Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

OMG Something nearly everyone agrees with

Icykill_

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People said essentially the same thing about level sync, yet after actually playing it.. even many of the very negative players about level sync actually turned around on that.

Maybe.. wait and play it before condemning it on the basis of limited information released so far.

You are confusing accepting with tolerating. Not agreeing with one part of the game doesnt mean I stop playing the game. Sometimes its easier to accept a necessary evil in order to enjoy the rest of the game. That does not mean players turned around and suddenly liked level sync.

I started PUGging again to try and help get people through DvL. I quit after asking an assassin to stealth CC a marked mob so that we could cut by, only for him to proceed in stealth to the mob ... and cast Whirlwind on it.

I wish I could hand out ingame darwin awards...

Edited by Zasszz

Well, seems that some of u kids were not here in *lolbagsytem era

There was a reason why they changed after launch

Comparing this RNG revamp to the sync-level thinghy is just so.....lulzy

Wonder why they removed cancer succesfully, just to introduce cancer after a couple of years.....

^ This, it ruined the leveling process...

Sure, it is fast now, but you hit lvl 50 before you're even done with chapter 2 of the class story, sometimes before even chapter 1

XP comes so fast, the side missions are lost unless you just do them anyway, but the rewards for them suck, so I'll bet a lot of people never do them.

The "meat" of the game is the 1-50 class story and the detailed side missions and FP as you level, I'm glad I had that experience back in 1.x as it was amazing back then.

5 common crystals and around 5k credits for 5 minutes of play; plus the odd shot at some DS/LS points and companion influence? That's not exactly a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Plus the level-adjusted mob drops - sure, it's almost all going to the vendor or to the GTN, but it adds up. While I was leveling my first DvL character, even with XP boost and skipping a majority of the optional missions (and even quite a lot of the planetaries) I must have turned over a couple million in credits by the time I finished Corellia. Probably more, actually, since I bought a LOT of per-character perks, went shopping on the GTN for expensive frills, bought a metric bantha-ton of companion gifts, etc.

So your saying the issue is NIM raiders cannot gear up whole guilds of players in a few weeks? It might actually take a few months?

Oh the horror!

Tell any player that they can't do the content they want for months because they haven't gotten what they need from an RNG bag and they'll be upset. People doing challening HM/NiM content are going to have to go back to the story mode versions because they simply don't have the stats to beat enrage timers. How about we prevent players from doing the 9 story missions until the get gear appropriate for NiM raiding and see how it goes over?

Tell any player that they can't do the content they want for months because they haven't gotten what they need from an RNG bag and they'll be upset. People doing challening HM/NiM content are going to have to go back to the story mode versions because they simply don't have the stats to beat enrage timers. How about we prevent players from doing the 9 story missions until the get gear appropriate for NiM raiding and see how it goes over?

I expect that'll go over like a lead balloon. As well it should. The effect on up-and-comers I don't care all that much about, but the effect on people who already did that work in the first place is terrible.

Um, you missed my point.

One of the reasons given for the change was people couldn't figure out how to gear themselves.

I pointed out how easy it is to know which gear to take.

Honestly, if peeps can't figure out how to gear themselves at this point, or get someone to help them, then the log in screen is probably to difficult for them as well. So we shouldn't worry about them because they can't get into the game anyway.

People said essentially the same thing about level sync, yet after actually playing it.. even many of the very negative players about level sync actually turned around on that.

Maybe.. wait and play it before condemning it on the basis of limited information released so far.

I am going to disagree with this. A lot of people still post that they should remove this. As a new player i have found level sync to be annoying as it makes it impossible to get certain drops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.