PvP queue pops getting longer 5.0

TrixxieTriss

Has anyone else noticed that queue pops are getting longer since Bio started releasing what changes will be in 5.0?

I know I've cut back playing because of my apathy towards the gearing changes. Considering I've gone from playing 3-6 hours nearly every day since launch, to playing about 2 times a week, totalling about 5 hours in total, isn't good.

When I do login, the pop times seem to be getting longer and longer, and that is on Harbinger. I know not playing myself would have a minimal impact on the pop times, but if lots of other people are feeling the way I do, then all those minimal "impacts" will have a real impact on pop times.

What's happening on other servers?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

No, you got that all wrong.

Forcing people to grind old content they don't want to do only to be rewarded with random loot boxes that might or might not contain something you need so you can finally (after the grind) be equipped for PvP - this will improve q times. The mental giants at BioWare HQ have figured it all out - don't be such a doom sayer, dis gonna b gud.

Take me for instance. For me the q times in 5.0 have already become completely irrelevant. Well, q time problem solved! Mission accomplished I guess.

No, you got that all wrong.

Forcing people to grind old content they don't want to do only to be rewarded with random loot boxes that might or might not contain something you need so you can finally (after the grind) be equipped for PvP - this will improve q times. The mental giants at BioWare HQ have figured it all out - don't be such a doom sayer, dis gonna b gud.

Take me for instance. For me the q times in 5.0 have already become completely irrelevant. Well, q time problem solved! Mission accomplished I guess.

Nicely put :D

I actually do think that the fact that people soon can get PvE-Equip by doing PvP might improve q-times. Just an assumption, I wouldn't take a bet. That the opposite might happen is an assumption as well, so lets just wait for 5.0 and analyse it then.

At the moment I see that q-times are getting worse, too. Which is why was promoting another character transfer sale or server merger on this forum already...

Edited by Bobby_McDonald

Yeah, yeah. We have to "wait and see." Because it's impossible to analyze the situation using the available info just yet. The command XP gain by PvPing is known. (Hint: you can play PvP for an entire year on a single toon and still be nowhere near BiS). Command XP boosters on CM are confirmed (full P2Win). But we can't tell yet, men. Have to "wait and see." It's too early to judge etc.

Since I am not able to get to legendary level in the DvL event on The Progenitor (thanks to no one wanting to do HM FPs), I gave that up and instead level one char to 25 on every server in order to get some more crates (hoping that maybe I just receive one single item of interest for my collection; so far no luck with that though).

I can say that I have yet to get a single PvP pop on any American server. I might not be there at your prime time, but every char was queued for 60 to 90 minutes. And I thought that The Progenitor was in a bad shape. ;)

Yeah, yeah. We have to "wait and see." Because it's impossible to analyze the situation using the available info just yet. The command XP gain by PvPing is known. (Hint: you can play PvP for an entire year on a single toon and still be nowhere near BiS). Command XP boosters on CM are confirmed (full P2Win). But we can't tell yet, men. Have to "wait and see." It's too early to judge etc.

Okay I didn't know that the XP gain in comparison to PvE content is known already. Might have missed that. Can you give me a hint on where to find that information? Also about the cxp boost on CM?

I think they should reward a lot cxp for PvP and GSF because its short but challenging and I thought they want to fight long q-times!

The PTS versions get regularily datamined. I'm sure you can find it using a google search like "swtor 5.0 pts datamined" or something similar.

As far as I'm aware only the daily/weekly PvP quests will reward cXP. That means playing 4 wzs to complete the dailies and playing for 12h is exactly the same cxp-wise. Gonna improve q-times real good.

And that's why pvpers like myself are so disheartened about the changes. Sure pop times might seem to improve after 5;0 arrives, but how about pop times for now? Have people seen the queue pops getting longer?

The PTS versions get regularily datamined. I'm sure you can find it using a google search like "swtor 5.0 pts datamined" or something similar.

As far as I'm aware only the daily/weekly PvP quests will reward cXP. That means playing 4 wzs to complete the dailies and playing for 12h is exactly the same cxp-wise. Gonna improve q-times real good.

So they are really doing it that way. Was afraid of that.

And that's why pvpers like myself are so disheartened about the changes. Sure pop times might seem to improve after 5;0 arrives, but how about pop times for now? Have people seen the queue pops getting longer?

Lol, don't tell me you believe them about the hordes of new players flooding the servers :D

I was running my daily/weekly PvP quests on several characters a week....I stopped playing period now. I reinstalled last night only to log in, run one WZ and log out.

I've lost interest in the game (for now)...waiting for 5.0 and if its horrible then I will not renew my sub in mid December....

My guess is once they announced 5.0 changes and conversions for comms specifically PvP started to tank....No incentive to PvP, some folks leaving period and others just taking a break until 5.0 is live.......

That said I got a fairly quick pop on Harbinger last night...the one thing I did while I was on....match was awful.

Edited by Soljin

Nothing to do in this game. Someone quit coz 5.0 changes, some1 quit untill expansion to test it, some1 do another stuff coz PvP is boring and will be more boring with 5.0 and have no hope now dat derp/overheal meta will change. Every1 have their own reason. Edited by helpmewin

I was queueing like mad the beginning of this month to replace all my 204 gear with augmented 208 (the 204 pieces I have left are giving me 108% acc), but lately have lost steam as I read about 5.0.

It's like they're copying all the worst parts of WoW Legion with RNG gear, and removing PvP gear/vendors/currency. I have the founders title and came back just in time to quit for the same reasons I quit WoW. Incredible.

I've lost interest in the game (for now)...waiting for 5.0 and if its horrible then I will not renew my sub in mid December....

My guess is once they announced 5.0 changes and conversions for comms specifically PvP started to tank....No incentive to PvP, some folks leaving period and others just taking a break until 5.0 is live.......

Sounds like apathy to me. I was running multiple characters through daily / weekly PvP while levelling, however once they mentioned what was happening with the vendors / currencies I honestly don't see the point in bothering. It's not like I'm going to be able to gear any new characters if I tend to only PvP.

Sounds like apathy to me. I was running multiple characters through daily / weekly PvP while levelling, however once they mentioned what was happening with the vendors / currencies I honestly don't see the point in bothering. It's not like I'm going to be able to gear any new characters if I tend to only PvP.

Yeah pretty much same boat I'm floating in...Worst part is that if you really wanted to gear a character to "Prepare for 5.0 PvP is the worst possible way....I would not be surprised if HFPs and Operations have seen an increase...but it's surely a chaotic experience at best.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.