Why don't you just move on?

lilathrone

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the reason behind it, but why di you have to give up that (special) little community? I'm sure most communities use any variation of Team Speak/voice chat clients, so you could interact at least to this degree outside of the game. And if your friends become also tired of SWTOR, you could move to another game (if there's one, of course). But as I said before, I can understand the primary thought behind the reason as the gaming together aspect wouldn't be there anymore.

Ofc, my guild moved to WoW, so I moved too, but to be honest I dont like WoW. Yes its far more better in many aspects of gameplay, you have sooooo many things that swtor simply misses, but its not swtor, its 14 years old, cartoon graphics etc.

swtor friends became real world friends and many still play the game, but are scattered accross various guilds, or just pug and its impossible to put them together. That is what angers me the most about the game, it made people leave.

You know that good friend you love to hang out with, but then he/she falls in with bad people and start using drugs and isn't that fun to hang out anymore? You could just move on but then you would lose person that used to be good friend, so you rather help them get their life back together and get your good friend back. I think it's lot like that.

You know that good friend you love to hang out with, but then he/she falls in with bad people and start using drugs and isn't that fun to hang out anymore? You could just move on but then you would lose person that used to be good friend, so you rather help them get their life back together and get your good friend back. I think it's lot like that.

^^ Haha this. SWTOR needs some "tough love." I don't want to talk to you any more, SWTOR. No, you can't borrow my things -- not until you get your act together (AKA unsub).

SWTOR, please get away from the bad crowd and come back to your real friends.

Let me ask a question. Do you agree that manner is ok in which ppl reacted to Eric's post?

Reacted? You mean by inundating him with questions? You mean by taking advantage of one of the very few opportunities where he's interacting with the community and ask things of him? Is that what you mean? What would you have preferred? Should people have just fawned over him and told him how great he is, or heap praise on Bioware for doing such a fine job?

People jumped on that thread because of how infrequently they post. People inundate any thread a Bioware rep posts in because it's their ONE CHANCE to ask a question and possibly have it answered. If Bioware wanted to change that, they could post a bit more often than they do.

Reacted? You mean by inundating him with questions? You mean by taking advantage of one of the very few opportunities where he's interacting with the community and ask things of him? Is that what you mean? What would you have preferred? Should people have just fawned over him and told him how great he is, or heap praise on Bioware for doing such a fine job?

People jumped on that thread because of how infrequently they post. People inundate any thread a Bioware rep posts in because it's their ONE CHANCE to ask a question and possibly have it answered. If Bioware wanted to change that, they could post a bit more often than they do.

I'd also add that not only is it rare, but it's basically the only avenue open for trying to share how one feels about specific make-or-break issues of the game. If I'm concerned about a law in Congress, I write a letter to my senator and congressman. If my Internet goes down, I call up my cable company. When there's a technical issue with my hosting company, I go into chat. When there's issues with my paycheck, I send an email to the company's accounting department.

In SWTOR, I go on the forum, post a message amidst countless others and can only hope that someone at BW might actually read it. That's the best that it offers - even "Contact Us" isn't "Us," it's instructions how to reach tech support. So as you say, it's no wonder people react to any chance they might actually be heard, especially when they're teetering on leaving a game they've invested so much in.

If people seem frustrated, that's only because they care more about whether or not they leave than BW does.