Character Texture flickering

Arikado_Xodan

I open up the character select screen today, and the textures on my characters are flickering. Patches of black are flickering CONSTANTLY on characters, both me, NPC's, and other players. Just sudden flashes of black patches appearing in-and-out, all over everyones bodies.

I've tried changing the character texture details, aliasing, and shadow quality to see if that would fix it... Nothing happened. This is frustrating to deal with, as I'm wasting precious subscription time trying to resolve this issue...

Right now, I have no desire to even touch this game until this matter is resolved... I'm gonna probably try reinstalling the game later to see if that'll fix it... But I'm not holding my breath...

Same problem here, putting shaders on very low works but its pathetic to play with that so. In lighted zones like tatooine it seems to be fixed but in dark or dungeons it continues , just in my character and other npcs even my mount

Why are people asking Bioware to fix Nvidia's driver issue?

this is the 3rd driver in 10 months that Nvidia has broken something in trying to fix issues with new (badly ported from console) games

If it's a driver problem sure, but can also be Bioware using something in the drivers that has been updated/changed.

So even if it's a driver problem we need it here so Bioware can fix it or help us pestering Nvidia to get it fixed or find a workaround for it. And to tell other players that this is a problem more than one have.

Why are people asking Bioware to fix Nvidia's driver issue?

this is the 3rd driver in 10 months that Nvidia has broken something in trying to fix issues with new (badly ported from console) games

Because Bioware owns Nvidia and can make them do what ever they want.

Yep. Same problem here too. I have the option of rolling back the drivers but it leaves me unable to play the BF1 beta so I have to basically choose between flickering textures in SWTOR or missing out on the BF1 beta.

To be honest though, with how much of the buggy mess the BF1 beta currently is, I think I know what choice I'm going to make.

Edited by Tythos

Yep. Same problem here too. I have the option of rolling back the drivers but it leaves me unable to play the BF1 beta so I have to basically choose between flickering textures in SWTOR or missing out on the BF1 beta.

To be honest though, with how much of the buggy mess the BF1 beta currently is, I think I know what choice I'm going to make.

LOL

I too am having the same issues. But I'm not rolling my drivers back. So I will deal.

Uncomfortable to look at, but rolling back my drivers would affect too many other things. I'll wait and see if a later driver from NVIDIA fixes it, or Bioware codes around it. Shame, was just about to start playing again to decide whether to keep or cancel my sub...