Saber Marshall's Armor?

Asterisks

I've begun farming the Suspicious Transients for the Saber Marshal's Boots. We'll see how the drops look after a few hours. There's at least 5 of them within Mos Ila ranging level 24-25.

Leads for this came from Torhead.

I got a pair from a random Sand Person on Tatooine. Funny thing was the loot color was the standard light blue.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a pair from a random Sand Person on Tatooine. Funny thing was the loot color was the standard light blue.

Orange rarity is a bit glitched. Orange items are treated as though they have rarity=the rarest upgrade in the item. Thus, their loot color when they have no upgrades in them is light blue(ie, the system thinks it's a white item). On the GTN, if you do a sort by rarity, you'll notice that the orange items are spread all over the place. If you look closely, you'll notice that they are placed in the sort order based on the rarest upgrade they have in them(ie, if somebody puts a blue upgrade in an orange item, the orange item shows up with the blues).

This probably has some consequences in trying to farm orange items from lockboxes as well. I haven't done any analysis on that yet though. I suspect if you try to do it, you want the lowest rarity lockbox you can get for the appropriate level. That's just an untested theory though.

This probably has some consequences in trying to farm orange items from lockboxes as well. I haven't done any analysis on that yet though. I suspect if you try to do it, you want the lowest rarity lockbox you can get for the appropriate level. That's just an untested theory though.

This has been my suspicion for awhile now as well. With what I've experienced on drops farming out these particular Saber Marshal pieces, we want the lowest grade item rolls. This means that premium lockboxes are your best bet via commendations.

The one thing I wish we had more concrete access to is the priority of RNG on the loot tables themselves. It's fairly easy to determine what mobs can drop what item level range loot, but getting odds on a particular tier drop is extremely vague. Couple that with what you mentioned regarding how custom pieces, whether empty or not, are categorized, it's quite the gamble.

I've been farming not only Suspicious Transients but all around Mos Ila and Outpost Varath with little to no consistency on orange drops. If I had to wager though, knowing that custom pieces generated with mods are almost inherently prototypes, they probably are picked randomly if RNG determines prototype loot. Likewise, on pieces such as the Saber Marshal which generate empty, you might be dealing with extreme odds as not only are you hoping for grey or white loot, but that the RNG selects an orange.

This is pure speculation from what I've seen between farming champion mobs for a few of these Saber Marshal pieces as well as strong or elite mobs.

Orange rarity is a bit glitched. Orange items are treated as though they have rarity=the rarest upgrade in the item. Thus, their loot color when they have no upgrades in them is light blue(ie, the system thinks it's a white item). On the GTN, if you do a sort by rarity, you'll notice that the orange items are spread all over the place. If you look closely, you'll notice that they are placed in the sort order based on the rarest upgrade they have in them(ie, if somebody puts a blue upgrade in an orange item, the orange item shows up with the blues).

Oh god, I wish I'd seen this sooner. I've been checking the GTN several times a day for weeks, filtering it to show 'Prototype and Custom' and above. I managed to find a single level 43 Sith Warrior Heavy Armor bracer, the only class/armor combo I don't have. Tried today with the filter left on 'Any' and found an IA bracer, along with various chests and pants. I don't want to know how many items I missed because of their screwy filtering...

PS I bought the SW bracer anyway. Was a bit pricey, but I figured 'just in case'. I got a second one from a random mob 2 days later. I just laughed.

just out of curiosity, has anyone tried buying the republic equivalent of say the saber marshal's gloves (omenbringer gloves) and transferring it via the nar shadaa gtn and seeing if it will change? the reason i ask this is that if its truly a world drop then how come the reps only get their version of it. i was thinking that since its a faction specific world drop, it might switch to our version when transferred.

just out of curiosity, has anyone tried buying the republic equivalent of say the saber marshal's gloves (omenbringer gloves) and transferring it via the nar shadaa gtn and seeing if it will change? the reason i ask this is that if its truly a world drop then how come the reps only get their version of it. i was thinking that since its a faction specific world drop, it might switch to our version when transferred.

