Why Macros belong in TOR.

_compton_

Why do you need macros? I seem to get my but handed to my by inquisitors/consulars in seconds as it is.

Maybe i'm a bad pvp player, but it feels like there are already macros in the game. :p

Truth be told, you don't NEED them. but you don't NEED keybinds either, yet we still use them to our advantage. you don't NEED to wear underwear, but odds are you do, so odds are they will add macros for those of us who choose to wear underpants.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again for the slow person>points at Filipesantana. macros are only used in games cause those games allow them, hence your pro reference. This game has no macros so its a mute point. As far as adding macros to this game bioware decide not to and <wow is tht way. Macros are nice but maybe you should learn to play without em and see how ur skills are severly lacking.

Once again for the slow person>points at Filipesantana. macros are only used in games cause those games allow them, hence your pro reference. This game has no macros so its a mute point. As far as adding macros to this game bioware decide not to and <wow is tht way. Macros are nice but maybe you should learn to play without em and see how ur skills are severly lacking.

Bioware already announced they ARE adding macros to the game. So.. you're wrong.

/thread.

The game is fun as is. We dont need this to become wow 2......... wow 1 is now dead because people are tired of it. What made wow so great was its early days---- when casuals and hardcore players could both play together and have a good time. We have that now with TOR, taking a step away from that and adding a complication that isnt necessary is only going to widen that gap between player groups again.

Keep it where it is, Bio------------- your initial success speaks for itself.

The game is fun as is. We dont need this to become wow 2......... wow 1 is now dead because people are tired of it. What made wow so great was its early days---- when casuals and hardcore players could both play together and have a good time. We have that now with TOR, taking a step away from that and adding a complication that isnt necessary is only going to widen that gap between player groups again.

Keep it where it is, Bio------------- your initial success speaks for itself.

No, this game is a direct spinoff of wow, stop trying to be original. Nothing on the internet has been original since WoW came out since we're being honest. And you know what, you can knock wow all you want but it is STILL the most succesful game in video game history. Bioware has a franchise with brilliant potential but they should take some lessons from the reigning king if they want to expand and let the old man die on his throne.

The only reason people ask for macros is because they know it from WoW and they are used to it because of WoW. I think in the end it's those people's problem (so including you OP).

Maybe if WoW didn't offer the biggest easy mode in the world of MMO's you wouldn't be asking for macros.

OP is asking to not use the argument "this is not WOW" and at the same time is asking for opinions of others?

SO why this argument should not be used if it's the most obvious and most valid argument there is?

Blizzard hurt you people by letting you play the game as it WAS NOT INTENTED (easy mode was not intended, it was added because of crying of people) because once you move to a different game you suddenly cannot play properly while others have no problems because they learned to play in other games so they actually are able to utilize their skills in proper way not with just 2 buttons that will do all the job for you.

There are not only people from WoW here so don;t be so selfish and maybe try to finally learn to play the game as it was brought to you instead of asking all the time to add add ons, macros, threat and damage meters and all that easy mode things you know from WoW.

I hope they never add macros it simple leads to skill less players that use two or three buttons to play the game for them.

If and when they are added you will also see a massive upturn in the number of bots as well, leave the game macro free and learn to play.

No NO no NO

Macro is for lazy ppl who dont want to do anything them self what we do need is AUTOATTACK tire of spaming the same key over and over

God yes... im getting blisters spamming the same darn key to get focus to do attacks. It should auto attack all the time and give you some focus not alot, then have supporting abilities generate more focus

The only reason people ask for macros is because they know it from WoW and they are used to it because of WoW. I think in the end it's those people's problem (so including you OP).

Maybe if WoW didn't offer the biggest easy mode in the world of MMO's you wouldn't be asking for macros.

OP is asking to not use the argument "this is not WOW" and at the same time is asking for opinions of others?

SO why this argument should not be used if it's the most obvious and most valid argument there is?

Blizzard hurt you people by letting you play the game as it WAS NOT INTENTED (easy mode was not intended, it was added because of crying of people) because once you move to a different game you suddenly cannot play properly while others have no problems because they learned to play in other games so they actually are able to utilize their skills in proper way not with just 2 buttons that will do all the job for you.

