Now that we have the technology...

Metthew

Snave brought this up with Eric in his interview.

Eric's lacklustre response had something to do with them not wanting to "ruin the feel" of the Star Wars experience for the role players.

Snave pointed out that pvpers want to PVP first and foremost and don't give a rats about role play. Eric got a bit defensive,

Anyway that was what I remember. You can always go watch it and see if you had a different impression.

Mine is it won't happen, the same as better than cross server will never happen, the same as rank 8s will never happen, the same as Han Solo coming back from the dead won't happen. R.I.P.

i think that instead of cross server pvp a couple servers due to low population should be merged together, that would give some air to the game, not focusing only on pve expansions...

I've been suggesting 1 server per region. One for the west coast, one for the east coast and a few for Europe.

Eric's lacklustre response had something to do with them not wanting to "ruin the feel" of the Star Wars experience for the role players.

Snave pointed out that pvpers want to PVP first and foremost and don't give a rats about role play. Eric got a bit defensive,

Anyway that was what I remember. You can always go watch it and see if you had a different impression.

Mine is it won't happen, the same as better than cross server will never happen, the same as rank 8s will never happen, the same as Han Solo coming back from the dead won't happen. R.I.P.

Solo ranked is just Rotworms and Frogdogs though. You're just a Hutt arena participant.

Not to mention, if they cared about roleplaying so much, they should have stuck to the lore and gotten 1v1 dueling arenas or they should have kept ranked PvP around Empire vs. Republic warzones.

Solo ranked is just Rotworms and Frogdogs though. You're just a Hutt arena participant.

This; that excuse is pathetic. I expected that once they could do cross faction that they would change all the Hutt controlled games (Arenas and Huttball) to cross faction. Heck, Baron Deathmark even says that the competitors are chosen by random draw. :mad:

This; that excuse is pathetic. I expected that once they could do cross faction that they would change all the Hutt controlled games (Arenas and Huttball) to cross faction. Heck, Baron Deathmark even says that the competitors are chosen by random draw. :mad:

rofl

yep. that never made sense to me. it's no more or less random than any other WZ (prior to odessen).

If and that is a big if Eric actually said that about the idea, for once I completely agree with him.

Yea thats right I enjoy pvp the most, when its faction against faction otherwise it has no purpose at all. The reason why I currently do not do ranked has nothing to do with wait times or whatever else people say these days, but rather because it is based on arenas. Anyone who says arenas is not flawed is either new to mmorpg pvp, kidding themselves, or playing a op class.

Yes I enjoy a good solid immersion, no I do not rp in a warzone, but yes I want my enemy to be the republic if I am on my imperial toons. If I am on my republic toons, I want my enemy to be imperials. This is why I will never ever play a single match ever in that mixed faction wz they came out with.

I vote FFA warzones. Red.. MAKE IT ALL RED! No more team healing or tanking!

And Mystic, if that's the case. I assume you leave every Odessan match. You semi-traitor.

I found it hilarious that VO work was even brought up in Snave's interview. Here we all are waiting, sometimes an hour for a pop and Bioware's response to mixed-fac is "But.. what will Lana say?!"

You can't make this stuff up! :rolleyes:

Well so far I have been lucky and it has only popped once.....

As strange as it sounds that free for all idea actually sounds like fun. On a warzone setting I believe it would be abused by the stealth classes, on a arena setting it would make sense lore wise, and maybe restrict only two stealthers in each match.

Yea thats right I enjoy pvp the most, when its faction against faction otherwise it has no purpose at all. The reason why I currently do not do ranked has nothing to do with wait times or whatever else people say these days, but rather because it is based on arenas.
Well, good thing that implementing this would not change anything for you for the worse. It would only disallow queue syncing and make the arena draw fair for each faction, so I don't have to queue on a republic alt just to not be queued along people that make me facepalm.

Anyone who says arenas is not flawed is either new to mmorpg pvp, kidding themselves, or playing a op class.
Doubt anyone claims it is perfect, but the way I really got the hold of my class has been through starting to play ranked arenas. Solo ranked as a sniper is enough stimulus to pressing situations that you either grow or get condemned to ELO hell. Note that you'll end up on a lot of ignore lists as you learn though.

To be fair though, I think practicing 1v1's will be the final step in learning to use sniper to its full potential. The game is surprisingly rich in what you can actively dodge (which is why good operatives are amazing), but I don't have practice against the more unused classes and don't have ALL the timings on what to expect from people focusing me yet.

So I could actually appreciate solo ranked based on 1v1's, which would also be lore-happy.

Enough digression though, moral of the story is that while end results of ranked don't exclusively depend on skill and maybe more on queue-dodging and being on the right faction (saying this as a person who was top 5 sniper/slinger this season until I stopped doing it to study for my finals), it still propels forward people who are good and will make you grow as a player more than just doing unranked warzones.

Edited by Metthew

If I am understanding what your saying, I believe your putting too much faith in faction. Yes I do not support mixed faction, but your acting like one faction has a overwhelming advantage over the other. The problem with that is people are fickle. They change sides on a whim depending on whats going on. As soon as that Rogue one movie hits, anyone want to take a guess where players will be? It does not take a rocket scientists to know the republic side will be getting more players.

As for arenas they do not help people to grow and learn more over warzones. Its no accident that people keep pushing arenas. Their is far less chaos, allot less tactical thinking involved, and allot less anticipation involved. This is why people cling to arenas. When it comes to arenas its pick the best class at the moment and face roll the other side the end. Yes their are some out their that could turn such a team to dust, but those are few in number. In a faction warzone it is a completely different story. Plenty of room to move around, 16 players decreasing the chance of overpowering classes running the match, anticipation required, tactical thinking required, and allot more chaos. The major flaws that warzones face, that arenas face also is mega healers.

These healers that never die no matter how much interruption you use on them, no matter how much dps you use on them absolutely ruin a match.

Off the main topic yes but still

If they cared about role players and stories KOTFE would have been drowned for the abortion it is from star wars. It is the worst non-cannon pile of dog ***** to grace a video game about star wars. The entire concept of a period the galaxy was ruled by a mysterious super force user sect who was a secret heir to the Sith Emperor? Add in the galaxy was ruled by a 300 year old droid named SCORPIO after the idiot son of the Former Emperor left the keys to the mega fleet unattended and unguarded.

I like fights empire vs republic... I really hate to fight against my own faction, it spoils pvp for me.

90% of the matches are already imp v imp.

Just have Lana do some voiceover about it being a simulation for Zakuul and call it a day.

Im gonna call BS on Musco's response. I have been in this game since launch, and I can tell you for a fact most rp'ers dont queue ranked. Not their thing, and good luck getting a ranked pop on a rp server. And for the few that do, they are doing it for rating, and for the 5 minutes a ranked match takes they will not care a bit about the faction of their team. The competitive aspect of this game is separate from the story part, they have to realize this.