we need more player levels

Shineside

Isn't that technically the DVL event?

Sounds like the LvD event.

Edit: Ninja'd by peter! :p

They side we were getting a new event about DvL and instead we got reply 5yrs worth of the game again. So what is stopping them from doing it with new expansion?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admire your restraint at using the term "obnoxious". I can think of much more vitriolic and accurate terms. The decision to make us "re-earn" skills we already knew has had the greatest negative impact on my enjoyment of SWTOR than any other development in the game. It's nothing I would quit over. But it did induce me to boycott SWTOR during what would have been my prime SWTOR-playing time of year. It is the only time, in more than a decade of MMOs, that I ever felt the phrase "slap in the face" justified.

I'm fine when games add stuff. Make me earn the added stuff. That's the way of things. Just don't tell me that reacquiring the stuff you just took from me is "new" stuff. If they can't be bothered to add new Utility Points (and maybe some new skills), then just leave it alone.

This is what really turned me off to the whole idea. Not only utility points, but they moved passives and abilities in the skill trees/disciplines up as well. There is something about that I just find revolting and cheap. And I expect we will have them revisit this upon us.

Not too much really irks me in games, I've been at this for as long as gaming has been around and I know my own wants and desires will rarely or never be fully realized by developers. But this really got under my skin, and I expect it will happen again.

Normally I'm all for raising level-caps, but with lvl-sync and how quick it is to level, I just don't see a point any more.

This, so much of this.

There is absolutely zero point in new levels, unless of course they decide to add a load of new abilities to each class, in which case I guess it makes some sense to add levels. Mind you, with level sync, is there any point to having new abilities tied to new levels? They could just pull a class tree thing and just alter the abilities everyone already has at max level.

Yes, they can make DvD and LvL events too.

No... no... no... sorry ... but most of the player base will catch onto what their doing if they do that. What they really need to do is just call it DVL instead of LVD, and then we can go through another content filled repetitious cycle, this time using all 8 advanced classes.

No... no... no... sorry ... but most of the player base will catch onto what their doing if they do that. What they really need to do is just call it DVL instead of LVD, and then we can go through another content filled repetitious cycle, this time using all 8 advanced classes.

The Ultimate Legendary achievement will require 16 brand-new base classes leveled to 60 without picking an advanced class. 8 of them at Light V and 8 of them as Dark V.

:eek:

Most player drank the Kool-Aid and will keep drinking the Kool-Aid. Some of us saw this event for what it is. Filler because there is nothing else for us do till next expansion comes out. How much you want to bet after the next expansion we get another DvL event with new achievement that can only be done on a freshly created after the start of the event. They could have easily had event include players main but it would mean people would have finished it way too fast. They need to drag the event out for as long as they can since there is nothing else going on in game.

Edited by Warrgames

The Ultimate Legendary achievement will require 16 brand-new base classes leveled to 60 without picking an advanced class. 8 of them at Light V and 8 of them as Dark V.

:eek:

Don't forget finishing all the sm ops in a group of such characters :)

More character levels are completely not needed with level sync. All the resources put into raising the level cap and all the work that goes with it (balance, new skills, new talents, redistributed tree points, etc) should go into something else that has been lacking throughout KotFE and before.

1. Fine tune what we already have as far as the level sync. There are many areas that need TLC since becoming Tactical FPs or because low levels don't have the skills needed for some boss encounters (or some normal FP encounters that are harder than the boss encounters). I don't mean player skills, I mean character skills. Not having more than one Defense CD can be detrimental for some classes, some skills proc off other skills and without those procs, damage can be very limiting in fights that need all that damage before an enrage or to minimize the number of times a boss can use a specficly damaging unavoidable attack... without exploiting bugs to do it. It seems some encounters have actually incorporated exploiting the bugs to beat them since the bugs don't get fixed and the exploiting players don't get banned. Just because players can 'cope' with a bug doesn't mean it shouldn't get fixed (I'm looking at the Kilran boss fight as an example among many).

2. Speaking of bugs, fix some bugs. It seems for every 100 bugs created only 5 get fixed... ever. Especially the blatant ones like mobs stuck in equipment that can damage the player but not be damaged by the player, landing positions in the Heroic star fortresses (one time my fellow group member and I died over 18 times just trying to jump those gaps, yes I lost count at 18, it was more. Both died 4 times just trying to get up to the Exarch for the final fight).

3. Playtesting should be done. At least presently, it doesn't seem like it's being done. Otherwise, the bugs in the Star Fortresses wouldn't be there.

4. Go read a good book. This is probably pretty important to know how to weave a good story. Read a few good stories so you can actually write them for the game. This can go hand in hand with making the story immersive. Believe it or not, you can, with good writing and good encounter planning, create a good cohesive and immersive story that involves player interaction through dialogue and/or combat.

5. Make sure the content isn't biased or generalizing for one type of class. Like this KotFE is for force users. At the very least encounters (and cut scenes) should be modified a bit for force users and non-force users. If you want to go the extra mile, modify it for Republic and Empire players (also with the modification for force and non-force users). Then if you want to go the extra 10 miles, modify them further between the specific classes. What I mean by this is small branches that tailor the story to the class but loop back to the main plot. So keep your singular story but have it affect each class differently.

From what I gather from KotFE, most of the work was creating the maps we played in and everything else was just thrown in from an outline of what was barely thought of and trying to get it done so the Dev's could go do their raid in WoW. At least it doesn't seem like they play SWTOR. If they did, fixing those bugs would have been more of a priority.

Sorry so long so for those who say TLDR:

We don't need more levels, we need more viable content.

