Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Vector Hyllis: Worst Romance Ever

Reluctance

I love how everyone seems to get hung up on this in particular.

<insert random laughing reaction gif>

ive said it before: i see the killiks like your partner's overly-curious cat. You know, that cat that when your all done, you flop over and look around, and there it is on the other end of the room, sitting comfortably like it's been there all that time, looking at you like " well, that was... intrigueing."

after wahile you just learn to ignore that cat.

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, we can't romance Lokin.

We also can't romance Kaliyo (despite that, as you said, she's pretty obviously bi, which makes it a bit ***).

Well, I can understand not being able to romance Lokin.

I mean, he's handsome, witty, charming, helpful, and isn't twelve years old.

What could anybody POSSIBLY see in him? :rolleyes:

And of course, unlike Vector, he DOESN'T BETRAY YOU.

Well, I can understand not being able to romance Lokin.

I mean, he's handsome, witty, charming, helpful, and isn't twelve years old.

What could anybody POSSIBLY see in him? :rolleyes:

And of course, unlike Vector, he DOESN'T BETRAY YOU.

uh, you mean quinn? lol

and you guys getting hung up on bugs... go look up how many bugs actually live on and inside you... the idea of him wanting to get freaky in his 'ghoul form... yeesh

i will admit, if my agent was a little older... she'd all be up in his medlab all the time :3

uh, you mean quinn? lol

and you guys getting hung up on bugs... go look up how many bugs actually live on and inside you... the idea of him wanting to get freaky in his 'ghoul form... yeesh

i will admit, if my agent was a little older... she'd all be up in his medlab all the time :3

Dude. If Lokin were younger, I'd be trying to turn his story into the next Twilight. Vampires ain't got nothin' on this dude.

uh, you mean quinn? lol

You control Lokin's 'ghoul form.

You don't control Vector's borgified brain, nor the gaping black pits where his eyes should be.

If I were single, female or out, and a cartoon, I'd be all over Lokin.

I'd never come within a parsec of Vector if I could help it (and in fact told Keeper that I didn't want him on my ship/crew because I didn't trust him). Something about betrayal does that.

You control Lokin's 'ghoul form.

You don't control Vector's borgified brain, nor the gaping black pits where his eyes should be.

If I were single, female or out, and a cartoon, I'd be all over Lokin.

I'd never come within a parsec of Vector if I could help it (and in fact told Keeper that I didn't want him on my ship/crew because I didn't trust him). Something about betrayal does that.

i find his black eyes a nice match to my red ones, thank you very much <3

i find his black eyes a nice match to my red ones, thank you very much <3

Hey, if you love being stabbed in the back as "the beginning of a beautiful friendship," then he's your guy. There are companions for other classes who will turn on you eventually, but Bugboy brings that as his overture to joining your crew. :eek:

Different strokes, apparently.

They need to modify and allow Kaliyo to be a same sex romance option, seriously, it's very obvious that Bioware had something like that in mind when they created Kaliyo in the first place and wrote her dialogue.

Hey, if you love being stabbed in the back as "the beginning of a beautiful friendship," then he's your guy. There are companions for other classes who will turn on you eventually, but Bugboy brings that as his overture to joining your crew. :eek:

Different strokes, apparently.

eh, yeah he could have been more up front beforehand as to what the killiks wanted in return for thier help. My agent put him in his place, and it's obvious he puts you/the empire ahead of the hive afterwards, part of his personal growth i guess.

just helped a snipe alt friend do ald, he took the dark option. he says it was a great improvement to how the castle was before, smelled better with less smug, and them killiks washed the snooty out of all those noble's arses.

dudes got a point

I have to add my opinion to the pile here. :)

Vector is awesome!

I was a little apprehensive at first, but I just couldn't help but notice how sweet and thoughtful he always was. I started out as a pretty dark IA, but I found myself becoming more moral as the story went on because I didn't want to disappoint Vector lol. That's never happened on any other character I'm always like "oh who cares I'll just buy em some gifts". He's also the first one I've actually wanted to marry.

And I have to say that Kaliyo is just abominable. Ugh, I gave her some gifts so I could check out her story and she's just a nasty person that I grew to hate hearing her voice. If I were a man i don't see any way in hell she'd be attractive.

