Opening packs takes too long

Bomyne

I just bought a hypercrate on the market, and had to manually open that to release the packs (WHich i'm fine with)...

Opening 30 packs took a long time... There are too many unnecessary animations, and I had to click "Next pack", wait for animation, then click "reveal all" and wait for an animation again.

I understand that some people do like flashy graphics, which is why I think an optional "Open all packs" button should be on the main pack screen. Something to skip all the clicking and animations.

Thank you.

Why are you in constant hurry?

Video games aren't work where you have to do things in tight schedule.

no, but when people have limited time to play (becasue they do have work, and families and number of other things also occupying their time), they would rather spend that time you know PLAYING than watching pointless animations.

Edited by Jeweledleah

I hate that the items no longer show up in chat. Previously, everyone in group chat could see if you get a rare item and congratulate you, now it is completely invisible. :(

Oh and yes, the animation takes too long and should be skippable. And they should allow us to preview decorations and mounts without exiting pack viewer. And you should be able to fast forward through opening packs with a single keybind. And placing your mouse over an unopened pack should show the correct rarity, not always gold.

But I don't really expect BioWare to overhaul the pack viewer. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jerba

Was this DvL event supposed to teach the joy of pack opening? I got a full Reaver set which I was already wearing on the toon that opened my packs, parts of other sets I already have unlocked, and a full Darth Sion which is now half bound to my main DvL toon... is there any way to put that into my new pack opening experience window? No. and yes that was painfully slow to open 30 packs

It doesn't take that long just keep clicking randomly and the packs zoom in faster and then speed click the packs

Yeah, this is correct. You can just keep clicking and it skips the animations. The number of clicks and time is about the same, because before if you bought a hyper-crate you would spend tons of time making room in your inventory to hold all the packs, then you each pack took about 3 seconds to open, then you had to claim those items, then you had more inventory clutter to sort through, etc. In the long run I would say you are spending the same amount of time with less clutter. so IMO the new system is abit better.

I do like the new system. YEah if you decide to look at each one, one at a time, it takes awhile. But I also like how it just puts everything from the crates in a tab so I can alt hop to dispense stuff with, as I tend to reserve certain items for certain alts. Though most of whichever alt unlocks something will eventually be an acct wide unlock, honestly I usually only keep a few things from each set, then sell whatever I won't use on the GTN.

Pros: I love the item stash its great improvement and saves my cargo space.

Cons: Animations take dang to long, 30 event packs took forever.

They need to have an opt out for the animation or a speed up open all. Ya doing 1-5 packs sure ill go through the animations, doing 30+ hell no.

Props for the item stash though great improvement :D

Pros: I love the item stash its great improvement and saves my cargo space.

You do realize the item stash is only necessary when they have BoP items in packs.

Before the DvL packs, nothing was BoP (I don't think).

Now, Bioware is free to include BoP items in any packs, whether they are rewarded like from DvL or bought from the CM.

Is that a good thing?

You do realize the item stash is only necessary when they have BoP items in packs.

Before the DvL packs, nothing was BoP (I don't think).

Now, Bioware is free to include BoP items in any packs, whether they are rewarded like from DvL or bought from the CM.

Is that a good thing?

Lol, reminds me of a joke post i made about the new box opening experience being the first step to removing collections :)

I hate that the items no longer show up in chat. Previously, everyone in group chat could see if you get a rare item and congratulate you, now it is completely invisible. :(

Oh and yes, the animation takes too long and should be skippable. And they should allow us to preview decorations and mounts without exiting pack viewer. And you should be able to fast forward through opening packs with a single keybind. And placing your mouse over an unopened pack should show the correct rarity, not always gold.

But I don't really expect BioWare to overhaul the pack viewer. :rolleyes:

Items from packs never used to show up in chat, even rare items, unless the person manually posted them to chat.

They just need to add a button open all.

While that makes sense at one level.. I believe if players do not consciously see what came out of each pack, then they will very likely "claim" they did not get the number of items from packs that are published. I've seen these threads before in the forum, when players manually open packs one after the other without watching anything other then the cooldown graphic.

Honestly.. can the average player in MMOs these days not take their time on things at all? Maybe the studio needs to put in a button on the UI that flashes in bright gold YOU BEAT THE GAME, PLEASE UNINSTALL NOW. :p