Sith comic is actually amazing. It comes from before the prequels, so all people had to work with from Lucas was the idea of 'Jedi Knights'. That, combined with Obi-Wan in the OT talking about how technology had gotten worse/changed, as well as a few other fluff things, made a writer somehow decide 'Ah, yes, the Jedi Knights, who fly on metal galleons through space, and abide by knightly codes to defend the weak'.

The whole fact that for awhile that was the canon 'pre-OT' idea, approved by Lucas, is hilarious.

The whole Jedi Vs. Sith comic is actually amazing. It comes from before the prequels, so all people had to work with from Lucas was the idea of 'Jedi Knights'. That, combined with Obi-Wan in the OT talking about how technology had gotten worse/changed, as well as a few other fluff things, made a writer somehow decide 'Ah, yes, the Jedi Knights, who fly on metal galleons through space, and abide by knightly codes to defend the weak'.

The whole fact that for awhile that was the canon 'pre-OT' idea, approved by Lucas, is hilarious.

It was made in 2001, so two years after TPM, and it also followed "Tales of the Jedi" (Which has silly things such as space castles made of rock) where more advanced technology already similar to the OT was available and widely used.

But then to each his own, I love fantasy but it just felt so off to have harpies, centaurs, bows and arrows, flying boats and all that in Star Wars. I just doesn't work for me. The storyline itself isn't bad, especially once reworked by Drew Karpyshyn for the Darth Bane books.

Edited by Leklor

Nothing can beat that. I mean, it looks like an old timey sailing ship....

WHY?!

My guess is that they were to focused on wondering if they could get away with that instead of thinking wheter or not they should even want to.

The Gravestone is hideous.

I love it.

I'll gladly take the Gravestone any day of the week.

Looks do not concern me. Results do. Is my ship destroying the other ship? If the answer is yes, then I'm happy.

I have to agree there. Looks are secondary to results. One question to answer: does the ship blow crap up? yes? Perfect. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.