Repair Cost Increase

FlavivsAetivs

Hey Eric,

When we watched last week's livestream, many of us noticed that the guys from Bad Feeling podcast spent 40K on their repair bills after dying. Now, currently the average repair cost with nightmare-level gear is about 8-9K, so that's a pretty big increase, and operations do not give out very much money to compensate for the cost of running them already.

I am just asking to confirm if this is how much repair costs on gear is increasing, or if they had higher bills because of deaths from beforehand?

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

Hey Eric,

When we watched last week's livestream, many of us noticed that the guys from Bad Feeling podcast spent 40K on their repair bills after dying. Now, currently the average repair cost with nightmare-level gear is about 8-9K, so that's a pretty big increase, and operations do not give out very much money to compensate for the cost of running them already.

I am just asking to confirm if this is how much repair costs on gear is increasing, or if they had higher bills because of deaths from beforehand?

Thank You,

~ Eudoxia

Hmm that's weird. I have normal 36K+ repair bills on doing a couple wipes in HM FPs.

Doesnt sound that much higher than normal. And unless they're drastically reducing credit making opportunities, it's not even something to worry about.

Hmm that's weird. I have normal 36K+ repair bills on doing a couple wipes in HM FPs.

Doesnt sound that much higher than normal. And unless they're drastically reducing credit making opportunities, it's not even something to worry about.

He meant 40k, for one death, not multiple deaths. Not to mention... damn... you die 4 times in a hm fp run? I can understand if they were post vanilla ones but still... surely not all of them ... right :(.

He meant 40k, for one death, not multiple deaths. Not to mention... damn... you die 4 times in a hm fp run? I can understand if they were post vanilla ones but still... surely not all of them ... right :(.

I said a few times. On Lost Island (1st boss), Blood Hunt (1st Boss & last boss) & Rishi (last boss) before I got a competent group, yes, there was more than 4 wipes! lol (People have no idea how to play or gear for those. One tank or heals can't carry poor other team members, not to mention I was not in complete set bonus gear myself. Missing one or two pieces.)

That 40k for one death is going to discourage many players into trying anything though. But then that's what BW is wanting, so no more calls for New Operations. lol *smh*

I've honestly never paid attention to how much repairs cost. Credits fall like rain, what's 40k when I make that up in 15 minutes doing the Ord Mantell heroics?

Not everybody does heroics, not to mention this targets the wrong group of people. It doesn't target people who make 700k in 30 mins, it targets people who spend hours raiding who already had to sink costs into augmenting, gearing, and previous repairs. It is virtually impossible for four people to die in heroics too, so there not coughing up the big bucks.

I always thought that the cost of repairs was somehow tied to the level of gear you are wearing. Higher level gear = higher level repair costs? So if this is true and the gear level was raised with KotET then that could explain the increase? I dunno, just a quick guess.

I always thought that the cost of repairs was somehow tied to the level of gear you are wearing. Higher level gear = higher level repair costs? So if this is true and the gear level was raised with KotET then that could explain the increase? I dunno, just a quick guess.

224 gear 8k to 240 gear 40k is a big step up. Exactly the kind ove nuke bat bioware loves.

To be fair what it's going to do is make the decent players want to bail on pug groups a lot quicker, and discourage people from doing HM Revan or NiM because it's already expensive enough...

~ Eudoxia

Yup! Just one more hit to grouping...what the hell are they thinking?

Yup! Just one more hit to grouping...what the hell are they thinking?

I'm not sure "thinking" is the appropriate word, at this point. Either they're in panic mode, or the devs have completely lost all hope and they're just keeping their heads down and doing what the suits say. At any rate, something very weird is obviously going on at the management level. Their decision making process no longer shows any sign of logic.

I'm not sure "thinking" is the appropriate word, at this point. Either they're in panic mode, or the devs have completely lost all hope and they're just keeping their heads down and doing what the suits say. At any rate, something very weird is obviously going on at the management level. Their decision making process no longer shows any sign of logic.

Actually in a weird way it does.

This is their answer to all the yelling for "credit inflation in game is outrageous". This is how they answer it with that drastic, over swing of their nerf bat!

This is their answer to all the yelling for "credit inflation in game is outrageous". This is how they answer it with that drastic, over swing of their nerf bat!

Agreed.

While I feel that this game needs more credits sinks, this "solution" is not a good choice. Cut that 40k down to 20k and I would get on board.

IMO they need to reintroduced ability training costs. That was something they never should have removed in the first place. reduce the cost of? Yes, but not remove completely.

it might be 1 way of decreasing the insane inflation that the game has

with 5,0 nearly everything is gonna cost credits so that also will help with inflation

but back on point 40k credit repair honestly doesnt sound so bad but it might be for content that is harder then the current piss easy baby mode that we have now

IMO they need to reintroduced ability training costs. That was something they never should have removed in the first place. reduce the cost of? Yes, but not remove completely.

One time fees are awful sinks. Especially now that the game has gone alt hostile it's not going to have a measurable effect on the outstanding credit float.

Auto-training is part of the streamlining they felt necessary for their new target demographic of those that lack the motivation or mental capacity to learn how to tie shoes. Adding the fees back in would require people to go back to their trainers. Don't forget that BINO insists that vendors are "too difficult" for folks to manage.

That's the problem though, this credit repair increase is going to be affecting the wrong group of people, as it is virtually impossible to die with 3 other people doing heroics together. The only people who are going to be affected are those who actively participate in group content.

Another outlet to set biased metrics perhaps :rak_09:?

Well, there were people begging for more credit sinks, so let's all blame them and throw rocks at them.

(I'm joking, obviously... about the blame and rocks. But I can't help thinking there is a real increase and it's related to people begging for sinks. I want to believe it's just level related increase and the content payouts will offset it somehow, but my faith in that is zero after all the **** I've seen.)

This assumes that 40k in 5.0 is the same as 40k in 4.0.

Since the loss of one currency is sure to be supplemented (in some degree) with the other one, it's fair to assume the relative value of things (even before inflation) with shift. Otherwise every quest in the game that currently gives tokens as a reward may as well be removed if the only thing they do is take out the crystals and leave the xp and credit return the same.

Agreed.

While I feel that this game needs more credits sinks, this "solution" is not a good choice. Cut that 40k down to 20k and I would get on board.

I would rather they add repair costs to pvp. why should they escape them?