So, congrats Bioware, on a very unique and interesting romance with Vector. I'd like to see some more exotic romances like this in the future (I like Zabraks hint hint ).

How does this hive mind thing work exactly? I'm not sure that it's like a real-time mind reading thing...People joke about the whole race of Killiks getting to know the agent reeeeal well, but really, imagine if every Killik and joiner were subjected to every little thought and image ALL of them had All The Time. They'd go nuts!

I'm thinking it's more like a shared memory bank that any of them can sift through whenever they want. In ACT I for example...

we see Vector actually doing this when he sorts through another joiner's previous memories in order to find some info on the traitor's identity.

So basically, you'd have to take the trouble to look for the memory in the first place, and I can't imagine too many Killiks are that fascinated with other race's mating behaviors that they'd be keeping tabs. Other joiners though...hmmm...I don't know... :eek:

I think there must be some kind of time or distance element too or else:

Vector would already know what happened to the missing Killik colony and where they were and wouldn't have to go searching for them.

What I want to know is, how do they "make" a joiner? I had always assumed that it involved some communal effort with a group of Killiks involved but then I found out that:

Apparently Vector can make someone a joiner himself if he wants to! :eek:

I wish I could just ask him.

Edited by CloudCastle

while most of your reasons you think (Quinn) he swings that way are negitive traits... most people on the sgr thread series agree he probably would go for the right sith man

I didn't mean it to seem all negative, one of my best friends is a bisexual male. Actually most of my good friends are all Bisexual and a couple of them are lesbians. So I certainly am not biased against it.

(in reply to "Every Kilik looking in on you boning... hmm")

I love how everyone seems to get hung up on this in particular.

<insert random laughing reaction gif>

Well...some girls enjoy an audience

Dude. If Lokin were younger, I'd be trying to turn his story into the next Twilight. Vampires ain't got nothin' on this dude.

now the Rakghoul sex just seems way too freaky, I mean aren't rakghouls all slimy and everything too?

eh, yeah he could have been more up front beforehand as to what the killiks wanted in return for thier help. My agent put him in his place, and it's obvious he puts you/the empire ahead of the hive afterwards, part of his personal growth i guess.

just helped a snipe alt friend do ald, he took the dark option. he says it was a great improvement to how the castle was before, smelled better with less smug, and them killiks washed the snooty out of all those noble's arses.

dudes got a point

Did I miss something in the Imperial Agent videos? When does he consider betraying you for the bugs? I could understand him doing that if you had chosen to kill a bunch of his fellow hivers in that Alderann fight though.

They need to modify and allow Kaliyo to be a same sex romance option, seriously, it's very obvious that Bioware had something like that in mind when they created Kaliyo in the first place and wrote her dialogue.

Your telling me it's a girl :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I didn't mean it to seem all negative, one of my best friends is a bisexual male. Actually most of my good friends are all Bisexual and a couple of them are lesbians. So I certainly am not biased against it.

Well...some girls enjoy an audience

now the Rakghoul sex just seems way too freaky, I mean aren't rakghouls all slimy and everything too?

Did I miss something in the Imperial Agent videos? When does he consider betraying you for the bugs? I could understand him doing that if you had chosen to kill a bunch of his fellow hivers in that Alderann fight though.

if you go LS and adamantly refuse to let cortess be taken over, he is sidetracked by it, but after you confirm you will oppose the killiks, he says his loyalty is to the empire first, and helps you fight the killiks. in latter dialogue you ask him how things are with him and the hive, aperantly they do not have the same sense of loyalty and betrayal as humans do, just a sense of wheighing things against the better of the hive. they aperantly still view him as an asset to the hive, or else they would have eaten him ( im guessing he means the little ones in his body) and he goes on his mission to find the missing hives to make amends.

another interesting tidbit i saw on my bf's sniper, is the " data bank" thoery does hold sound, and all joiners are...well so mentally intimate, they allow everyone else acess. so maybe that means he can keep certain memories and experiances to himself. he better, if hes following my agent around ( im talking more of an intel advantage over my private life here)

Female characters get shafted for Love romance options... I really think the devs have no IDEA what attracts a female... none whatsoever.