I think it's because the set is below level 30, where PvP starts. The Bosses that drop Saber Marshal gear on DK are not accessible by the Republic.

The only proof we have of that is not seeing them on the Nar Shadda GTN, and honestly I doubt anyone in their 40s are bothering with getting the stuff to the neutral GTN. They most likely get banked for someone rolling Imperial alts.

That's probably the dumbest theory I've heard on loot in a while.

Nope, still dropping. I just got Saber Marshal's Handwraps off of Lord Inath. Yesterday I got waist off of Fallen Lord.

So far, I've got everything but boots. Just want one more pair of bracers before I move on to Tatooine.

Edited by Chegain

Sitting watching the Super Bowl and killing Inath (gloves) whenever he comes up.

No luck yet. Just want to mention an observation.

Unless I kill a few trash mobs between Inath spawns, he will not drop any loot.

So there might be some anti-farming code in place.

Pointless, but seems to be there.

Edited by Slalomswtor

Not related to actually discovering where these items drop, but I did find a Saber Marshall's Waistwrap for sale yesterday on Terentatek's GTN for 7.3k credits. It's astonishing to me that someone would just practically give this away.

Not related to actually discovering where these items drop, but I did find a Saber Marshall's Waistwrap for sale yesterday on Terentatek's GTN for 7.3k credits. It's astonishing to me that someone would just practically give this away.

I got Supreme Inquisitor's Robe for 7650c, the only known set so far (not counting social gear) that has pants for bottoms. The bracers though the seller was smart and had it listed at like 50k or something.

I got Supreme Inquisitor's Robe for 7650c, the only known set so far (not counting social gear) that has pants for bottoms. The bracers though the seller was smart and had it listed at like 50k or something.

I agree that the Supreme Inquisitor's Robe and Lower Robe have a greater aesthetic, especially to those looking for "not a dress," but I was speaking with regards to orange moddable belts and bracers, which I never got from a drop (story/planetary/flashpoint) or a story/planetary non-heroic quest reward my whole playtime of 1-50.

On Bloodworthy (EU) these pieces are not worth much & people dont buy them. Been grinding bosses in DK for over 2 weeks and never seen the TD-07A Panther gloves. Lord Inath drops greens and some blues. Abysmal droprate on these sets...

When my sorcerer first hit lvl 19 I started farming Valen Korik for the waistwrap.

By the time the belt dropped, I had:

• 177 blue items
  • 6 purple items
  • 8 orange items
  • 7 schematics
  • 22 DK commendations
  • gained 3 xp levels
  • gained 121,000 credits (All greens were npc'd )
  • raised each gathering skill 20-odd points (Scavenging, Archaeology, Slicing)

Worth it? :):confused::mad:

Damn I'm still watching the thread hoping anyone has confirmed drops for the boots or headgear.

I've periodically sunk a few hours in here and there on killing mobs trying to get either to drop, but I just am unsure of how the loot rng works to even know if its possible from said mobs.

Worst part is, unlike DK, there are no champion tier mobs to farm on Tatooine or Alderaan.

:jawa_frown:

Edited by SodaOfYoda

I'm really interested to know more about the toons people used, who got these things to drop on DK. I have been farming for over a week and a half trying to get the saber marshal handwraps to drop, and I think in all that time I have seen the guy drop one orange double bladed saber.

I have farmed every named mob in the zone, many many times, farmed Heroics. I have used a level 50, I have used a level 40, even been trying to work up a new toon that is closer to the mob level to see if that helps. I have logged out between kills, I have killed trash mobs between kills, I have had my toon even farm naked. In all that time NOT ONE SINGLE PIECE of saber marshall gear has dropped from ANY mob.

I am curious if people are using 50's to farm, or something more in line with the world level, like level 20. To be honest im sick of the farming, the only reason I keep trying is there isn't any other black gloves I like that are light armor, and moddable. Farming really gets old when nothing EVER drops FROM ANY of the mobs.

Used to be a few pieces show up on the GTN, but even the last couple weeks, it's completely dried up.

/frustrated

Edited by Rilokin