Stark -

Soulchilde

Am I one of the only few who had no problem with this fight?

I'm a shadow tank, (...)

I am also kinetic and had no problems at all, first try with Nadia. I was rather surprised to come here and see this being mentioned as a very tough fight. It seems to be a lot harder for Sages, so it would seem it's not very well balanced.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me this fight is broken for one reason. I like to play challenging games (Demon souls come to mind), but I want to be challenged by boss and not the clumsy interface.

A few things:

1. If I put focus on boss (alt+f), I can't see if he performs induction attack / heal or not. This is a terrible idea, because if I heal companion, I don't see there are more important things to attend to.

2. I can't "attack through companion". This means, if I heal, I'd like to spam my attacks and not constantly switch back and forth. It's imo very unexpected design decision.

So either prove me wrong that those things are somehow customizable (I've looked for that, yet couldn't find) or I will really be taking a break from this game. :)

I tried today cca. 10 times with lvl 45 fully developed healer (and some nice gear) and either Nadia or Qyzen died. The bill is so high, it's certainly demotivating. I tried the LoS tactics, but it's not working well for me thanks to the fact that the movement is too slow and companion gets squished. At the end I ended up soloing stark (with dead companion) and brought him down to cca. 10 percent of his health bar but he killed me anyway. :)

Also for those still struggling, don't forget to use Rescue if you want to pull companion from the coming danger.

I had no problems beating stark with Nadia the first try, im Inf specced, interrupted every cast, very few came through, i guess i also got a little lucky, you do have to use abilities you get (cant comment on balance tho). I have to say I was squishy as hell, tried the robot elite that stands outside after beating Stark, it plowed through me, with Nadia i didn't even come close to killing it...

I think that the story bosses being challenging is awesome btw. I'm tired of all content having to be of a faceroll difficulty level or people whine about it. you can always get someone to help if you can't solo it.

I did manage to solo this with nadia but the trick is to go to the med vendor and buy some stims. Interupt his self heal, his long casts you can los out of like they said then get back in there, if your quick you can put nadia on passive so she doesn't eat the damage either

start with nadia having threat so she takes some punishment, pull off of her at approx 50% of her health, that gives you a solid headstart. use a medpac as soon as your helath is low enough to maximize it's use and you might be able to get a second off during the fight. rotate your cooldowns including your trinkets get him to 30 % so you can burn himwith executes.

A tough fight for sure, i found it harder than the last boss fight because of my reliance on theran up until this point but it is very doable.

Well, as I stated, I love challenge myself. :) But still I think that one shouldn't be challenged by the game interface. I don't think my points would make the fight "for wimps". I just want to concentrate on boss and current way (how the interface is designed) adds extra chore in constant target switching and blind induction testing.

On the other hand, this is the very first really challenging boss (for me) so I might find a way eventually. I'd never take anyone to my solo class quests. ;)

Use Theran, he makes every boss fight laughable. I'm still lol'ing at Vivicar being the only thing I heard about for 30 levels or so and how he was so bad and evil, etc. and then he dies in 30 seconds.

If you are using your full array of tools/interupts and have Theran healing, the class bosses for Consular are an absolute joke.

Ditto to all of the above. I used Nadia first time around on Stark (tank specced Shadow) and died rather unexpectedly. Switched to Tharan, turned off /faceroll mode, and interrupted all of his healing abilities. Didn't need to LOS at all, though.

I had my run in with Stark the other night, and at the same time somehow my quick bar became unlocked and I lost lots of actions. So there is me trying to get an attack off and nothing happening--look down and there is no action assigned there anymore! So in the middle of the fight I ran out to the bulkhead door to duck behind and reconstruct my quick action bar/config. I expected to get wiped and have to start over, but for whatever reason Stark either just stood there or attacked Tharen and did no damage. Got it fixed, came out from hiding, and finished him off. So dramatic, but for the wrong reasons. Plus I over leveled him a fair bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a lvl 45 seer, invested everything so far in healing (so no extra armor, no extra dmg).

I've tried LOS, but he keeps hitting me right throug the wall, does the wall not count as LOS because you can see through it (that would kinda make sense)? Also, my interrupts often don't seem to work.

Died 4 times so far, haven't gotten him further than half way down. I got the best result so far with theran (the healing doesn't count for much, his cc doesn't seem to work most of the time but his interrupts do have a VERY big effect).

To all the ppl yelling there has to be a challenge to the game, you're absolutely right!

You should learn stuff from time to time, like errr learning how to read.