I think they have no idea what attracts anyone, personality-wise.

Looking at the LI "options" (maybe a better word is "opportunity") for each class, they're really pretty dismal.

If you're Imp female, you can have:

BugBoy, AlternateBetrayalBoy, Skeevy PirateBoy, or JustinBieber.

If you're Pub, you get to choose:

CowtipperBoy, ScummyHoloHoBoy, CatBoy, or ... (so who does Jedi Knight Gal get?)

No excuse for that, really.

How does this hive mind thing work exactly? I'm not sure that it's like a real-time mind reading thing...People joke about the whole race of Killiks getting to know the agent reeeeal well, but really, imagine if every Killik and joiner were subjected to every little thought and image ALL of them had All The Time. They'd go nuts!

I'm thinking it's more like a shared memory bank that any of them can sift through whenever they want. In ACT I for example...

we see Vector actually doing this when he sorts through another joiner's previous memories in order to find some info on the traitor's identity.

So basically, you'd have to take the trouble to look for the memory in the first place, and I can't imagine too many Killiks are that fascinated with other race's mating behaviors that they'd be keeping tabs. Other joiners though...hmmm...I don't know... :eek:

I don't think it's ever explained in great detail. One of Vector's post-marriage letters says the following:

"We found her interfacing with the HoloNet recently, and she told us what she saw--a thousand people, a thousand stories and places all at once. We told her we experience much the same thing when we commune with the nest."

We also must keep in mind that Vector isn't a typical joiner. It seems that he has to put in some sort of effort to communicate with the hive mind, while other joiners might just be in that state constantly.

I think there must be some kind of time or distance element too or else:

Vector would already know what happened to the missing Killik colony and where they were and wouldn't have to go searching for them.

The migration occurred while the Killiks that remained on Alderaan were in hibernation.

What I want to know is, how do they "make" a joiner? I had always assumed that it involved some communal effort with a group of Killiks involved but then I found out that:

Apparently Vector can make someone a joiner himself if he wants to! :eek:

I wish I could just ask him.

Pheromones. We know that Vector can emit Killik combat pheromones, so it wouldn't be too much of a leap to think he can emit pheromones for various other purposes, like joining. Also, one of his responses to a comment (the negative one?) about membrosia mentions something about the concentration of pheromones in it being too low to worry about.

Also, some mite-sized Killiks from his nest stowed away on him when he came aboard. It's possible that they could handle the pheromone component of joining.

And you can sort of ask him during his marriage proposal. He doesn't want the agent to do that for him.

...and diseased...

I think someone either had Vector confused with Malavai Quinn or blew the Cortess thing way out of proportion. :rolleyes: I wouldn't even consider that a real betrayal since

he will fight with you, if that is what you chose.

Pheromones. We know that Vector can emit Killik combat pheromones, so it wouldn't be too much of a leap to think he can emit pheromones for various other purposes, like joining. Also, one of his responses to a comment (the negative one?) about membrosia mentions something about the concentration of pheromones in it being too low to worry about.

Also, some mite-sized Killiks from his nest stowed away on him when he came aboard. It's possible that they could handle the pheromone component of joining.

And you can sort of ask him during his marriage proposal. He doesn't want the agent to do that for him.

I didn't pick that option in that conversation. Does anyone have a link to a vid that shows that dialogue.

As far as the female romance options go, females always get the short end of the stick. Look at ME3. And in TOR the male characters often have more than one companion LI choice. But as far as choices go, I don't think we have bad ones. And the variety is nice. I've started the Aric romance with my Trooper. He's a bit of a hard-case. But I'm getting used to him. We'll see how that one goes.

I like Doc's flirty nature and scoundrel ways. You just have to get past the corny pick up lines. But my Jedi shot him down here and there to keep him in line--made him work for her affections, which worked out well. He can be a bit self-centered/self-involved though.

Corso and Vector are my favorites though. Corso's just so enthusiastic and sweet. Yeah, he's a hick. But even my husband commented that his country ways have charm and that the character grew on him.

