Claiming the Throne (Zakuul Arc Conclusion)

MastarSurara

Okay, Lukenas here. I'm thinking that at the end of all of this Eternal Throne business, that we should be given three options. Give the throne to Senya (Assuming she's alive, Light Side), Let Zakuul form its own government (Light Side), become the new Emperor of Zakuul, dictator style (Dark Side). Personally I think this would be a great conclusion because of the fact that we've been fighting over Zakuul, so why not reward ourselves?

Okay, Lukenas here. I'm thinking that at the end of all of this Eternal Throne business, that we should be given three options. Give the throne to Senya (Assuming she's alive, Light Side), Let Zakuul form its own government (Light Side), become the new Emperor of Zakuul, dictator style (Dark Side). Personally I think this would be a great conclusion because of the fact that we've been fighting over Zakuul, so why not reward ourselves?

Because we would become TOO powerful.

The only way we claim the Eternal Empire is if the Eternal Throne and the Eternal Fleet (too many Eternals:p) are destroyed and thus we gain a crippled Empire.

A non-crippled empire would make our PC too powerful.

You know what you get then? Do you? Do you want to know? Do you?

ABELOTH

And no one wants more Abeloths do we?

Edited by AshlaBoga

That's exactly why I'm figuring all the "Take the Eternal Throne" talk has to be a metaphor or analogy of some kind for undoing the current mess the galaxy is in. If our characters actually did become Emperor, then how would the standard game format of going out to quest even begin to work since it's not like the Eternal Emperor's going to have to go out on their own to collect X amount of nerf ***** to turn in to some guy in the next outpost.

Unless of course at the end of this and our characters are ascending the throne, they suddenly wake up next to thier love interest who admonishes them about how they always dream weird when they've overdone it at the all you can eat beer and nerfbrats buffet.

That's exactly why I'm figuring all the "Take the Eternal Throne" talk has to be a metaphor or analogy of some kind for undoing the current mess the galaxy is in. If our characters actually did become Emperor, then how would the standard game format of going out to quest even begin to work since it's not like the Eternal Emperor's going to have to go out on their own to collect X amount of nerf ***** to turn in to some guy in the next outpost.

Unless of course at the end of this and our characters are ascending the throne, they suddenly wake up next to thier love interest who admonishes them about how they always dream weird when they've overdone it at the all you can eat beer and nerfbrats buffet.

It will be glorious I can already see the conversations:

PC: "What is the status?"

Random eternal empire mook: "Oh, you radiance the eternal Empress/Emporer her/himself. I am not worthy of your presence. Allow me to bask in your glory."

PC: "Yes of course, you may tremble in fear and adoration at my feet."

Random eternal empire mook: "Thank you my Empress/Emporer. As for the status: We have run into trouble with some random pirate gang that is hiding in the sewers. I sent a strike team after them, but they haven't returned yet. You must help us defeat them oh most glorious one otherwise your mighty empire will be slightly inconvenienced."

PC: "What you expect me, the f*cking Empress/Emperor, to crawl into the sewers and kill some low life pirates? This is ridicioulus and way beneath my status. Can't you just send more skytroopers down there."

Random eternal empire mook: "Sorry your highness, can't do. Only you, our immortal Empress/Emperor, can show that filth the might of the eternal empire. Now here I suggest you put those waterproof boots on since you'll be walking through knee-high sh*t in the sewers."

PC: "But..."

Random eternal empire mook: "Just get going already your highness. I'll be dutifully wayting here for you to report back and I'll already make sure your servants back at your palace will have a bath prepared for you after you'll get out of the sewers. Glory for the eternal empire and of course glory to you." *Dismisses PC by simply turning around, ending the conversation and ignoring her/him from then on.*

PC: *Grubmles and walks off to do the sh*tty errand*

Edited by fovzwk

It will be glorious I can already see the conversations:

PC: "What is the status?"

Random eternal empire mook: "Oh, you radiance the eternal Empress/Emporer her/himself. I am not worthy of your presence. Allow me to bask in your glory."

PC: "Yes of course, you may tremble in fear and adoration at my feet."

