The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Directly from Star Wars Celebration, Grand Admiral Thrawn Rebels season 3

Galdric

And who said the EU wasn't to find its way back into Canon . . .

And "Bendu" is a being "the center of the Force, neither Light or Dark . . ."

SW:Rebels is activly setting up concept art and some story for Rogue One!!! Also the idea is to integrate concept art and story, oc, for ANH . . .Straight from the horses mouth

Edited by t-darko

They screwed up his eyes in the pics I've seen of him.

Uh oh... what'd they do?

As excited as I am over this revelation, that Thrawn made it into the new canon...I really, really hope they don't mess up his character. But because it's Rebels, a kids' show...watch Thrawn go from "exceedingly competent, magnificent villain" to "slightly-better-than-average bad guy who routinely gets his rear kicked by the good guys." e_e Well...here's hoping it doesn't happen like that...

Uh oh... what'd they do?

As excited as I am over this revelation, that Thrawn made it into the new canon...I really, really hope they don't mess up his character. But because it's Rebels, a kids' show...watch Thrawn go from "exceedingly competent, magnificent villain" to "slightly-better-than-average bad guy who routinely gets his rear kicked by the good guys." e_e Well...here's hoping it doesn't happen like that...

Pupils and irises and no glow

Yeah that's my concern, they'll royally screw up his character.

And they gave him pupils, corneas, and eye-liner instead of the solid glowing red eyes.

*crickets chirping*

...uh. Dare we hope it's just concept art? That they'll change the final design later on?

What part of "solid glowing red eyes" did they clearly not understand? :/

It's in the trailer

Finally got a look at that, as my computer is now behaving itself...

First impression: *fangirl* ...wait, what is that VOICE?? *fangirling disappears instantly* Ow...ow, my ears...THAT'S Thrawn's voice? Uhhhh...I...I'm not sure what to think on that...

At least they seem to have kept in the "study everything about the enemy - especially their art" aspect of his personality. That made me smile, admittedly. :)

As for the eyes, I think that's what Timothy Zahn had originally written. Thrawn was a half-human, half-alien hybrid, before Zahn (or was that someone else?) came up with the chiss species as all having solid red eyes. So maybe that's what they're going for here?

See, I miss that dark, menacing voice he had in Empire at War.

~ Eudoxia

Reading the Thrawn trilogy, I always imagined he had a voice like...hmmm... Oh! I know. In SWTOR, in the Hoth planetary quests for the Imperial side, you meet with a chiss colonel named Yudrass. That guy's voice is spectacular...that's how I imagined Thrawn to sound like.

But, of course, that's only my personal headcanon. XD

Yep, the True Fan Boy can't rejoice the fact of what made Canon; no; not without demanding that everyone's Subjective experience and inner image is met to the letter :rolleyes:

Btw Lars Mikkelsen does the voice an exellent choice I'll say . . . very much like the ingame Chiss

Edited by t-darko

I agree he doesn't look really as we remember... Chiss were good as they were, not changing them. I hope Dave/Disney won't kill him like they killed the previous Inquisitors.

I hate to see the Empire been defeated over and over again by a group of wannabes on a freighter with a small fleet, they need to show the mighty Empire and their soldiers as they were on the EU, I want to see Vader on a bloodbath or a killing spree...

I really wish to ser Ezra die painfully and shattered: he reserve it!

Thrawn, Dark Troopers, the Outrider, Wedge, Sabine holding the Darksaber, More Maul playing a role in Ezra being pulled between the Dark and Light, some really awesome looking action sequences.

Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to this.

I still prefer the Legends continuity to the New Canon overall, but if this and Rogue One both live up to their trailers, that gap is closing pretty quick (especially with Timothy Zahn doing a Canon Thrawn novel).

I can only hope that because Disney is using one of Timothy Zahn's characters that they will be willing to hire him to write a novel or two, because the people they have hired so far, well, I don't mean to be rude ,but they can't write Star Wars. At least not like Zahn. I miss the books and the EU.

I can only hope that because Disney is using one of Timothy Zahn's characters that they will be willing to hire him to write a novel or two, because the people they have hired so far, well, I don't mean to be rude ,but they can't write Star Wars. At least not like Zahn. I miss the books and the EU.

Zahn is writing a book, about Thrawn, that will apparently be coming out in 2017. It's going to be part of the new canon. (Edit: Here's the link to a bit more information - scroll down a little to get to the part about the book. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/16/star-wars-celebration-2016-grand-admiral-thrawn-is-now-canon )

Other "new canon" writers, take notes from Zahn. You could learn a thing or two or five thousand. :p

Edited by Jagaimee

Zahn is writing a book, about Thrawn, that will apparently be coming out in 2017. It's going to be part of the new canon.

Other "new canon" writers, take notes from Zahn. You could learn a thing or two or five thousand. :p

You have made my day!! Thank you

Zahn is writing a book, about Thrawn, that will apparently be coming out in 2017. It's going to be part of the new canon. (Edit: Here's the link to a bit more information - scroll down a little to get to the part about the book. http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/07/16/star-wars-celebration-2016-grand-admiral-thrawn-is-now-canon )

This. We have idiots like Chuck Wendig who uses the fact he's LGBT disgracefully as a defense against critics who point out that his writing SUCKS. And he actively insults Star Wars and Star Wars fans!

How could Disney hire that idiot?!

Timothy Zahn isn't writing the Thrawn Novel, he's written it. The draft is already going through the review process. Let's hope he writes many, many more.

~ Eudoxia

I am liking how season three is turning out the cast seems older and hopefully they take a slightly more mature tone,this season.

Now for the fanboy freakout OMG ITS THRAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN IF THEY MESS UP THIS CHARACTER I SWEAR AM BURN DOWN SOME CITIES.