Why don't you just move on?

lilathrone

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We know because some people raised concerns with certain class changes, yet rather the say to us we are doing x,y and z because reasons they say we are not ready to talk about it, delete any thread that questions stuff found in datamining and bury their heads in the sand, until they do release details but by that time they are set in stone and there is no time to adjust for any misgivings that we customers raise.

Bioware can make the game they want, but at the end of the day its the customers who play the game.

There is an official announcement date of Kotet in less than a month, BioWare is not for blame because some players are impatient. And they will definitely won't change anything because "some people raised concerns".

BioWare is not for blame because some players are impatient. And they will definitely won't change anything because "some people raised concerns".

Actually they are, they either failed to fix the datamining issue so no data mining can be done or they failed to stay ahead of that information which is bad service, if they can not fix information being data mined then they should be the first to announce stuff not last.

So you think that they don't care about players' opinion too?

Was just about to raise this point myself

So you think that they don't care about players' opinion too?

Good one, seriously.

Of course they can't satisfy everyone, if "some people" raise concerns regarding an aspect of the game, I doubt they will put high resources into changing that aspect. Not just BW, any game developer company. If you think it shouldn't be that way, then your expectations are right up your.....

There is an official announcement date of Kotet in less than a month, BioWare is not for blame because some players are impatient. And they will definitely won't change anything because "some people raised concerns".

Link to the date?

BioWare is to blame for not disseminating information to players in a timely manner, the whole datamining issue arises from the lack of communication and the way in which the community is handled by the developers. Go look over at Blizzard who regularly update players on their design intentions moving forward with games they develop, as well as garner feedback from thier customers.

What do we get from BioWare? Nothing, they leave everything until the last minute and lump it all onto players pretty much in one hit. Information overload, bad PR practice, BioWare over-hype things and then probably wonder why everyone is not happy with everything when they don't meet expectations. They leave everything until it is set in stone, expecting players to share the joy of BioWare's vision for the game.

Don't take my word for it, you only have to peruse these very forums for each expansion launch to see the issue that BioWare cause themselves. Even better? They continually FAIL TO LEARN from past mistakes.

So the pessimistic posting on these forums? Don't blame the players, blame BioWare, they're the ones who cause the problems from the outset. Each and every time.

Link to the date?

BioWare is to blame for not disseminating information to players in a timely manner, the whole datamining issue arises from the lack of communication and the way in which the community is handled by the developers. Go look over at Blizzard who regularly update players on their design intentions moving forward with games they develop, as well as garner feedback from thier customers.

What do we get from BioWare? Nothing, they leave everything until the last minute and lump it all onto players pretty much in one hit. Information overload, bad PR practice, BioWare over-hype things and then probably wonder why everyone is not happy with everything when they don't meet expectations. They leave everything until it is set in stone, expecting players to share the joy of BioWare's vision for the game.

Don't take my word for it, you only have to peruse these very forums for each expansion launch to see the issue that BioWare cause themselves. Even better? They continually FAIL TO LEARN from past mistakes.

So the pessimistic posting on these forums? Don't blame the players, blame BioWare, they're the ones who cause the problems from the outset. Each and every time.

I agree with this statement 100%

For me - I hate classic fantasy settings(I think it's called Tolkien's setting, not sure though) and I love Star Wars setting. I have no other choice except this game. So I am giving the feedback wherever I can. Though I don't think I will continue with subscription once it runs out, so don't worry, from January I won't be spreading anything except the flu as usual :)

This is my same situation. I really dislike the fantasy, medieval setting, and i love the Star Wars, futuristic setting.

Im happy with the game though. I mean, i just came back after a long break, so i find everything fresh, but anyway everything looks good. I couldnt care less for group content, i just wanna play my personal story, and its even better now that i dont need super gear to do anything, and i can solo heroics and flashpoints, at my own pace, the way i want. I can focus on my story, dialogues, planetary story arcs and dressing my chars and companions the way i want, its everything i've ever wanted from this game really.