And Vector. He just has this mystery about him. He's human and alien at the same time. I love that he changes and grows with the story. Yeah, there's that incident at the beginning, but he makes it clear that the greater good of the Empire is always first with him. Hence he and my LS agent get along so very well. She loves that he's a bit of a riddle to be solved, that not everything is on the surface. His subtlety in his personality and especially in his humor is wonderful. Its always feels good when he has made a joke and she's caught it and called him on it. He's a deep thinker. And he's just very sweet and supportive throughout her trials.

Those that write him off as being a "creepy bugboy" without getting to know him are missing out IMO. Or perhaps they just aren't worthy of him. Personally, I'd love to learn more about the man in future installments of the game.

And about his Killik eyes: someone said that they were creepy black holes. They aren't holes, the whole globe of the eye is black, like the Chiss's are red. And I think they are lovely--they way that they are colored with a very pretty yellow on the lid margins. I was impressed that they could make black eyes look so soft and alluring.

And about his Killik eyes: someone said that they were creepy black holes. They aren't holes, the whole globe of the eye is black, like the Chiss's are red. And I think they are lovely--they way that they are colored with a very pretty yellow on the lid margins. I was impressed that they could make black eyes look so soft and alluring.

im not sure if it was a mod or not but one he had shading around them like sith corruption... not my thing. but then again i prefer blondes over dark haired guys, so whatever <3

but i like the eyes, they compliment my chiss', and they make you rely on other body language to tell the mood.

compared to some of the other male LIs, he is a little aloof, exept for his obvious sacrafices to show his feelings ( the temporary unlinking is a huge strain, and he can't survive multiple attempts, and you can just imagine the strings he had to pull to get you that stone...too bad they never show it)

but perhaps maybe it's best for my agent if they keep thier heads on straight instead of getting all infatuated with eachother. after all, my agent is a professional, and while i hope it never comes down to it, she has to be prepared for ANYTHING.

and thanks for calling torian beiber.... now i can't look at him the same >:(

he's still my #2 toy >:3

Edited by Crezelle

And about his Killik eyes: someone said that they were creepy black holes.

Comes from playing Call of Cthulhu for many years. One is repeatedly warned about meeting an old friend who has "gaping black pits where his eyes should be," and who just wants to come inside and talk for a bit. Such conversations should always be opened (and, as it happens, closed, often simultaneously) with a shotgun.

Should have done so with Bugboy, too, IMO. BW didn't give me that option.

compared to some of the other male LIs, he is a little aloof, exept for his obvious sacrafices to show his feelings ( the temporary unlinking is a huge strain, and he can't survive multiple attempts, and you can just imagine the strings he had to pull to get you that stone...too bad they never show it)

but perhaps maybe it's best for my agent if they keep thier heads on straight instead of getting all infatuated with eachother. after all, my agent is a professional, and while i hope it never comes down to it, she has to be prepared for ANYTHING.

and thanks for calling torian beiber.... now i can't look at him the same >:(

he's still my #2 toy >:3

Where do we learn about the unlinking causing strain? I'm thinking that I just didn't take that conversation path at some point with him. Vids?

And its not something I would ask him to do except on very special occasions (like our first time together since he even seemed to want the privacy). Most of the time my agent loves him just as he is.

I'm partial to dark hair and blue eyes myself. That's why I LOVE the mod for Corso where you can give him that appearance. <3

But for Vector, he's lovely the way he is originally. I looked at mods for him, but didn't find any of them better than his natural state. ;)

Where do we learn about the unlinking causing strain? I'm thinking that I just didn't take that conversation path at some point with him. Vids?

And its not something I would ask him to do except on very special occasions (like our first time together since he even seemed to want the privacy). Most of the time my agent loves him just as he is.

I'm partial to dark hair and blue eyes myself. That's why I LOVE the mod for Corso where you can give him that appearance. <3

But for Vector, he's lovely the way he is originally. I looked at mods for him, but didn't find any of them better than his natural state. ;)

if you opt to FTB with him unjoined, and ask " back to being a joiner?" instead of saying you love him too.

i dont know any vids on YT, i did some esc snooping around on that scene

and yeah, i looked at mods, and i prefer him au naturel too

i might wanna get jorgan a proper mane if they have a mod for that tho, i have a bit of a hair fetish and bald don't do it for me >:3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.