Please let me romance Vaylin.

EnmaAii

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charles already said Vaylin will not be a romance option. Her voice actress even went a step further during the New York Comic Con Cantina event and said Vaylin would "eat you alive." While I understand the prospects of having a romantic relationship with a mentally unstable and psychotic empress may be appealing to some, I definitely cannot see how BioWare would be able to justify or rationalize that from a storytelling perspective. It's one thing to redeem and save Vaylin, but it's something entirely different to romance her after all of the terrible things she's done. It makes about as much sense as romancing Arcann, and he probably doesn't even have any lips under that mask.

Charles already said Vaylin will not be a romance option. Her voice actress even went a step further during the New York Comic Con Cantina event and said Vaylin would "eat you alive." While I understand the prospects of having a romantic relationship with a mentally unstable and psychotic empress may be appealing to some, I definitely cannot see how BioWare would be able to justify or rationalize that from a storytelling perspective. It's one thing to redeem and save Vaylin, but it's something entirely different to romance her after all of the terrible things she's done. It makes about as much sense as romancing Arcann, and he probably doesn't even have any lips under that mask.

I don't want to romance a mentally unstable and psychotic empress. But she can be healed. Since we decide Arcann's fate, I guess he can be healed, too.

Also, ppl could romance DS Jaesa, so...

I don't want to romance a mentally unstable and psychotic empress. But she can be healed.

So it's less a matter of "romancing Vailyn" and more just "someone who looks like Vailyn"? 'cause you can basically accomplish the same thing by sticking Kira or Jaesa or someone into a Wicked Huntress armor set.

As it is, I find the whole Vailyn romance idea kind of...creepy. Emotionally, she's got the maturity level of maybe a 9-year-old. She won't "eat you alive" as her VA apparently claimed because she's some sort of cunning femme fatale, she'll do it because you have cooties. And really even if she were "healed", there's not some mature personality trapped on the inside being suppressed, if she were "redeemed" and convinced not to act like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, she's still not going to be helped by someone making suggestive eyebrow wiggles in her direction.

So it's less a matter of "romancing Vailyn" and more just "someone who looks like Vailyn"? 'cause you can basically accomplish the same thing by sticking Kira or Jaesa or someone into a Wicked Huntress armor set.

As it is, I find the whole Vailyn romance idea kind of...creepy. Emotionally, she's got the maturity level of maybe a 9-year-old. She won't "eat you alive" as her VA apparently claimed because she's some sort of cunning femme fatale, she'll do it because you have cooties. And really even if she were "healed", there's not some mature personality trapped on the inside being suppressed, if she were "redeemed" and convinced not to act like a Saturday morning cartoon villain, she's still not going to be helped by someone making suggestive eyebrow wiggles in her direction.

I can't explain perfectly, but I try to look behind the psychopath and see her uncorrupted persona and it appeals to me. Maybe you are right, maybe not. One can hope.

Won't ever happen, especially after yesterday's stream. Even if she were to be defeated, and no longer be evil, I don't see her as the"let's settle down" and I'll follow you around type in the slightest.

Not that I oppose the idea:rak_03:

Edited by Eshvara

JasonThDi maybe it is necessary to take away from her lightsabers at first

and then to try

She's not great at physical combat, you'd have to take away her lightsaber, sever her from the force, remove whatever brainwashing Valkorion applied and then try. But then she's probably in shock and unable to even give it even half a thought.

No dice!

I actually made a thread like this a couple weeks ago. I just wanted to romance Vaylin for my DS jugg. They would be the perfect match because they are both bat***t crazy.

But now that I think about it, they'd probably just end up killing each other. Would be a good thing for the galaxy.

Romancing Vaylin has the same problem of romancing Thana Vesh: it would be nice for a (very short) time, but you'll end up dead. Kinda romancing Morinth on Mass Effect 2.

Applying the wisdom of that nameless soldier from Hoth: "Unless you want to wake up with a knife in your back, I'd stay away from that lot.". In Vaylin's case, a lightsaber.