I am so pissed at the developers ATM.

otilane

Restart for 2 hours. WHAT THE ACTUAL F. They did backend changes with in 40 minutes and now they can't even restart the servers faster than in 2 hours. How does that make any sense.

i hear you man,i wrote many times before and will write it again - devs lost control of this game,every new patch bring laggs and buggs and they also ALWAYS making maintenances on EU main playing time while for USA it's morning or night time. I don't think this game deserves to be played anymore.....

Edited by omaan

These aren't the same scale as the machines on your desktop. Anywhere from half an hour to an hour of that window is just safely and properly shutting down and restarting the systems (depending on specifics of configuration that I'm not privy to). Plus pre- and post-change testing. Doing the actual change is a relatively small part of the whole process, especially if they could stage the changes beforehand.

Managing changes, including major system upgrades on mission-critical systems, is what I get paid some pretty big bucks to do in the Day Job. I wouldn't schedule a reboot-required change with anything less than a 2-hour window myself, and I don't currently "own" anything with the size and scope this game has, though I have in the past.

i hear you man,i wrote many times before and will write it again - devs lost control of this game,every new patch bring laggs and buggs and they also ALWAYS making maintenances on EU main playing time while for USA it's morning or night time. I don't think this game deserves to be played anymore.....

I'm Australian and I hear this. When XVI launched early and so did the patch, complaints were crazy for something those of us on different timezones to the US are told by others to live with it as we're 'less important' but I don't blame Bioware, they have to run maintenance- but it could happen on a rotating basis as to who is inconvenienced.

Edited by AllisonLightning

Restart for 2 hours. WHAT THE ACTUAL F. They did backend changes with in 40 minutes and now they can't even restart the servers faster than in 2 hours. How does that make any sense.

That's not what it says. It says...

We will be restarting the servers between 5:30AM PDT and 7:30AM PDT (13:30 - 15:30 BST) tomorrow, September 8th.

Chill people. It's a large computer system they're managing, and they're human beings, much like (I assume) yourselves.

Go play Fallout 4 a little. It's fun, I promise you! :cool:

Fallout 4 isn't so fun...if you play it long enough it becomes less interesting with each minute :p on the contrary witcher is more interesting ^^

I'm Australian and I hear this. When XVI launched early and so did the patch, complaints were crazy for something those of us on different timezones to the US are told by others to live with it as we're 'less important' but I don't blame Bioware, they have to run maintenance- but it could happen on a rotating basis as to who is inconvenienced.

they could at least do it in rotation - one maintenance is on USA play time,second one on EU play time and so on. But no,they always do it at the same time!

Yes but. Jesus i wouldn't mind getting content later in EU if they would just do the EU servers on a separate time not on the same time. Honestly getting patches just a day later isnt going to be an issue if it isnt during the day time.

Fallout 4 isn't so fun...if you play it long enough it becomes less interesting with each minute :p on the contrary witcher is more interesting ^^

Haha fair enough. It is basically "just" another Fallout game, but I'm pretty cool with that.

I do need to try the new Witcher. The trailers were sick and everyone seems to love it.

It's nice they've pushed back the maintenance. It used to take up ALL Australian evening meaning 1 whole night every week that we couldn't play. it's much better now. and it will be up for weeks at a time. They obviously have an issue with the new bonus chapter that requires a restart. it's cool. computer stuff is like this. I married an IT guy and I've come to expect this in the IT world.

I just wish maintenance times were less frequent. Even if no patch is coming 4-5 hours downtime on every week EU play time is unacceptable. I remember when I had a day off from work, I wanted to play a little ToR but couldn't because of maintenance. Frustrating.

i am so annoyed seeing so many people complain about something that comes along with any game like this, the team at bioware does not work for you, nor do they revolve around you and your needs!

so you want them to change the time they do the updates? are you going to pay for the overtime of the bioware team? would you go to work at 1 am just so that someone sitting at home isn't so inconvenienced by your update schedule? no i hardly think not.

if you really do think the game is not worth it then just leave and stop complaining no one wants to hear it anymore!

Edited by joshuactsmith
spelling mistake

they could at least do it in rotation - one maintenance is on USA play time,second one on EU play time and so on. But no,they always do it at the same time!

It has been this way since launch and is way better than it used to be when the game launched.

The only real complaint you could even remotely have is that it didn't occur on a Tuesday.

i am so annoyed seeing so many people complain about something that comes along with any game like this, the team at bioware does not work for you, nor do they revolve around you and your needs!

so you want them to change the time they do the updates? are you going to pay for the overtime of the bioware team? would you go to work at 1 am just so that someone sitting at home isn't so inconvenienced by your update schedule? no i hardly think not.

if you really do think the game is not worth it then just leave and stop complaining no one wants to hear it anymore!

Actually if they expect people to pay them they in fact do work for those people. Something that people nowadays seem to forget in this "entitled" generation.

Fallout Outhouse um Shelter isn't bad. If you get get Bethesda's launcher to work.

Friendly reminder that I walk 2+ hours for wifi. Longer now since the library branch I was going to closed for a remodel. I don't complain about patching.

Edited by dr_mike

Actually if they expect people to pay them they in fact do work for those people. Something that people nowadays seem to forget in this "entitled" generation.

umm no, bioware makes content that your either choose to play or not and some of the content does cost you money from your pocket but that does not mean they work for you you simply payed for their product.

These aren't the same scale as the machines on your desktop. Anywhere from half an hour to an hour of that window is just safely and properly shutting down and restarting the systems (depending on specifics of configuration that I'm not privy to). Plus pre- and post-change testing. Doing the actual change is a relatively small part of the whole process, especially if they could stage the changes beforehand.

Managing changes, including major system upgrades on mission-critical systems, is what I get paid some pretty big bucks to do in the Day Job. I wouldn't schedule a reboot-required change with anything less than a 2-hour window myself, and I don't currently "own" anything with the size and scope this game has, though I have in the past.

Thirty minutes? Should be more like thirty seconds...all they gotta do is hold the power button thingy down for like 10-15 seconds, count to 10, then press it again...if that doesn't work, just pull the power plug, count to 20 and plug it back in...trust me, I've restarted a million times, I know what I'm talking about.

;)

Thirty minutes? Should be more like thirty seconds...all they gotta do is hold the power button thingy down for like 10-15 seconds, count to 10, then press it again...if that doesn't work, just pull the power plug, count to 20 and plug it back in...trust me, I've restarted a million times, I know what I'm talking about.

;)

A server takes more time to do properly and I hope you really don't just pull the plug to do a restart otherwise I'm going to have to rescue your computer from unthinkable cruelty.

A server takes more time to do properly and I hope you really don't just pull the plug to do a restart otherwise I'm going to have to rescue your computer from unthinkable cruelty.

Yep.

The person you responded to is absent any clue about how modern server farms work, or does not know how to indicate sarcasm. He's clever though.. so he will spin it back as "I'm kidding". I guess he thinks the server side is run on a PC. :p

Edited by Andryah

Oh I know...Ian and I seldom agree on things so I was taking a moment to try to make him smile. :p