There are not only people from WoW here so don;t be so selfish and maybe try to finally learn to play the game as it was brought to you instead of asking all the time to add add ons, macros, threat and damage meters and all that easy mode things you know from WoW.

Well I used macros in UO and in DAOC. Do you think WoW invented those :confused: No, community asked those like they asked few years dual-specs.

Mouseover/focus macros helps healers to control 3+ targets 10sec faster than selecting targets. Its not easy mode to control so many targets but good players can.

Edited by pheuno

Ok so, based on the logic of all you genuine ******* you're telling me that we should NOT use calculators because they make math too easy and are for lazy people. **** me you are all so damn stupid. Macros are an integral part of PvP.. IF bioware want there to be a PvP community. For the third time they already announced they ARE ADDING macros.

Bottom line is that macro implimentation would be a smart idea on Bioware's part. If you don't like macros and think they are for sissys then your situation is easily solved, DON'T USE THEM.

If you do like macros, then yours is just as easy.. use them. I don't see why there is an argument over this.

So everybody who is bad at Soccer should be allowed to use their hands too? And people who are actually good and have the skill can just continue to use their feet, did I get that right?

Macro's dumb down a game, WoW Arena is just a macro fest with all abilities bound to focus targets, you actually don't have to target anyone anymore because of arena frames.

Sure it makes you much more effective, yet it makes the game much easier and this game is already VERY easy.

We already have focus targets and the ability to use skills on the focused target.

Also you can if you just open your eyes see what everyone around you is casting, if you bother to take your eyes away from the health frames.

Macro's that allow you to use multiple skills (conditioned ones aswell) are just bad for a game in my opinion. Sure I can understand if you are bad you want any help you can get to keep up with the good players, but that is just hypocrisy.

I agree that they should rework the targeting system it is bad on every level, tab targeting is bad and trying to mouse click someone is very clunky because of the way the camera works here.

Well I used macros in UO and in DAOC. Do you think WoW invented those :confused: No, community asked those like they asked few years dual-specs.

Obviously not, please don't play smart here as i'm also not trying to play smart.

WoW remains the only example for me. Number of people from UO and DaOC here combined, are just a fragment of percent of those from WoW asking for macros. The rest are people from WoW.

Besides my argument still stands. Companies that allows macros only hurt their players by allowing 2 buttons easy mode.

Suddenly you guys come to different game without macros and you cannot play a game as it is intended to play. Now why is that? Now every game should be allowing macros because WoW, UO and DaOC offered them?

Just stop and think about what you are asking guys.

So everybody who is bad at Soccer should be allowed to use their hands too? And people who are actually good and have the skill can just continue to use their feet, did I get that right?

Macro's dumb down a game, WoW Arena is just a macro fest with all abilities bound to focus targets, you actually don't have to target anyone anymore because of arena frames.

Sure it makes you much more effective, yet it makes the game much easier and this game is already VERY easy.

We already have focus targets and the ability to use skills on the focused target.

Also you can if you just open your eyes see what everyone around you is casting, if you bother to take your eyes away from the health frames.

Macro's that allow you to use multiple skills (conditioned ones aswell) are just bad for a game in my opinion. Sure I can understand if you are bad you want any help you can get to keep up with the good players, but that is just hypocrisy.

I agree that they should rework the targeting system it is bad on every level, tab targeting is bad and trying to mouse click someone is very clunky because of the way the camera works here.

Based on this logic soldiers fighting at night should stop using Night optics because it dumbs down their jobs, or the architect shouldn't use a ruler because it makes him skilless at what he does. **** me you are such an idiot.

Ok so, based on the logic of all you genuine ******* you're telling me that we should NOT use calculators because they make math too easy and are for lazy people. **** me you are all so damn stupid. Macros are an integral part of PvP.. IF bioware want there to be a PvP community. For the third time they already announced they ARE ADDING macros.

Based on this logic soldiers fighting at night should stop using Night optics because it dumbs down their jobs, or the architect shouldn't use a ruler because it makes him skilless at what he does. **** me you are such an idiot.