Not that many ppl in this thread have asked for him to be nerfed. I do have seen quite a bit remarks about never needing something, and then suddenly being expected to have mastered it. This was the case a couple of levels back with interrupting (forgot the mobs name, i believe it was on quesh), and it is the case here with los.

The problem with this game is not that mobs are to hard. In fact, my companion killed half the mobs on this ship without me joining the fight. So you are totally unprepared for a fight like this. And there's nothing to teach you how to use your skills/tactics.

I want to learn, and I expect the game to teach me. That's what I paid for. If I wanted WoW or some other mmo to teach me how to play, I would have gotten a WoW account.

On the bright side, the ratio learn-to-play/helpfull info in this thread is very good compared to most of what goes on on this forum. To all the ppl taking the time to explain how they did it and how I should be able to do it: thank you!

I just beat him

in stead of trying to use the walls for los, I stood ontop of the boxes in the back of the room, if he started casting a big one, I jumped off the boxes and that did break los. I only interrupted his heals. This way he did indeed go down very easily.

As a Jedi Sage healer: I tried twice with Nadia, once with Qyzen and died every time. Never had him below 25%. The LoS method might have worked but he was still attacking me around corners and eventually healed himself close to full.

Whipped out Tharan who I never used before and it was incredibly easy. No LoS needed. Just interrupt the healing and soak up the rest of the attacks. When Tharan uses his stun, heal yourself to full and use a Mind Crush to break it. Inbetween Tharan's stun, I just used weaken mind and telekenetic throw.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Just thought I'd add to this thread which helped me immensely as a Jedi Shadow.

First, yes, Theron's your best bet here. I tried almost every companion--and had only used Theron once or twice before (so he wasn't even armored up)--but he's the right answer for this one.

Instead of running around trying to break line-of-sight, I just stood in one place and let Theron heal me. If I saw the blue circle form under me indicating a big attack, I moved of course, but that's about it.

Then don't break any of Stark's attacks--just break his Benevolence heal (it's green) with Mind Snap.

When fighting him, I almost exclusively used Project, Telekinetic Throw and Force Breach. It kept me a little distance from him and able to move.

Finally, if Theron mezzes him, use Mind Crush to end the mezz while hurting Stark strongly.

Edited by JuryDuty

Idk if this has been nerfed since this topic was made back in 12/2011, but I found it pretty easy and did him at 40. I just finished up the other night and completed everything solo at 4 levels under the content, but did so as a Infil/Bal mix (0/27/14 spec at 50). LoS was not hard at all to perform and Balance should be no different. Honestly only died to the 3rd act's boss (not saying the name b/c of spoilers) just once for a missed interrupt during Collapse (sometimes interrupts miss being 46 vs a 50 mob), other than that was pretty easy.

Actually, learning good LoS and keeping range makes a lot of the H4 missions doable while leveling earlier on too, so just incorporate that into these fights if you're at a handicap by being lower level.

Edited by randiesel

trying to beat him for two days and nothing happened. i'm 47 level shadow and didn't have any problem with bosses al all.. pathetic.

I'm not even sure why there are any problems with this guy. I watched a youtube video just to make sure I remembered the right boss and the youtube video was even done by a shadow at level 40. I can't see how he's even a problem for you, unless you are not interrupting his heals. He did more damage to me since I was 40 vs him at 44 than it would be if we were equal level, but still wasn't anything I'd consider challenging.

Syo was actually the only one who killed me, and I only died once to his Collapse cast since it missed b/c I was level 46 (Syo being 50). There are plenty other story mode bosses for other classes that were exceedingly more difficult than this particular fight, just need to interrupt the guy and LoS if all else fails.

OK - So this is my first MMO ever and the I have to say it is fun but some of these Boss fights are ridiculous.

I know some of the players are good at this but I have to say that I've had a pretty hard time with Stark.

I tried it twice with Nadia once with Irsso and one with Theron and I'm stil having issues. I'm a level 44 Jedi Sage.

People say don't worry about his attacks just interrupt his healing. Except when he does the Kinetic Throw my health bar goes down quickly and there is no getting away from it. I've gotten some Endurance Stims and still no love.

I either run out of Force or Run out of interrupts. Tried inviting a friend to do it but it wouldn't let him in (level 49) so I'm guessing I'm going to do every mission on every planet that I was on until I can kill this dude. As far as gear I guess I have the normal stuff. HP 10075, Force 600, Armor 1755. Maybe I didn't level up my Sage correctly but with the Sage I've had a tough time throughout.

First it was that station on Quesh, then Commander Gerel and now this dude. I'm not asking for easy but it's hard to figure out tactis when you keep getting killed.

