Sorry Bioware, but it was a bad first day for us, the players*

chrisishere

If your metric for a successful launch is lag and server stability then they get 10/10

If your metric for measuring a successful launch is how much enjoyment vs grievance players experience - then this is an appalling launch

Enjoyment wise. 90% of the players haven't been able to play, so 1/10.

Grievance wise. No matter how much you dislike peoples reasons - you can't argue that there have been a HUGE number of very dissatisfied customers on these forums - and its safe to assume many times that many not posting on these forums.

So, no, I would say not a great launch day, infact worse than any other recent mmo

*obvious I mean 'players' in a metaphorical sense...

Edited by chrisishere

If your metric for a successful launch is lag and server stability then they get 10/10

If your metric for measuring a successful launch is how much enjoyment vs grievance players experience - then this is an appalling launch

Grievance wise. No matter how much you dislike peoples reasons - you can't argue that there have been a HUGE number of very dissatisfied customers on these forums - and its safe to assume many times that not posting on these forums.

So, no, I would say not a great launch day, infact worse than any other recent mmo

99% of the disatisfied are those who pre-ordered later than July 21st and didn't get in today ... I bet you're one of them

I would agree with you. This launch was horrible. The worst I have ever been a part of, and I have played mmo's since "The Realm" back in the early 90's.

I'm ashamed I thought and spoke so highly of this game. This has me reeling in a corner.

99% of the disatisfied are those who pre-ordered later than July 21st and didn't get in today ... I bet you're one of them

The justification for annoyance is irrelevant. Annoying your customers who paid you to be entertained is bad - be it through server troubles or your customers not understanding what the * meant in your advertising campaign.

Your upset customers is your problem.

Grievance wise. No matter how much you dislike peoples reasons - you can't argue that there have been a HUGE number of very dissatisfied customers on these forums - and its safe to assume many times that many not posting on these forums.

First day is Dec 20th.

Every one of the 7 early days is a privilege, not a right.

This is so true. f measured by community satisfaction, this launch is a failure. I wonder how many people have all ready decided not to play as a result.

technically release date is the 20th, so technically no one should be in at all. They've said from the beginning that this early access was to allow people in gradually. aka, rather than having people trample over each other to get through a door until that door is full of dead bodies they insisted people form an orderly line

Greetings Everyone!

We understand that you are all eagerly awaiting access to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. If you would like to continue this discussion, please visit the following thread: Final Wave Sent! to discuss how Early Access was implemented on day one. Thank You!

For any further questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to leave us feedback at bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com