The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Your Favorite Armor

HJ__

Hey there, one day I was thinking how many different types of armor there is, and how I only like a few of them Only some armor catch my attention, such as the Reaver's armor and traditional Clone trooper armor.

So what armor is your favorite?

-HJ__

My favorites are Eradicator's warsuit and valiant jedi armor set. Simple designs that focused on utility but still managed to look cool in the process. Though it would be nice if the Eradicator set came with the Eradicator mask.

It depends, but if I had to pick just two (one for females, one for males, cause let's face it some armor sets don't look good on the other gender):

Female: Bastila Shan's. She's one of my favorite characters from Star Wars and her outfit is pretty but not ****ty.

Male: Tough pick, but I have to go with... possibly Exar Kun's. It just emanates strength, power, and manliness.

~ Eudoxia

My favorite armor sets were the Revan inspired ones that dropped with 3.0. They were so intricate and well designed. it's a shame we can no longer attain them in the game. I only ever got a partial set for my Sorcerer. I'm hoping that they become craftable like the Dread Master sets are now.

I also really enjoyed a lot of the flash point armor drops that were taken out of the game. The Robes of Dark Delirium set that dropped in the Mandalorian Raiders FP was very nice looking!

Cartel Market wise, I enjoy Sith Recluse and Temple Guardian.

I would add the Satele Shan armor set to this list but the cartel market version is a dirty green color when the original is a nice shade of brown. Using a dye mod does not fix this or make it look as good. I wish BW would fix this!

Xoaan's armor

Mira's armor

Woman's underwear (the shorts)

I have a tendency to mix and match things for my toons. I prefer skirt, dresses and shorts for my toons and short tops.

I have used Bastila's top and mixed it with the shorts for a different type of look.

As it's only been fairly recently that I've started to seriously look into the assorted armors for playing digital pretty princess dress up with my characters, I'm still going through what's possible in combinations. With that said, one of my favorites for Troopers and Bounty Hunters is the Resolute Protector set with a red/white dye pack from the security key vendor slotted in and unify colored. It's the closest possible way to come across a blood splattered stormtrooper look.

• 2 weeks later...

Classic Phantom armour - tho' I'm not keen on covering my character's faces - this looks good for female characters.

Drelliad jacket - the classic leather jacket - looks good on any character. -especially if dyed in leather colours- brown or black.

I also love the sandpeople bloodguard set from the Chevin acquisition event. - I have it on several characters and several companions. Running around dressed as a sand-person just never gets old.

Sand-people bloodguard / Triquivijate.jpg

Edited by Storm-Cutter

• 3 weeks later...

I would say for me, Tactical Infantry or Darth Malgus set. I like design of Tactical Infantry and mostly importantly the effect when a weapon is out and the helmet is just specforce looking. I like Darth Malgus set because of sith like look which my main is sith warrior, It makes me feel like a Lord or Darth when running around as well I LOVE the hood... Goes great with Revan mask.

Free stuff, Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/TxyWwP

For me, I don't have a favorite, I do mixes, cause most of the full armors sets, to me, are lame. I find certain items from different sets that are cool looking and piece them together to make armor I am proud to wear. I mean common, lets face it, a Sith when they walk into a room, demand and must command attention. Darth Vader when he walked into a room you didn't just see him, you felt his presence in your soul, not just from the force, but just by looking at him. And the same can be said for Jedi, just a different feeling, of justice and virtue, the armor has to say: "I've got this, no problem.". It's also fun, being creative with armor, it can be used to tell a story in it'self. Since we don't have the option to give backstories with our characters, who they were before they were slaves (Sith) or whatever, the armor can be use to tell that story.

My favorite armor set is the Eradicator set and mask. Before this set was brought into the game a couple of years ago, I always wanted to see this in game. Ever since the armor was introduced in the "Hope" cinematic trailer, I thought it would be an awesome set to have. Thanks Bioware

Yudo

So far for me, it's nothing fancy, the tight jedi top with the straps and the hood, I think you can get that on Tython with crystals haha.... I love that piece and I try to build around it.

I believe that is the Aspiring Knight's set, both the blue and orange version. They may have changed the name though with 4.0, can't remember.

The CM reskin is Ambitious Warrior set which I sometimes use. It dyes fairly well, especially considering how awful the vanilla colour is. I just wish it didn't have that weird waist coat thing.

I also like the Eradicator set.