Why the hell would anybody want Shae Vizla as a companion?

RameiArashi

The better question is:

WHY DO WE NEED ANOTHER COMPANION?!

We have a TON already. Can the studio not think of any new rewards?!

Shae, and a Walker. Really?!

Indeed. And we can only use 7 of them at the same time anyway (1 active 6 crew missions)...

Companions used to be cool. Now they are just forgettable and boring and i could not care less about them. Then again, forgettable repetitive stuff sounds like typical MMO content.

I was hoping KOTET would give us reason to want as many companions as possible and some way to enjoy them all - but does not look like it. :(

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all Companions had their own Storyline (Missions you could do) to be able to gain Influence and something special, be it a Title, Cosmetic etc, i wouldn't mind as many Companions as possible.

If some Companions had a speciality (let's say Companion X heals better than the normal bunch, Companion Y is better at Scavenging, Dr Lokin was a tad faster finishing Research etc), i'd want as many Companions as possible even more.

This is all very well but what about THANA VESH as a companion?!?!

We have been asking for her as a companion literally since LAUNCH!

We clearly don't need much of a back story to insert ::random companion:: into the story. Here we go though: Thana survives her "death" (if you chose to kill her at end of Taris Imp story line) and went into hiding as she felt disgraced. As a result, she survived the initial onslaught from The Eternal Empire and has taken up arms again to defend her once loved Empire and gain her pride or whatever you wanna say she is in it for.

WE WANT THANA VESH!

Not going to happen. Any character in the original storyline that you have an option of killing will probably never be a companion. Shame as I would have liked Jaxo but still.

Pretty sure droids don't live or die.

Everybody in-game treated him as dead. One could argue that the post-"arma rasa" HK-55 is a different droid due to memory loss, but his "personality" remains the same. You're free to continue down the rabbit hole of "are SW droids alive? CAn they die?" But I'l punching out here.

I want her dead at my bounty hunter's feet. She's a coward who refused to battle to the death. She's unfit to be leading the Mandalorians.

Patience. Maybe JUST MAYBE during the recruitment mission you WILL have an option to kill her off and then you'd be quite happy about this, wouldn't you?

My problem with it is threefold.

1. She's already informed us she is not a follower.

2. She's already informed us she is a loner.

3. She is currently coming to terms with herding cats (the Mandos).

This is what sort of worries me. Did she find new, more peaceful Mandos to lead them or did she get exiled with those with more of the mindset of Fett taking control? If the latter, you can bet we'll be fighting Mandos soon. And this could infuse her into a pretty cool story arc, but I doubt BW thought this much.

She's the type that has the experience and control to make her own decisions. Unless the Outlander invokes some sort of life debt, she isn't gonna hang with him/her for long before she disappears. She's gonna have a severely hard time taking orders from the Outlander.

Other than that, I liked her before SoR. But in SoR, she seemed to have gone into hiding instead of going out to fight like Mandos are want to do. She lost a little respect. Maybe she can gain it back.

On Thana Vesh, that would be awesome for her to return as a companion. I let her live and even wrote a short story how she came back just after the Alderaan missions to exact revenge on my character. First by trying to ruin my reputation (in conjunction with what was already going on), then by sabotage and finally by an all out confrontation ( I treated her as a Jugg with the full complement of companions at her disposal). She even got Skadge to turn on me in that story.

Edit: Also in that story, Vette joined my crew and hit it off with Gault. So it was sort of amusing to see the 'Profit and Plunder' chapter for me.

Edited by Keraejis

Patience. Maybe JUST MAYBE during the recruitment mission you WILL have an option to kill her off and then you'd be quite happy about this, wouldn't you?

I really doubt that, it makes no sense in the slightest. And you can purchase her with a token. Just to kill her off? Nay nay.

Edited by Eshvara

Ugh, the last thing I want is another companion that's simply a new skin with absolutely no personality. FFS BW, please return to telling stories with companions and please return the rest of the vanilla companions with story, as this is type of content that made SWTOR a great game to begin with... not reskins.

Ugh, the last thing I want is another companion that's simply a new skin with absolutely no personality. FFS BW, please return to telling stories with companions and please return the rest of the vanilla companions with story, as this is type of content that made SWTOR a great game to begin with... not reskins.

I hate to break the illusion, but all of the companions are skins with no personality. The personality only exists within cutscenes and in your head. And if you are counting cutscenes, then Shae does have an established personality that can continue to exist in your head.

Unlike some of the companions, like the Star Fortress ones, who hardly have an established personality at all. Their personalities are "star fortress bad, you help now?" (In fairness, they say a little more than that, but I don't remember any of it, so clearly it wasn't exactly riveting :p)

I will agree with you, however, that not having those special companion conversations feels like something missing.

• 3 weeks later...
Why would I want an incompetent who was eaten by the Sarlacc after being taken down by a blind man?

Scorpio, Senya, and Koth looked like permanent companions too (especially Scorpio, who for Agents that don't watch the 16 chapters of cutscenes actually IS a permanent companion).

Since when? Scorpio was a shifty intelligence selling assassin who refused to provide clarity on her motives for joining.

Senya's ultimate loyalties should have come into question when she spared Vaylin the first time and then lied about her slipping away.

Koth's whining about methods was clear as crystal that his betrayal was somewhere down the line.