Before the break i took, i was exclusively playing warzones, but there was too much negativity and frustration in that, so now i take the game for what it is, therefore im happier with it and enjoy it more.

Would i like new ops, group content and such to be added? Hell yea, the more content the better, and the more players it brings, either new or old, the better. But if the gotta prioritize, i prefer much more the way they did it. Its just my opinion.

It was said in livestream that they aren't allowed to say anything

Then they need to reconsider this policy. Unless of course they really enjoy reading negative feedback every expansion launch? Assuming they even read these forums, which is highly debatable.

As to are not allowed, who exactly is the community manager here? Eric? Or the excuse for PR this company has? If it is the former then they should give him free reign to do his job properly without being hamstrung all the time, and then taking the flak for the problems the dreadful excuse for PR causes.

I'm not an advocate of saying people should be sacked, however the PR for Bioware? They need to be sacked for constantly mismanaging the community expectations by limiting Eric in doing his job.

These 'some people' are quite a few players who have been here for years and know that Bioware cannot 'tweak' class balances, they only know how to smash them into oblivion and then leave classes pretty redundant for months on end before another 'class balance' we have seen this time and again and see Bioware making the same error again and again and are just looking for Bioware take concerns on board before they do it yet again.

These 'some people' are quite a few players who have been here for years and know that Bioware cannot 'tweak' class balances, they only know how to smash them into oblivion and then leave classes pretty redundant for months on end before another 'class balance' we have seen this time and again and see Bioware making the same error again and again and are just looking for Bioware take concerns on board before they do it yet again.

All I can say is that we'll see.

You are presuming they'll mess it up which may or may not happen.

Then they need to reconsider this policy. Unless of course they really enjoy reading negative feedback every expansion launch? Assuming they even read these forums, which is highly debatable.

As to are not allowed, who exactly is the community manager here? Eric? Or the excuse for PR this company has? If it is the former then they should give him free reign to do his job properly without being hamstrung all the time, and then taking the flak for the problems the dreadful excuse for PR causes.

I'm not an advocate of saying people should be sacked, however the PR for Bioware? They need to be sacked for constantly mismanaging the community expectations by limiting Eric in doing his job.

I'm not sure if they said that they are not allowed, or can't say anything, only that they will be able to provide info on / after the NY comic con.

This is an honest question. I understand that a lot of people is disappointed with some aspects of the game and they put their criticism here, and that is how it's supposed to be. Where else to discuss it, than on the forums. I posted in several threads about the things I don't like myself.

But.

I noticed there are some people who do nothing else for months, than spending their negativity on the forums. They make 10+ posts a day and those are all hate speech against BW staff.

Why? It's clear that not just they don't like some aspects of the game, they hate everything!

So why sub? If you already unsubbed why stay here? Why don't you just move on?

I'm hoping against hope that BW will do something, and since this forum is the only means presented to provide feedback to BW about this product, it's the only place I can put it. My sub is up in six weeks, so I post hoping that during that time someone says something to convince me to renew it. So far the only thing we've heard is a discouraging "more of the same." Will repeating the point compel them to say something? Probably not, given the lousy track record, but at least when my subscription expires I can say to everyone who asks "After all the praise you heaped upon this game, you're walking away?" that I did everything I could do before that moment.

How do you know they don't care?
When is the last time they took any time and interacted with us? Look at the state of PvP. Look at the state of group content. This game has stagnated and withered over the past 1-2 years with virtually zero interaction from the Developer. They obviously don't care...

Because for all it's problems this world is incredible and I love experimenting with character ideas to help populate it with. Not everyone who is unhappy with this game is a "hater". A lot of us genuinely want to see this game improve because we love it so much. It's weird how many people don't understand that about criticism.

All I can say is that we'll see.

You are presuming they'll mess it up which may or may not happen.

May I ask you an honest question?

You seem to be saying people are being either prematurely or unfairly negative in their expectations/assumptions regarding class changes in 5.0.