Dude you say something about a PvP community?

I heared yes, that this is the type of community you get in WoW where people will just call you names, insult you etc. I understand this is also how you would like to have a community here?

Well since this is not WoW i hope more people will oppose this type of posts and "community" input.

No, this game is a direct spinoff of wow, stop trying to be original. Nothing on the internet has been original since WoW came out since we're being honest. And you know what, you can knock wow all you want but it is STILL the most succesful game in video game history. Bioware has a franchise with brilliant potential but they should take some lessons from the reigning king if they want to expand and let the old man die on his throne.

This is not Wow.2. YES, for all that is holy yes they did take the basic design concepts. Why? Like you said wow for over 7 years has been the game to play in the mmo market. They did this so that TOR would be more accessible to players from wow while still adding their own stuff. You know like actual non-mind-numbing quest structures. So yeah, wow set the standard for this generation of mmos. But if you get a server running vanilla and compare it to today's version of wow you will be playing completely different games almost. Yes right now Bio has it a lot like the most popular and well known mmo and with a multimillion investment I see why. But if the game succeeds I suspect that shortly it will be a bit different then it was at launch as well.

I was trying to make light of it, but i'm very serious that players seem to be dominating the battlefield just fine with no macros. Why do you need a macro? To make multiple button combos that max out your dps on the wf. But then you have all the cookie cutter macros that you need to be competitive. Then pvp just becomes a question of ping, and who has more of flavor of the month toons. Right now its skill, but with macros its 'I win' buttons.

You call me an idiot and can't even tell the difference from a virtual game and reality? where lifes are on the line?

For heaven's sake why would you want that ******** addon/macro arms race in SWTOR ? Wasn't it bad enough in WoW and the other mmos ?

Yes macros and addons make you so much more efficient it's ridicioulus. It also leads to min/maxing, content becoming too easy too quickly and people behaving like *****, because your item rating isn't overgeared enough to go farm dungeon X for l33t item Y.

Sigh.....again....

BIOWARE ALLREADY SAID THEY WILL IMPLEMENT MACROS INTO THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to all the ******* on this thread...****!ur wrong!srs pvprs know it and apparently so does BIOWARE ....SO STAY DOWN STAY SMALL AND STAY THE FKN WRONG!!!

Ps-get owned

Pss-macros do not dum games down or decrease the skill cap,of nits easier the clicking tArgets/abilities with ur mouse,but if u do that on pvP...UR TERRIBAD

this is disgusting, I don't think anyone bashing macros actually understands what they do. An example of a macro I liked to use in WoW would combine several abilities into on button using modifiers. The same can be achieved in swtor, but by having to use 3-4 different spots on our ability bars...what is so wrong with not wanting clutter?

Millions of people who play MMO's like and use macros, and the few who are too stubborn or too unintelligent to use them should NOT be able to ruin the flexibility and over increased level of fun enjoyed by people who do use macros.

Edited by Zahhr

this is disgusting, I don't think anyone bashing macros actually understands what they do. An example of a macro I liked to use in WoW would combine several abilities into on button using modifiers. The same can be achieved in swtor, but by having to use 3-4 different spots on our ability bars...what is so wrong with not wanting clutter?

Millions of people who play MMO's like and use macros, and the few who are too stubborn or too unintelligent to use them should NOT be able to ruin the flexibility and over increased level fun enjoyed by people who do use macros.

Can people asking for macros finally stop insulting others? Can't you discuss without insults and calling others 'unintelligent'?

Why is it that the majority of people asking for macros are also so hostile? Don't you have normal arguments?

It is the way of a very weak person with no arguments to insult others if they cannot beat theior argument.

If you want macros go play wow or rift.

Macros destroy games.

No macros and no addons.

Thx bioware.

U lack brain cells....srsly.....again...BIOWARE said there will be macros,because not like most of the clueless ******* in this community macros are NOT to bind all abilities into 2 buttons and dumb down the game,CBS to explain what macros are REALLY FOR, that way all these scrubs can keep getING STOMPED. In pvp because the they keybond all the abilities,keyboard turn and use the mouse to click