Guys playing girl characters.

Talsalus

Lol. Because of all the hate posts... I'm going to reword this.

I pretty much like to RP no matter what server I'm on. I found this post here that pretty much sums up my feelings on the subject as well.

Well, since this is a role playing game, I try to take on the persona. I guess it's just hard for me to get into my character if I can't relate. Being a male, I obviously relate to males for than females and again, I like being able to choose the flirt option. I'm not a homophobe or anything like that, I would just rather relate to my characters choices as if I were that character.

I don't believe that not wanting to RP a female character makes me sexist...

So what do you think about guys rolling female characters?

Edited by Talsalus

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What are your thoughts on this... Personally, when I play an MMO i want to make the most bad *** character possible.. and a female character just doesn't fit that role for me. /Discuss

Femshep would like to have a word with you.

Edit:

And Ripley.

And Kerrigan.

And Morrigan.

And Sylvanas.

etc.

Edited by Darth-Rion

Arbitrarily limiting yourself from playing any certain type of character is silly. Play whatever feels fun. I can also wholesomely assure you you can play an abso-freaking-lutely tough and awesome woman in this game and it's not something you should miss out on. :)

I am used to it, matter of fact every time I see a female character I know there is a guy behind the keyboard, I've got my share of surprises in pass MMO's when I find out that it was actually a girl behind the keyboard, but that haven't happened in SWTOR so far, it doesn't bother me anymore.

There are some that creep me out, but most of them make obvious that they are male IRL, but some don't and that's kinda creepy.

Always this thread.....silly people.

Seriously. Why are people so obsessed with why other people play a male or female character? It literally has no impact on anyone else and is just someone trying to tell someone else how they "should" play.

Femshep would like to have a word with you.

Edit:

And Ripley.

And Kerrigan.

And Morrigan.

And Sylvanas.

etc.

Anne Bonny and Mary Read would be real life examples (they were pirates). As would Joan of Arc or Boudica. I'm sure you can come up with quite a long list of "bad-***" women.

Does it really matter what gender somebody plays, or why they chose to play that gender?

It's a game, the choice is there so people can just play what they want to play.

I just initally assume every player I meet is male IRL unless they give me a reason to think otherwise. In game character gender is irrelevent.

I'm comfortable with my sexuality, so what other people play is none of my business they pay to play to.

The people with the problems are the ones that think MMOs are a dating service and fall in love with every single female character that groups with them even when that person doesn't even talk in the group or show any interest.

Edited by Rhazesx

I'm Male.

I play both depending on the class. Gear style is the main factor in my decision.

Bounty Hunter - Both

Imperial Agent - Female

Inquisitor - Female

Warrior - Male

Trooper - Male

Smuggler - Both

Consular - Female (but Nadia makes me want to play male >.<)

Knight - Both

I've usually played females in games for one simple reason, i like looking at them. And bad*** women? c'mon;]

Also, i don't usually roleplay, but if i did roll on an RP server, i would be rolling a male toon (which would factor into my class choice as well). I've never really identified with my characters, or thought of myself as my avatar, even in this game (and i've leveled to 50 in beta a few times) so i see no reason to limit myself.

Edited by Fende

I dont care either way but what i dont want is bw to let same sex relationships to happen becouse a guy playing a female wants to romance other females becouse he wont romance the males

Its just absurd

Now this is an interesting angle. Brooding over this for a minute, I am absolutely pro same sex relationships, when before I was just indifferent.

These posts are always amusing.

The question is not about playing a lightsaber wielding twi'lek with lekku or a ***** Zabrak, but about playing a human female? If people can play a fictional alien without the question arising, why does playing a female character raise it?

I'm Male.

I play both depending on the class. Gear style is the main factor in my decision. (It must be FABULOUS!!!)

Bounty Hunter - Both

Imperial Agent - Female

Inquisitor - Female

Warrior - Male

Trooper - Male

Smuggler - Both

Consular - Female (but Nadia makes me want to play male >.<)

Knight - Both

I've usually played females in games for one simple reason, i like looking at them. And bad*** women? c'mon;]

Also, i don't usually roleplay, but if i did roll on an RP server, i would be rolling a male toon (which would factor into my class choice as well). I've never really identified with my characters, or thought of myself as my avatar, even in this game (and i've leveled to 50 in beta a few times) so i see no reason to limit myself.

Pretty much.

I made a Sith Warrior Male because of the armor and such, and will make a Male trooper for the same reason.

I'll make a female Consular/Inquisitor because the robes just look better on females IMO.

etc etc It's really no big deal because I feel the same way. I have no attachment to the character and I'll even romance male companions when playing as a female toon because I'll want to see the story of it whatnot.