Credit Sellers and Spammers

EricMusco

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As you may know from previous posts on the topic, when it comes to credit sellers we will often do a large takedown at one time. This allows us to have the largest impact on the credit sellers without them being able to react. Today was one of those instances.

With today's maintenance we acted on a few different initiatives to help curb the in-game chat and mail spam of credit sellers. Some examples of what was done today include:

• Banning of thousands of credit selling accounts.
  • Closing a loophole in an existing promotion, that allowed credit sellers to quickly and easily make accounts which could send you in-game mail and access the fleet.
  • Made adjustments to some existing automated functions to better catch credit sellers.
  • And more... (we don't want to reveal everything we are doing to the credit sellers :rak_03:)

Keep in mind that when it comes to catching credit sellers, as we make adjustments, so do they. It is a constant game of cat and mouse, but it is one that we will continue to focus on aggressively. For this reason, it is important that you continue to always report these spammers and credit sellers as you see them. I know sometimes it seems like we aren't taking action, but I promise that your reports are critical in our ability to find and take action against credit sellers.

-eric

In regards to the actual purchasing of credits, perhaps this has already been spoken about, asked and answered, but I just have not seen it.

Say a person actually grinds and obtains millions and millions of credits. His friend comes along and says "Hey man, could I buy like 3 million off you for a few bucks?" And the person agrees and the transaction happens.

As those credits were obtained by actually working hard and grinding, and it was a personal trade, is that still a violation?? Thanks!!

In regards to the actual purchasing of credits, perhaps this has already been spoken about, asked and answered, but I just have not seen it.

Say a person actually grinds and obtains millions and millions of credits. His friend comes along and says "Hey man, could I buy like 3 million off you for a few bucks?" And the person agrees and the transaction happens.

As those credits were obtained by actually working hard and grinding, and it was a personal trade, is that still a violation?? Thanks!!

Credits are not worth much in the way of real money these days. So the 3 million scenario you present is kind of pointless, other then to make a strawman as to what might go unnoticed.

Given their capability to track such transfer via their analytics, I personally would never do anything that allowed me to directly move/transfer credits from one account to another.

Technically, players can barter between themselves anyway they want in game as long as it does not use out of game assets.

Credits are not worth much in the way of real money these days. So the 3 million scenario you present is kind of pointless, other then to make a strawman as to what might go unnoticed.

Given their capability to track such transfer via their analytics, I personally would never do anything that allowed me to directly move/transfer credits from one account to another.

Technically, players can barter between themselves anyway they want in game as long as it does not use out of game assets.

Still, I would like the final answer from the Devs, just to clarify and be sure. :)

Still, I would like the final answer from the Devs, just to clarify and be sure. :)

It's a violation of the TOS.

OTOH, if the person with the money bought CM packs, and then sold you those packs, no problem. Basically, BW/EA wants the money.

Don't expect an answer but maybe against the rules. Otherwise it would open the door for many troubles.

Ex: lets say you give the credits and your friend doesn't pays or (s)he pays and you don't transfer the credits.

Trouble...

Read what I stated.

Here.. let me be more blunt.....

IF.. you exchange credits for real money or other real assets, you are in violation of the ToS/EULA. Read the ToS/EULA... as there is no reason for the studio to confirm yet again for you what they have already put in their terms and conditions of access to the game. ;)

Edited by Andryah

From the rules of conduct:

"To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

[...]

Buy, sell, transfer or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell or auction) , or offer to transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction, any game Account or game Content, including (without limitation) game characters, character attributes, items, objects, currency, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by the Services, or its our licensors, without first obtaining our express written permission, nor may you encourage or induce any other player to participate in such prohibited transaction(s)."

No written permission - breach of the rules.

Besides, how do you think the credit sellers got their credits if not by grinding (or buying them from someone who did grinding)?

Besides, how do you think the credit sellers got their credits if not by grinding (or buying them from someone who did grinding)?

I'm still holding out for some sort of dupe bug. I've noticed new listers on the GTN who are listing dozens of stacks of rare materials in 2k lots.

edit: I've given out a million credits a few times this year to random folks. Never had an issue.

Edited by dr_mike

I'm still holding out for some sort of dupe bug. I've noticed new listers on the GTN who are listing dozens of stacks of rare materials in 2k lots.

edit: I've given out a million credits a few times this year to random folks. Never had an issue.

Which rare materials?

It's more like we all have to get rid of the materials because they are obsolete with KotET.

There are still bots on Yavin 4. ***?!

Not really, i farm slicing and archeology nodes myself there 2-3 times a week and i haven't seen any Invisible players/Non Aggro drawing companion gatherers in a while.

That guy talking about Yavin bots is probably one of those who are taking EVERYONE who dares gathering slicing nodes for a bot.

Not really, i farm slicing and archeology nodes myself there 2-3 times a week and i haven't seen any Invisible players/Non Aggro drawing companion gatherers in a while.

That guy talking about Yavin bots is probably one of those who are taking EVERYONE who dares gathering slicing nodes for a bot.

They're there, there's not as many of them as there were a while ago, but they're around. They're competing for nodes with you now instead of dominating.

They're there, there's not as many of them as there were a while ago, but they're around. They're competing for nodes with you now instead of dominating.

If they are there i don't know what they are doing but they surley aren't going after slicing nodes i was on Yavin today for arround 2 hours and the only "competition" i had during that time where 2 peeps who did the kills for the dailies and picked up some nodes on the way, basically i had like 98% of all nodes for myself.

When the bot's where arround i didn't even get 20% of them as they where magicaly dissapearing right in front of me no matter the time of day.

If they are there i don't know what they are doing but they surley aren't going after slicing nodes i was on Yavin today for arround 2 hours and the only "competition" i had during that time where 2 peeps who did the kills for the dailies and picked up some nodes on the way, basically i had like 98% of all nodes for myself.

When the bot's where arround i didn't even get 20% of them as they where magicaly dissapearing right in front of me no matter the time of day.

This is my first and only MMO, I don't really understand what a 'bot is or how it works...I am assuming it is some kind of automated program that runs parallel to SWTOR and does, what....move the toon to an x/y coordinate and presses the key related to harvesting nodes?