I'm traveling today so I guess I'm screwed on moving my coms?

FourPawnBenoni

I just have to say, if there is a way for EA to piss off their customers they will find a way. How can you possibly give less than a day notice that rewards you've been saving up for MONTHS will all of a sudden be bound?

This is all an aside to the decision to convert them to credits which is absolutely stupid. The commendations are used to BUY GEAR YOU CAN'T GET WITH CREDITS and have been accumulated over a lot of time an effort. The only fair way to convert these is towards your CXP.

Think about how many hours you put in to get to ~24,000 wz coms; which is about what it takes to get all 14 slots to 208. Well if you average 110 coms a game (that's slightly better than .500 winning percentage) that's roughly 220 wz's. At 5 games a hour that is over 40 hours of game time.

Why are you giving me credits? I don't need any credits. Once I have my gear augmented I don't buy anything else. You're taking away currency that is valuable and giving me something that is worthless.

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I had this feeling that a one day notice was rather a bit on the short side. But just as a question: what were you planning to buy with those comms when 5.0 hits? Edited by Tsillah

Think about how many hours you put in to get to ~24,000 wz coms; which is about what it takes to get all 14 slots to 208. Well if you average 110 coms a game (that's slightly better than .500 winning percentage) that's roughly 220 wz's. At 5 games a hour that is over 40 hours of game time.

It is? I have a full 208 set and 30k comms saved up and I have 400 games across my legacy.

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I had this feeling that a one day notice was rather a bit on the short side. But just as a question: what were you planning to buy with those comms when 5.0 hits?

Obviously, until the recent announcement, I was planning on buying the new tier of PVP gear

It is? I have a full 208 set and 30k comms saved up and I have 400 games across my legacy.

I'm just using a rough average if you were going to try and get your character geared as fast as possible. The more dailies, weekly's and wins you squeeze into those 400 games will all increase the number of coms you get. At 400 games = 54k that's only a little faster than the average I posted

Edited by FourPawnBenoni

Yeah that's what I was worried about. I had this feeling that a one day notice was rather a bit on the short side. But just as a question: what were you planning to buy with those comms when 5.0 hits?

I was waiting to see what BioWare intended to do with them, before making a decision on letting them just convert or actually getting some set bonus gear for my characters that I haven't really played through 4.0 (side note to self, I have too many alts).

Less than a days notice to log / cycle and sort out commendations is ..... well, it isn't great is it?

I was waiting to see what BioWare intended to do with them, before making a decision on letting them just convert or actually getting some set bonus gear for my characters that I haven't really played through 4.0 (side note to self, I have too many alts).

Less than a days notice to log / cycle and sort out commendations is ..... well, it isn't great is it?

Pretty much in the same boat. Was waiting, now I don't know what I'll do with them. Maybe put a bunch in the legacy bank, so I can pull them out later if I need them, sort of like how the CM stash works. Tho since they don't stack, that's going to be a fun waste of bank space.

From what Eric said, if you have them in the legacy bank after the change tomorrow, they will BoP to the first character that picks them up.

Obviously, until the recent announcement, I was planning on buying the new tier of PVP gear

well, as you say, that's not going to happen.

I suppose you'll need the credits to buy the warzone adrenals and all that, but I think that in the 5.0 set up it would be a bad idea to give some people a head start on the gearing..especially those who will gear up faster anyways because the play a lot.

I still think they should've given people a week's notice for this at least, but I can't really see that much is lost considering the coming changes.

But why does it matter?

This change is pointless yes. No idea why they are doing this. It takes the cake on stupidity from BW's part.

But why does it matter if you can't log in & meld all your coms today?

If you still plan on PvPing you won't be able to meld them tomorrow & then on, till Nov. 29. So they're stuck on the toon your PvPing on.

Plus coms are worthless now. Unless you just want to waste them on gearing a toon now. Which is still wasting because the gear will be worthless come Nov 29 & you won't get the measly com conversion which is at least better than nothing. (Which they could try to do.)

