Crazy and normal reasons you've re-rolled a character?

AllisonLightning

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first wave of reroll/delete/reroll was when I returned to the game during 4.0. As the majority of the gameplay reasons that made me quit before were gone, I figured if I was going to sub again that I'd make the most of coming back and start working on Legacy unlocks. So I went through a revolving door of characters to get all the species unlocked. I know I could've just spent cartel coins, but I'm a cheapskate to the point if Scrooge was real, he'd be telling me to dial it back some.

Since then, it's either been made a dialog choice that upon reflection didn't sit well with me, or more often the character looked great in the character creator, but once out in the game world...just nope..nope...noooope. I know I could just tough it out until I get to fleet and hit up the appearance designer, but again, I'm a cheapskate and it's more reasonable to me to just liquidate the character down with selling off what I can and mailing credits to another character and reroll.

I've been good with name choices so I've not deleted any characters here for a name that lost it's luster. Mostly I credit that to over in WoW when I rolled up a Tauren deathknight when they went live and while "Dethkow" cracked me up when creating her, I think she lasted all of a couple minutes before the joke wore thin and I rerolled her with a different name.

In that same vein in WoW, I wanted to give the monk class a try and figured why not see the Pandaren starter area while I was at it and I hated the species animations so much I rerolled as a different species after he took a few steps away from the spawn start.

I'll start by saying im an altaholic, i'll.just leave it there.

I had a 1 year break, i come back a month ago and find the DvL event. All my 18 toons are old, so i kept like 4, the ones that were 55-60, and deleted all the others to see their stories and have them acceptably geared when they reach 65. I already made and leveled to 65 three new toons, and i have like 7 more on the way, besides the old 4 i kept. Big reroll there.

Also, the reason to make me reroll is often i dont like the name of the character. I dont like names with hyphons, accents and such, so i severely struggle to find nice original names. In the end i always find them but sometimes i gotta reroll when i realize i dont like the name.

- I've rerolled a male Consular because I couldn't stand his voice. The fact I've never been happy with his looks made the decision easier.

- I did the same with a male BH. What annoyed me most was the groan he did when taking damage.

- When 4.0 hit, I used the free 60 character token to make a fem Mara. But when I finished KOTFE chapter IX, the "blank slate" past of my toon started to bother me. Solution? Delete and start fresh from level 1.

- I had a Sawbones Scoundrel, but after some time I decided healing was not my cup of tea. Ok, easy to fix this, just respec the toon, right? Well, the problem was I already had a Scrapper and a Ruffian scoundrels and wasn't keen on having 2 toons with the same discipline. Rerolled him? NOOOO! I liked the character and I wasn't so fond of the Ruffian one, so I ended up rerolling her as a Gunslinger.

Mine was back in the day when you where stuck with the number Of slots before they add the Cartel market in game and the unlock more. Guild i was in lost its healer and i delete my shadow and went sage so we could get back do running stuff when i hit 50