Random eternal empire mook: "Thank you my Empress/Emporer. As for the status: We have run into trouble with some random pirate gang that is hiding in the sewers. I sent a strike team after them, but they haven't returned yet. You must help us defeat them oh most glorious one otherwise your mighty empire will be slightly inconvenienced."

PC: "What you expect me, the f*cking Empress/Emperor, to crawl into the sewers and kill some low life pirates? This is ridicioulus and way beneath my status. Can't you just send more skytroopers down there."

Random eternal empire mook: "Sorry your highness, can't do. Only you, our immortal Empress/Emperor, can show that filth the might of the eternal empire. Now here I suggest you put those waterproof boots on since you'll be walking through knee-high sh*t in the sewers."

PC: "But..."

Random eternal empire mook: "Just get going already your highness. I'll be dutifully wayting here for you to report back and I'll already make sure your servants back at your palace will have a bath prepared for you after you'll get out of the sewers. Glory for the eternal empire and of course glory to you." *Dismisses PC by simply turning around, ending the conversation and ignoring her/him from then on.*

PC: *Grubmles and walks off to do the sh*tty errand*

Yeah, I can see this too. Hopefully, they won't add this and have the PC destroy the throne or choose a ruler or something.

Maybe the PC can become an advisor for the throne's ruler (DS) or return to their government and become an advisor. (LS)

The only way we claim the Eternal Empire is if the Eternal Throne and the Eternal Fleet (too many Eternals:p) are destroyed and thus we gain a crippled Empire.

A non-crippled empire would make our PC too powerful.

You know what you get then? Do you? Do you want to know? Do you?

ABELOTH

And no one wants more Abeloths do we?

We'd have to bathe ourselves in the pool of knowledge and drink from the fountain of power first though:rak_01:.

We'd have to bathe ourselves in the pool of knowledge and drink from the fountain of power first though:rak_01:.

I'm pretty sure that my Crazy Side (my inq isn't Dark or Light, he's freaking loco) Master of the Dead has probably already bathed and drunk from some pretty funky pools and fountains.

We need to remember Chapter 12 though, where Valkorion, and Satele and Darth Marr, are constantly yammering that defeating Arcann isn't enough, failure to "claim the throne" and "remaking the galaxy" will "lead only into chaos."

What all that yammering DOESN'T say is whether we have to KEEP it, or what we're supposed to DO with it.

Sooner or later we'll find all that out. One thing I remember from an old Sega Genesis cartridge RPG called Sorcerer's Kingdom is that an adventurer must have adventure. Sitting in a throne room as royalty is akin to dying. Or, at the very least, it's a part of the "story" that we're not interested in reading, haha.

We need to remember Chapter 12 though, where Valkorion, and Satele and Darth Marr, are constantly yammering that defeating Arcann isn't enough, failure to "claim the throne" and "remaking the galaxy" will "lead only into chaos."

What all that yammering DOESN'T say is whether we have to KEEP it, or what we're supposed to DO with it.

Sooner or later we'll find all that out. One thing I remember from an old Sega Genesis cartridge RPG called Sorcerer's Kingdom is that an adventurer must have adventure. Sitting in a throne room as royalty is akin to dying. Or, at the very least, it's a part of the "story" that we're not interested in reading, haha.

That is a good point, what do we do after we remake the galaxy. I know some will likely want to go the everything burns route or go total domination going from how some of the more staunchly DS players post. Others would likely want to shepard the galaxy into a new era of peace. With my roster, considering how much of a mess they've seen of having one person in charge either publicly or behind the scenes, they'd likely step down fast once everything's fixed rather than have everything eventually repeat.

I'm pretty sure that my Crazy Side (my inq isn't Dark or Light, he's freaking loco) Master of the Dead has probably already bathed and drunk from some pretty funky pools and fountains.

LOL you and Harbinger(my main inquisitor)would have a blast then.

Not happening. They will never allow our characters that choice. They probably already have it wrote that someone else takes over. Do you really think they would give us this option when they have made our characters look incompetent to run the alliance since Theron, Koth and Lana do everything and then come to us and tell us of the plan instead of asking our ideas?