Reasons to play

DeltaaXx

I wasn't saying they shouldn't have included the Tactical flashpoints. I was expressing surprise it was the second largest chunk of playtime after KotFE chapters; that they didn't just pick a handful of them, the way they picked half the solo flashpoints for that checkbox. The PvP requirement is satisfied by, what, 6 matches? And there's no requirement for HSF at all (that was also a little weird, to my mind).

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't saying they shouldn't have included the Tactical flashpoints. I was expressing surprise it was the second largest chunk of playtime after KotFE chapters; that they didn't just pick a handful of them, the way they picked half the solo flashpoints for that checkbox. The PvP requirement is satisfied by, what, 6 matches? And there's no requirement for HSF at all (that was also a little weird, to my mind).

My best guess here is that most players didn't like star fortresses as much as I do, to say the least.

My own in-game experience tells me that the Eternal Championship is WAY more popular than star fortresses ever were. It makes sense. Most people don't get much out of doing trash pulls. TEC just throws you right into the boss fights.

The flash points have trash pulls too but usually not as many, plus they are often strongly linked to the story line. Star fortresses really aren't central to the KotFE story. And, as much as I truly hate to admit this, the flash points are probably easier on tactical mode than the star fortresses were to solo.

Anyway, that's my take. I think Bioware decided that star fortresses were an interesting experiment that will be largely forgotten, sort of like the shroud/seeds quest lines.

They should have cleanly separated the solo and heroic mode of the star fortresses. Solo mode for the trash mobs and the paladin's. You have to run it once each to "get the codes to access the inner ring." (Read "unlock the heroic mode). Heroic mode should just have been the inner ring and the Exarch fight.