Edited by Keraejis

Well.... that hasn't worked then! Perhaps if they produced, oh I don't know for example, repeatable content??? :eek:

I'm genuinely curious what you mean by repeatable content. The weekly Heroics are repeatable. Do you mean more of those, or more things like dailies or weeklies? Or something like the main story or quest line having dynamic options so going through it on alts you might see completely different dialogue and /or outcomes? (obviously there'd have to be a limit to that too, but something like 5 different choices at each junction?) (think, something like the "choose your own adventure" books where each decision takes you to a different place in the book)

I see the "repeatable content" request a lot. Just wondering what exactly people want for that.

Edited by TapVallian

I'm genuinely curious what you mean by repeatable content. The weekly Heroics are repeatable. Do you mean more of those, or more things like dailies or weeklies? Or something like the main story or quest line having dynamic options so going through it on alts you might see completely different dialogue and /or outcomes? (obviously there'd have to be a limit to that too, but something like 5 different choices at each junction?) (think, something like the "choose your own adventure" books where each decision takes you to a different place in the book)

I see the "repeatable content" request a lot. Just wondering what exactly people want for that.

New content that is repeatable for the character you play as your main is an example (not being able to do content that is 2+ years old under the new level sync). The repeatable content for KOTFE involves changing characters and just doing the chapters again.

Taking a step further, there are calls for repeatable group content. Ideally this would be new operations - but also FPs

Edited by Jamtas

Normally I'm all for raising level-caps, but with lvl-sync and how quick it is to level, I just don't see a point any more.

thats only if we raise the cap by a few level im talking about i big increase like 100 or 120 so it would take more time and to and the last 15 would have a lot more EXP to level up but to reward them for that long grind they would be given something like a random pack that has a higher chance of a rare item and have a chance to get a very rare high level armor set blaster or saber that is the most powerful weapon that has room for 2 of all modifcation like 2 mods 2 enhancements and 2 armors weapons would have 2 crystals that would make a saber or lazer would have twisted half and half meaning the colors would look like a twisted pretzel of of the force

I don't mind a new level cap with next expansion. Don't mind if it stays the same either. For those saying its not needed, "Oh no don.t want to have to do anymore grinding" .yea whatever its about what I expected from those players going by the rest of there posts here on the forums.

Same players constantly complaining they have nothing to do.

I don't mind a new level cap with next expansion. Don't mind if it stays the same either. For those saying its not needed, "Oh no don.t want to have to do anymore grinding" .yea whatever its about what I expected from those players going by the rest of there posts here on the forums.

Same players constantly complaining they have nothing to do.

Pretty well this. I will be shocked if they don't give it a bump with 5.0.

They have been setting up the whole game with bolster and sync so it can be done easily from here on in, so I'll be very surprised if it doesnt happen.

since most of my character are maxed out and im done with most of the quests and there is a new story line coming in the fall we need to bump up the max level from 65 because it would give all the maxed player a chance to grind on more powerful enemies not to mention is would create a market for high level gear and to help keep the players busy in the mean while waiting for the new question you could have a sory arcs on each core and outer rim world tracking your old companions back by doing a bunch of quests and adding new story mini-quest to each world for players whos level is 65+ to help them grind and get good stuff in the process

DEAR CUSTOMER: Max level is now 10,000 !

Please keep playing and paying as we continually seek to improve STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC.

:)

There's no point upping the cap if there's nothing new to make it worthwhile. The grind for gear stopped with level synch and no new operations. An increase would be meaningless. - If you want to repeat old content like a hamster on a wheel, go for it. A new cap and gear level won't make any difference.

Luke warm.

Wait, wrong joke for that punchline, sorry. :D

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

I found the correct punchline for the joke. =D

Anyway, to the topic at hand-

It took me a whole maybe two hours to go from 60 to 65 on my main when KotFE launched, and I didn't even have the EXP boost (my main still has a bunch sitting around in her storage locker and can't even send them to my alts). When SoR went live, and she was a 55, it did actually take longer to reach the new level limit due to the EXP rewards, but 4.0 made leveling beyond a breeze.

I can spend about two hours and be at level thirty on a newly rolled character and maybe just be reaching Coruscant/DK. If levels went up, they'd not feel like natural progression to me, but more like, well, how this games throws EXP at us for nothin'. Gear, on the other hand, takes more work and I feel more achievement in working for the gear than levels. Heck, I get proud of myself for reputation ranks more than leveling.

Unless the cap was bumped up from 65 to 80 with KotET, then leveling up again would feel more like a reward for running the wheel again.

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside."

I found the correct punchline for the joke. =D

Anyway, to the topic at hand-

It took me a whole maybe two hours to go from 60 to 65 on my main when KotFE launched, and I didn't even have the EXP boost (my main still has a bunch sitting around in her storage locker and can't even send them to my alts). When SoR went live, and she was a 55, it did actually take longer to reach the new level limit due to the EXP rewards, but 4.0 made leveling beyond a breeze.

I can spend about two hours and be at level thirty on a newly rolled character and maybe just be reaching Coruscant/DK. If levels went up, they'd not feel like natural progression to me, but more like, well, how this games throws EXP at us for nothin'. Gear, on the other hand, takes more work and I feel more achievement in working for the gear than levels. Heck, I get proud of myself for reputation ranks more than leveling.

Unless the cap was bumped up from 65 to 80 with KotET, then leveling up again would feel more like a reward for running the wheel again.

well i don't suggest a moderate cap raise im taling like at least a 20-30 level increase which each level take mcuh longer to get ti not to mention adding new parts of planets strictly ofr this level range