Subscriber perks... what would you pay for?

Rolodome

"suggested" - yes, it has been suggested by the free and preferred players for a very long time that their restrictions be removed, as it would.

Even if BW listen, the one feature that will always remain will be the credit cap. No matter what perks you add for subscribers it will have to be fluff. You cannot give game changing features to one set of people.

If the credit cap was every to be removed subscriptions would plummet, that isn't just guess work. As subscribers also tend to be the people that spend the most in the cartel market, this would be suicide.

So ease free player restrictions, give subscribers more fluff - subscription numbers will always be based on that credit cap.

As has always been the case, SWTOR is a pay monthly game with a free option. It is not a free game with a subscription option.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's been a lot of discussion recently about the model used by SWTOR. One of the suggestions is that the sub perks are improved and the restrictions on lower statuses (preferred, F2P) are reduced.

For those of you who feel that you'd unsub if the restrictions were lessened on preferred, what sort of subscriber perks might change your mind and convince you to keep subbing?

In other words, what "bonuses" would you pay for?

Unify Colors, Hide Headslot, Use Companion Customization and Higher Credit Cap.

Legacy Characters as Companions, One Free visit at the Appearance Editor per Month.

Edited by KWONRYU

I'm paying for the convenience of unrestricted, full access to all features of the game. As long as the restrictions on preferred would only reduced but not removed, I will remain subscribed. If unrestricted, full access would be available for free, they'd have to make their money in some other way and I'm not sure that'd be a game I'd still want to play, because support and development priority is always on that which generates revenue. Edited by KyaniteD

The only thing that will keep me subbed is getting a couple of new ops. If the new expansion is going to be same as kotfe there is no possible perk that would keep me subbed. No bonus chapters, no bonus companions, no nothing. If the base game doesn't have value, marketing tricks are not going to work.

The only thing that will keep me subbed is getting a couple of new ops. If the new expansion is going to be same as kotfe there is no possible perk that would keep me subbed. No bonus chapters, no bonus companions, no nothing. If the base game doesn't have value, marketing tricks are not going to work.

And yet you are here and were told there would be no new Ops through the 4.0 cycle ;)

An actual outfit designer where I could rip all the silly boondoggles off of armour pieces.

Crotch flaps? GONE shoulder spikes? GONE

A quick google search on changing the files to achieve this shows how modular the armour sets actually are, and thus this shouldn't be that hard.

They could even charge absurd CC costs to allow disassembling and mixing of armour sets. People, especially RPers, would pay through the nose for something like this...

Edited by MadDutchman

Thinking about bonuses... I think that the overall number of bonuses should be about the same... BUT.

Either:

1. Have some bonuses tied to "number of paid months" and some to "paid at one time"

-or-

2. Have the "paid at one time" be the initial trigger, but after a certain subscription time, have those milestones as an "alternate unlock."

For instance, Nico could be a reward after subscribing for one year, HK gear after a year and a half, HK bonus missions (both the alert and the bonus chapter) after two years of paid subscription, etc.

An actual outfit designer where I could rip all the silly boondoggles off of armour pieces.

Crotch flaps? GONE shoulder spikes? GONE

A quick google search on changing the files to achieve this shows how modular the armour sets actually are, and thus this shouldn't be that hard.

They could even charge absurd CC costs to allow disassembling and mixing of armour sets. People, especially RPers, would pay through the nose for something like this...

This. So much this. How am I supposed to sit with a hang-glider strapped to my butt?

I would give BioWare more money than any other MMO I've played to spend more time on expanding original companion stories including romance stories. I want my characters' inner core companions to be connected again and then elaborated on. I'm willing to look beyond mere gameplay conveniences for extended character and companion story content, as that content is what got me hooked on the game to begin with, and I feel that it is seriously lacking for me in KOTFE.

And yet you are here and were told there would be no new Ops through the 4.0 cycle ;)

Yes, we're still trying to clear the nims. At some point we'll either do it or just quit if we can't.. In either case if there is nothing else to do we'll just unsub and find a new game to play.