I'm curious why you feel this is not a rational mindset. It seems to me that it is the most logical conclusion, yet you seem to be rejecting it outright. So what are you basing your viewpoint on? In particular, what past aspect of the studio's track record with respect to class changes/balances did you feel were handled well?

Or, put slightly differently, what historical grounds for optimism do you have WRT upcoming class changes/balancing?

OP, this thread is both a waste of energy and forum space.

All threads like this do is make the negative nellys double down on the negative AND give them YOU as another target for their negativity. You can see it already. Normally, they will simply create multiple redundant threads to complain about anything and everything. You basically set them up with a thread to pound on now.

Here's the thing with people who are very negative.... they feed off of any possible target they can apply said negativity to. Which now includes you. The most important theme being... they must have someplace to complain and something to complain about.

They are going to beat you like a drum over this. :p

But perhaps you already knew this going into this effort. :)

Edited by Andryah

OP, this thread is both a waste of energy and forum space.

Yet here you are, bumping this waste of energy and forum space.

All threads like this do is make the negative nellys double down on the negative AND give them YOU as another target for their negativity. You can see it already. Normally, they will simply create multiple redundant threads to complain about anything and everything. You basically set them up with a thread to pound on now.

Here's the thing with people who are very negative.... they feed off of any possible target they can apply said negativity to. Which now includes you. The most important theme being... they must have someplace to complain and something to complain about.

They are going to beat you like a drum over this. :p

But perhaps you already knew this going into this effort. :)

When someone rants about other people (who dislike the game), you instantly come to their defence. Yet when someone does the same thing about the game, you condone it and name call them.... :rolleyes: This thread is just another opportunity for you to attack people. I know exactly what you're doing, Andryah.

The OP is essentially telling people who don't agree with him that their views are a waste of time and they should go somewhere else. And you're calling these people "negative nellys" who don't agree with the OP when he says this. I'm keeping this quoted and bookmarked for future reference. It's gold.

Edited by DarthWoad

This is an honest question. I understand that a lot of people is disappointed with some aspects of the game and they put their criticism here, and that is how it's supposed to be. Where else to discuss it, than on the forums. I posted in several threads about the things I don't like myself.

But.

I noticed there are some people who do nothing else for months, than spending their negativity on the forums.

They "do nothing else for months"?

They make 10+ posts a day and those are all hate speech against BW staff.

Curious who has time to make more than 10 posts a day. I feel like I'm wasting my life if I read more than ten. Also, "hate speech against BW staff"? You're either grossly exaggerating or you don't understand the meaning of "hate speech".

Why? It's clear that not just they don't like some aspects of the game, they hate everything!

So why sub? If you already unsubbed why stay here? Why don't you just move on?

1. They're trolls, in which case ignore and move on

2. They're fans of Star Wars as a franchise or even Bioware games who feel betrayed (and rightly so IMO) by Bioware for the misrepresentation of their product, deliberate misleading of the community, and delivery of an xpac rife with problems for it's main crux (the story).

3. Long time players who are having a hard time cutting loose from a game they invested so much in.

4. Because maybe "they" aren't the gollum-like sadists you portray them as, and you're being too sensitive about anyone criticizing the game or decisions made by devs.

5. They're WoW fanboys.

6. They're ninjas from a clan you have dishonored and will now follow you and make 10+ posts to anger you wherever you post.

Because this game didn't always suck, and most other things out there do. We don't want bioware to turn this into the same boring, easymode, no content crap that WoW and other generic MMOs have become. They still have the chance to fix the game and make it what it was.

Lets face it, SWTOR was never the hardest most challenging MMO with tons of content. But it was at least somewhat fun, my companions could die, and there was enough content to keep me interested. We just want to see that again. Not CM packs and solo stories only.

I never thought I'd say this, but I do kind of miss the days when my actions actually meant something. Now it's basically just walking along with your companions.

I also hope that they'll at least reintroduce some part of class-specific stories. Not full-blown expansions mind you, but just a few little missions here and there.