**SPOILERS** Losing my companion at 48.

HeroSmero

I've been trying to level quickly and was skipping through a scene in the class quest when something happened with Kaliyo that ended up making her unavailable to me. I thought that continuing through the class quests would get her back but I'm currently on Armageddon, which is a class 50 quest (I lost her at 48), and she's still Unavailable to me. It's frustrating because she's the only one who I've spent time gearing and I'm getting tired of dying because my other companions are terrible. Is this a bug, or will I get her back soon? Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if it's been posted about already, I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere.

I've been trying to level quickly and was skipping through a scene in the class quest when something happened with Kaliyo that ended up making her unavailable to me. I thought that continuing through the class quests would get her back but I'm currently on Armageddon, which is a class 50 quest (I lost her at 48), and she's still Unavailable to me. It's frustrating because she's the only one who I've spent time gearing and I'm getting tired of dying because my other companions are terrible. Is this a bug, or will I get her back soon? Thanks in advance for the help and apologies if it's been posted about already, I haven't been able to find info on this anywhere.

None of them can leave for good that i know of shell turn up.

I am in the same boat but at 47. I am trying to get my class quest done as well. Kaliyo was my main tank and now that she's gone it's been pretty rough. Scorpio is alright but she just doesn't have the same amount of gear I gave kaliyo and with her being a driod and I armormech I cannot gear her up. Edited by Aricus

Keep going.

I am in the same boat but at 47. I am trying to get my class quest done as well. Kaliyo was my main tank and now that she's gone it's been pretty rough. Scorpio is alright but she just doesn't have the same amount of gear I gave kaliyo and with her being a driod and I armormech I cannot gear her up.

I used SCORPIO as soon as I got her. I'm Cybertech, but have never been a good enough level to equip her properly. The gear you get from quests on Belsavis, Voss and the early parts of Corellia should make up for the lack very quickly. I'm concealment and I often alternated between damage and heals for her. Got through things very quickly.

I don't know how you guys are specced, but I'm concealment. The final quests in Corellia are doable -- though a bit difficult -- at 46.

Edited by Hamchuck

I remember thinking "Man, this would suck for people who are relying on Kaliyo."

She's gone for the entirety of Corellia. You get her back just before you do the final part of the class quest. One thing you might consider doing is just finishing the Corellia storyline quests, then moving on, getting her back, and returning to do the side quests later on.

Keep going.

I used SCORPIO as soon as I got her. I'm Cybertech, but have never been a good enough level to equip her properly. The gear you get from quests on Belsavis, Voss and the early parts of Corellia should make up for the lack very quickly. I'm concealment and I often alternated between damage and heals for her. Got through things very quickly.

I don't know how you guys are specced, but I'm concealment. The final quests in Corellia are doable -- though a bit difficult -- at 46.

I am sniper spec. I kinda wish I with with operative though.

Another problem I realized is that after Kaliyo left my companions crew skills have been bugged to hell and back. For some reason one I use a companion for a mission skill, they become unavailable for any other mission/gather/or craft skill. Can't use them until another companion finishes their mission skill and the thing is I can only send out 3 at a time when it says my max deployable is 4. Weird.

I guess the game counts kaliyo as out on a mission skill since she's unavailable.

Edited by Aricus

• 4 months later...

So which missions do you have to complete? I was told it was a mission on Voss.

I have gone as far as I can with class quests as I need her summoned to proceed.

I have no idea when I lost her as I have been power leveling. Should I go back and complete Voss or corrilia

It's annoying but, trust me, just keep going. I used SCORPIO for the time that you dont have Kaliyo and didn't have too many problems, although granted I knew ahead of time so I kinda spent the last half of Voss gearing up SCORPIO XD.

If you use SCORPIO, make sure that all of her abilities are turned on. She was having problem pulling aggro for me and I spent a lot of time healing up after mob fights, until I realized that about four very good abilities were turned off. Once I turned them on, she had very little trouble pulling aggro and I had few problems after that.

You really shouldn't skip through class quests - the Agent story line is the most awesome in the game! Side-quests are a different story, but class quests no. There are real choices that need to be made, and if you skip the dialogue you won't know any of the context!

I remember thinking "Man, this would suck for people who are relying on Kaliyo."

She's gone for the entirety of Corellia. You get her back just before you do the final part of the class quest. One thing you might consider doing is just finishing the Corellia storyline quests, then moving on, getting her back, and returning to do the side quests later on.

I rushed the class quest until the end, then get back to corellia for the side quests.

Anyway, there was too much suspense. Couldn't wait.

They had to remove her from your group in Corellia. When they were making the cutscene where you are getting tortured and your companion was in the room, she kept escaping first and stabbing you in the back. They finally gave up and decided her scene needed cut.

It's a bug. I've heard you have better luck if you try to start assigning missions from the top of the list down - Vector then whoever's second and so on.

I'm really surprised they haven't fixed this yet.

That actually works......Thanks.

Feedback for Bioware: this was a really poor decision. I can't see any reason for it. Kaliyo was my only geared character, and there was no gear for Scorpio on the AH at the time, so Corellia was more of a struggle than usual. But worse, it meant I enjoyed Corellia a lot less than I should have. I powered through it, doing only class and main planet quests with no side quests, so that I could get Kaliyo back as quickly as possible. And I was feeling resentful the whole time. A shame - it looks like it would have been a really enjoyable planet had I gone through it normally, but you spoiled it for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Bio Ware sucks!!!

My only crew skill that I have for Biotech and Biochem is now UNAVAILABLE!!!!!

And at level 44 so the quest to get her back is at 47, that is 3 levels?

Who is the idiot at Bio Ware that thought this crap up?

They didn't. It's a bug. :rolleyes:

You don't need particular companions to run crew missions, you know...they just have slight bonuses to crit/go faster.

all this now makes me even more curious to find out what happens at corellia as i have never completed the agent storyline yet. at least i get the heads up to use scorpio when i get her.

Losing Kaliyo isn't a bug....problems with crew missions bugging is.

Just keep in mind that as soon as you're about to start Corellia, you're going to be without Kaliyo for a while.

Incidentally, you lose a companion at the start of Corellia in the Consular story too. You get it back quicker than Kaliyo, though. You also lose a companion very briefly in the BH story.

Edited by chuixupu

Piss poor quest design for a game that relies heavily on companions. here will give you this companion and you spend time gearing her up only to have her take away before the final levels. who ever wrote this story should be fired.

That person wrote the best class story in the game, so hell no. :rolleyes:

As much as I was a little angry when it happened to me the first time, I quickly realized it really didn't hurt my game play at all.

I agree. I just finished my IA's story line and it was fantastic. Best story so far by leaps and bounds. Is there any news on further chapters?

Going back to losing Kaliyo. Losing characters is a normal part of the story and makes it all the more like a real story and not just a game. There's a reason you're given multiple companions and if you're only outfitting one and find out that a storyline needs another, don't blame the writer. They give you tools to survive. Throughout Corellia I found myself either using Scorpio or Doc Lokin with great success. I didn't miss Kaliyo at all, but then, I try to keep all my companions in updated gear. Doing so makes my game play more fun and less frustrating.