Level 65 with no advanced class in 5.0

ThomasStarWars

If they remove the base classes at worse it will corrupt the character but at best it will force the player to choose a advanced class before logging in.

This is what I expect. That there is a chance the character file could become corrupt and for it to become an unplayable mess needing to be deleted, or random other lovely bugs.

Level 65 with no advanced class in 5.0 - how will they handle that?

The real question is, what will happen to the characters that are already at 65 and haven't chosen an advanced class already.

Aren't these like exactly the same questions, just phrased ever so slightly differently??

This is what I expect. That there is a chance the character file could become corrupt and for it to become an unplayable mess needing to be deleted, or random other lovely bugs.

Hopefully they have not physically removed the class, just bypassing it with a script forcing you to change to a advanced class that way the classes data is still in the game meaning no corruption of characters.

This would be my assumption as well. In which case, *I* would not take chances and choose an AC before 5.0 hits

This would be my assumption as well. In which case, *I* would not take chances and choose an AC before 5.0 hits

I can just see it now.

"We apologize for any inconvenience this caused. Unfortunately, our engineers have looked at the problem and there is no way to fix it. To get around this problem, we suggest deleting your old character and making a new one."

Ok, maybe I'm being a tad overly cynical. They'd probably do this as well:

"We will be giving out an instant level 65 token to each person who lost a character through this bug."

I'm *guessing* it won't be an issue, since there could be chars level 1-9 who legitimately couldn't choose an AC, so they *should* have a process in place for that, and it would likely take extra effort to make it work for chars level 1-9 but *not* others (like level 65s). I'd be surprised if they do anything other than what they do for renames -- i.e., force you to choose before you can log in.

That said, I don't doubt BW's ability to stuff things up, so if you *know* you're going to have to change in 5.0, there's no reason (other than getting a few more weeks of trolling) not to just do it now. You can always just use the shared skills that belong with the other AC and say you're RPVPing or whatever if you *need* to be a douche :)

BTW, on a tangent, for those who play the "base class" characters, what currently happens when you get offered AC-specific loot (like Heroics / class missions/ etc.)? Just curious.

Honestly unless you are just returning after 5.0 hits you know this is coming. Why take the chance if you care for that alt at all? I wouldn't be surprised if this is something they haven't put much thought towards. I mean what kind of person purposefully keeps their character weak and weakens any potential group they join by not picking a class?

Outside of saying they did it I just don't see the appeal. As long as you are soloing it is fine and you are free to take your chances with the change.

I might be wrong but it sounds like there won't be a shadow for a consular just a consular? Am I right? or wrong? Either that or our 65's will be able to access the 3 options... Oh wait maybe it means my consular will be a shadow. Hmmm... Feel like it's the first day of school again... Edited by Desri

I created a instant 60 without choosing an advanced class. I admit that I was being a bit dim at the time, though it didn't force me to choose. I was allowed to play without any major issues. If I remember correctly I re-rolled when I discovered I didn't get the advanced gear when I finally chose my advanced class.

Now I would think with 5.0 that they would/should force you to choose during character creation so things work the way they intend.

Which brings up the question I have been pondering...How is this going to effect the story and missions that are based on the whole "choose your advanced class" aspect.

I created a instant 60 without choosing an advanced class. I admit that I was being a bit dim at the time, though it didn't force me to choose. I was allowed to play without any major issues. If I remember correctly I re-rolled when I discovered I didn't get the advanced gear when I finally chose my advanced class.

Now I would think with 5.0 that they would/should force you to choose during character creation so things work the way they intend.

Which brings up the question I have been pondering...How is this going to effect the story and missions that are based on the whole "choose your advanced class" aspect.

They are still there despite people hitting fleet at level 25, long after they've already chosen lol.

I think the same way they will handle 1-10 characters, by suggesting at the login screen to choose the class.

Yeah but new characters will have to pick an advanced class at character creation. So it's possible that it will force them to pick an adv class before logging in, or the game could error out and they wont get any adv class/skills.

That's a good question. If they do away with them I will miss the bounty hunter class quest givers on fleet. That was always a fun scene to go through.

Given how much content they removed with the 4.0 changes, I think it's safe to assume all of those little quests will get removed.