What's the big deal, you're getting a currency of little worth now & going forward in form of credits for defacto already completley useless comms, unless 30 days of pointless gear progression before the item rating nuke lands is super valuable to you. Edited by aeterno

It does matter. 204 very well could be a breakpoint for bolster come 5.0 based on previous trends. Transfer the comms now to all your level 65 alts and get a complete set bonus for just over 2000 comms. It's not right that we only got <24 hours notice.

It's not completely insurmountable of course. If I didn't have time to transfer the comms I could just buy the sets on the one character and send the mods via legacy gear. It's still lousy to make a change like this with no notice. Poor form, bioware

Well, with this change, I'm not now. Not a single daily now I've moved my warzone commendations into my legacy bank. This is poorly implemented, why change this prior to 5.0 anyway? Are they seriously trying to lose their customers?

Tonight session will be to log on my 18 characters and move the comms into the legacy bank.

Fun.

No thanks BioWare. We would have appreciated some heads up notice more in advance.

Edited by Deewe

Three questions!

1) Where can I read about this update? Are there patch notes?

2) What is the reason for moving comms into legacy storage? What does that accomplish/solve, if comms themselves are being removed?

3) How does one store commendations?

Three questions!

1) Where can I read about this update? Are there patch notes?

2) What is the reason for moving comms into legacy storage? What does that accomplish/solve, if comms themselves are being removed?

3) How does one store commendations?

1) There's a post from Bioware about it in the General Discussion forum somewhere. Or Google "swtor warzone commendations transfer".

2) If you put them into legacy storage, you can choose at a later date what toon to use them on. They are not being removed tomorrow, only being made non-transferable between toons.

3) Buy the commendation grants from the pvp vendors on the Fleet and then put those into your legacy bank.

You can use the commendation tokens from the pvp item vendor on the fleet.

Thing is you can now only email the tokens to alts, you can't store them in the legacy.

Moved 68k tokens this way tonight, scrapped my play time.

Not happy with BioWare right now.

Because he spend time to save them and then a patch hits the server that basically works like a rollback?

I have a legacy bank tab half full of 1k com tokens. Most of us concerned on this change do. Still doesn't answer my question.

It does matter. 204 very well could be a breakpoint for bolster come 5.0 based on previous trends. Transfer the comms now to all your level 65 alts and get a complete set bonus for just over 2000 comms. It's not right that we only got <24 hours notice.

They are changing ALL gear on launch. They've not even guaranteed set bonus. Plus with all the changes that are coming via classes, there is a highly probably chance the PvP gear will just have stats on it. Especially since no expertise will be around.

So with all that being said, from info gathered, what is the point?

In the end it all boils down to, sadly, COMS are being converted to credits like it or not. No expertise or coms will be entering 5.0.

So whether they're on random toons, all on one or piled up in your legacy bank: The day they choose to convert the coms, is the day you LOSE all your coms. Get my point??

This is poorly implemented, why change this prior to 5.0 anyway? Are they seriously trying to lose their customers?

Exactly, this makes NO SENSE!! WHY on earth would they do this?!?! Why waste the man power/hours to change this back to how it used to be, before once again changing it to something else (conversion) then removing it?? Was there a Dev playing around on FB & manager spotted him doing so he gave him a task?!

:rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02::rak_02:

Edited by CaptRogue

I have a legacy bank tab half full of 1k com tokens. Most of us concerned on this change do. Still doesn't answer my question.

It's about him not about you and pretty obvious that he is pissed off because of the changes and time of notice. Of course there is nothing he can do about the bound issue even when not travelling, so stop trying to be logical in a moment when he realizes that a change hits the server similar to a rollback. It's the worst case for many gamers so why would you ask "Why does it matter"? :rolleyes:

Edited by KnightOfTython

Credits = new augments. As a broke pvper, I'm cool with that. But yes, the less than 24 hours notice is...not cool. Not cool at all.
watch them give us 5 credits or something per commendation. they will do whatever it takes to make people quit.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.