Your mate was probably the same base class? You need to enable the setting in your preferences that allows people of the same class to enter the story area, and I think he does as well.

Have you tried kiting him around the boxes? That's this fight yeah?

Edited by DaftVaduhhh

Your mate was probably the same base class? You need to enable the setting in your preferences that allows people of the same class to enter the story area, and I think he does as well.

Have you tried kiting him around the boxes? That's this fight yeah?

I had allow the same storyline. The problem was that my friend couldn't travel to the location. I got around that with another user by going to the Fleet, meeting him there, getting on my ship and traveling to the Fearless.

As for the battle. I did everything. I got on the boxes, behind the boxes, outside the door, inside the door, ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, stood my ground, interrupted, healed, bubbled, stimmed, used every available person on the ship (except the droid), leveled up to 45, got better gear, geared up Nadia and Irrso and I just kept dying.

My problem wasn't that he was healing, it was that he would start his Kinetic Throw and bring down the Health Bar of my companion (I would heal but it wasn't fast enough). and my companion would die. I would manage to pull them out once with the retrieve Heal but that takes a minute to cool down and this dude is just relentless.

I was never able to get him below 75% of his health by myself. If I did I was dead anyway. I had some tough battles like the Station in Quesh (that was tough but fun as long as you used strategy - freeze a couple attack one, then heal interrupt, attack). But if it weren't for this 50lvl Commando I'd still be there dying.

So either folks were different class or had something else to help out. I am not the only one saying it either there are others here who couldn't get it done without some help. Not sure if its because its my first character and the Legacy only really helps the ones on the lower level or what the deal is.

• 1 month later...

It always bugs me when someone just says "Why are you complaining, It was so easy" Obviously it ISN'T easy, or people would not be here looking for help.

Disclaimer: I still haven't beaten Stark -- but, there are some nuggets of helpful information here I'm going to try.

My biggest problem is, my Sage is completely STUCK here, and cannot do anything else until he gets past this Boss. I've done all the side quests, I've had friends help me through parts of the story-line (which I love, by the way), but they can't fly to this location - so I'm alone - and am at a complete standstill. In other games, at least you can head someplace else to continue questing until you gain a level or two more that might help (or even ignore this quest, and just deal with others outside your class) --- but here -- NOPE -- you're stuck until you find a way to beat him ------------- or just give it up, and go to another toon.

And, please, don't put down those who are having problems -- that's just rude.

Just beat him yesterday, and I can agree with both sides of the argument, to an extent.

Before I knew what I was doing, I was repeatedly getting my butt kicked to the point of frustration, and rapidly running out of cash to cover repair costs.

But, once I looked up hints like those in this thread, well, while it was still a difficult fight, the difference in difficulty before and after made me literally laugh out loud when he finally, finally went down.

This fight is all about knowing exactly what you're in for, and responding appropriately. It's expected that some people (such as myself), walking in blind, won't know what to expect and get their behinds handed to them on a silver platter as a result. Just how the fight is set up.

• 1 month later...
just need to interrupt the guy and LoS if all else fails.

i've spent almost a MONTH trying to kill Stark, lost all the credits for repairs and almost gave up. but. finally i've found the solution. and yes, it's interrupting. i was using wave, mind snap - all i can to stop him casting and know what? he's absolutely weak without his magic. did it with Nadya without any problem. to those who can't beat Stark: don't give up, rearrange your quick bar to bring up all the interrups you have and interrupt, and interrupt ))

Edited by aladalad

• 2 months later...
If it was meant to be easy then there would be no fun in the challenge of it. Yes it takes some skill and practice. Also might take some levels. If you are equal levels it is easier than 2 or 3 levels down on him. Even easier if you are a level or 2 higher. It all depends on gear and level has to how you do.

Has a Kinetic Shadow I have many ways to interrupt him so these challenges are designed for you to know your class and abilities.

LoS while usable is something that gamers came up with to cheat the game mechanics. While it is viable and not against the rules this is truly not how the encounter was designed and or tested for I can assure you that.

You should be able to beat him with out LoS just have to know what your doing and your class and skills and make sure you are gear correctly.

I dont even know what LOS is and got defeated four times with a 45 shadow and Theron.. Entirely too hard to waste 50K trying discover the mechanics.

the heal has a green icon, soak the other damage and save your interrupts for it.

I was lv39 when I got him so I brought my healer mate to keep me alive...

If you're 42ish or over you should be fine to solo him, take theran with you as his interrupts are life savers...

Where is the green icon?